Discovery Gaming Community
Battle Transports - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Battle Transports (/showthread.php?tid=109129)

Pages: 1 2

Battle Transports - Thargoid - 12-22-2013

So I'm getting a little bored of piracy and want to start trading again.

I've got a decent amount of cash saved up so maximum profit/time isn't an issue.

I want a ship that I can use to PvP with pirates.

Can someone post a list of battle transports for me to choose from?

Going to start hauling ore for maximum risk, see you in Alberta!

RE: Battle Tranports - sindroms - 12-22-2013

Get a medium sized transport with Dulzian turrets. Say a Kamome or, if you really want to fool pirates into thinking you are an easy target, something more newbie-ish, like a Mamooth.

And just TS/TZ them to death.

RE: Battle Transports - SnakThree - 12-22-2013

Stork is just as good as Bison. While it can't deliver such huge punch, it can evade kicks. I believe I proved it already in Conn.

Edit: Also, I had Bison. Hauled mined commodities all around the places. Only 2 pirate groups I met were LH~ in alberta, when I was 5k away from the hole to Ontario ) and lolpirates in New York, when I was 200m away from Fort Bush.

To be honest, Battletransports is a waste. Stork can make more profit, kill pirates, survive longer. More profit can be used to pay the pirate when you meet one in the end.

RE: Battle Transports - Thargoid - 12-22-2013

But my aim isn't profit, it's to PvP pirates and learn to TS/TZ Big Grin

Maybe it's not such a good idea due to the lack of pirates?

I've heard rumours they're a rare breed now, which is weird, taking into account all the whining from traders in other threads.

"Demands are too high, too many lolwut pirates yada yada yada"

RE: Battle Transports - SnakThree - 12-22-2013

There are too few pirates to warrant usage of Battletransport.

As I said, when you meet a pirate in Stork, your +800 cargo compared to Bison, will already cover the demand.

How about the Behemoth?

I've used this ship for Piracy, and I like it, it looks cool, decent power output and armor.

But I like Charons, would chain firing them be as effective as Dulzians? What about Iron Hammers?

Maybe I'll try some different turrets in conn...

RE: Battle Transports - Murcielago - 12-22-2013

(12-22-2013, 11:14 AM)Snak3 Wrote: There are too few pirates to warrant usage of Battletransport.

As I said, when you meet a pirate in Stork, your +800 cargo compared to Bison, will already cover the demand.

I agree with you it is hard to kill Stork ...

But I think he will try to fight pirates...so Stork is not best option for that.

(12-22-2013, 11:14 AM)Snak3 Wrote: There are too few pirates to warrant usage of Battletransport.

True, but I'll be searching out pirates on purpose to try and kill them, might even register for a blanket board just for fun.

The idea ain't to make money, I'll be using my Stork for that...

I wonder if it would be OK to act all scarred in RP, not mention the bounty, kill them, and then claim it anyway...

RE: Battle Transports - aakopa - 12-22-2013

Get CAU6 Shire.

RE: Battle Transports - Pavel - 12-22-2013

Any battletransport is good for that to be honest, from medium transports Behemoth is the best defence-wise, it's small, with good arcs and a lot of firepower, agile as for its class...

Also, moving to proper subforum