Discovery Gaming Community
Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Omicrons systems layout re-work. (/showthread.php?tid=109090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Echo 7-7 - 12-21-2013

Black lines: deleted connections
Green lines: new connections
Yellow arrow: new position on map

This is a proposal for a change in the layout of the Omicrons systems. Discuss.

NB: The position of systems on the map would also change to minimise overlapping lines where they are not necessary.

---

Sneak peek: Treewyrm's Nomad Omicrons update.

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Echo 7-7 - 12-21-2013

Changelog

Version 1:

Map v1

Version 2:

Map v2

Version 3:

Map v3

Version 4:

Map v4

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - sindroms - 12-21-2013

Ming bringing back Alpha-Eta-Theta-Gamma route?

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - aakopa - 12-21-2013

I would like to see Alpha-Theta-Gamma back.

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Remilia Scarlet - 12-21-2013

Ok, Lambda is gone off the way, I'm happy.

But I have a question: What is the purpose of the 96 - 41 hole?

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Venkman - 12-21-2013

I like the idea of linking Eta and Sigma-17 so as Sigma-17 and Theta. That will bring Outcast-Corsair fights into Sigma-17 which i quite nice.... way better that now.

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Mahagadz - 12-21-2013

Good to see now, (if that will be implemented). Less travel from Theta to Sigma-17.

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Scumbag - 12-21-2013

Someone please upload the map to imgur and post a direct link.

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Venkman - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 08:22 AM)Scumbag Wrote: Someone please upload the map to imgur and post a direct link.

Here ya go

RE: Omicrons systems layout re-work. - Echo 7-7 - 12-21-2013

(12-21-2013, 08:00 AM)sindroms Wrote: Ming bringing back Alpha-Eta-Theta-Gamma route?

The S-17 -> Eta hole would be approximately where the S-17 -> S-59 hole is currently, so it'd be a fairly quick trip through S-17, if travelling Eta to Theta or vice-versa. A similar principle would be applied for the Alpha-Beta-Eta link; the gap between the Alpha and Eta holes in Beta would ideally be relatively short.

If Eta were to connect directly to Theta, I'd want to connect S-17 to Lambda instead; otherwise there'd be an undesirable "triangle" of jumps between those systems, and I'm trying to create both more interesting pathways as well as activity bottlenecks.

(12-21-2013, 08:02 AM)aakopa Wrote: I would like to see Alpha-Theta-Gamma back.

Alpha-Theta-Gamma is too short, and ignores the purpose of Eta as a battleground system.

(12-21-2013, 08:04 AM)Remilia Scarlet Wrote: Ok, Lambda is gone off the way, I'm happy.

But I have a question: What is the purpose of the 96 - 41 hole?

O-96 could either receive an excess Zoner or Corsair base from elsewhere in the Omicrons to form some kind of trade route, or it could be filled with mission spawns and/or miscellaneous solar objects and anomalies for exploration. Alternatively, since it's currently empty, it could be completely deleted.

The same goes for Theta-93; it could be a back door into 'Sair space, or just deleted.