Discovery Gaming Community
Brotherhood Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: [TBH] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+----- Thread: Brotherhood Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=10942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - DragonLancer - 05-14-2016

Just me.
How many times was FP9/FP5 used to launch an attack on Gamma?

According to all the ingame development I think it would make sense.

EDIT:
@Draku: Sorry but I realized it's a brainfart by me.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - nOmnomnOm - 05-14-2016

I remember some more that FP in theta was needed to give corsairs some food. There were rumors I think that they wanted to take it over?? I forget.

But I think it is not worth starting a war with people that can supply you with food and resources.

Also perhaps you can force the FP to not allow the staging of fleets to attack?

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Jack_Henderson - 05-14-2016

Freeports are never used to launch attacks against anybody.
It's just that stupid players use Freeports in that way.
On server reality can never depict the "real" Disco as it would be (if it was a real world) correctly.

Attacking a Freeport because some players love to keep e.g. raiding forces on them for convenience is not the way to go. These ships would not be there in reality, and you have to adjust ingame reality to on-server discrepancies with this ingame reality slightly.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Lythrilux - 05-14-2016

Ah yes. Ye old "Zoners are essential to Edge Worlds factions!" meme. I've heard this said so many times with little to back it up, so I decided to do my own research. Best place to start is always infocards.

056313 Wrote:[[ NEWS ARCHIVE - 801 A.S. ]]FREEPORT 10 -- The relationship between Zoners and Outcasts is a precarious one. The Outcasts view the Zoners as somewhat useful, so they do not attack them. The moment that the Outcasts no longer find the Zoners necessary, they will have no compunctions about slaughtering any who are in or near their space. The IMG have a much worse rapport with the faction. Outcasts will kill any miners they come across in the northern Edge Worlds. The last thing that Outcasts want is undue attention by outside factions in their territory.

From this news infocard we are being given the impression that Outcasts tolerate the Zoners in the same sort of fashion Liberty tolerates the Junkers. There's no sort of mention that Zoners are the lifeblood of Outcasts and ensure that they are supplied. And from 801 A.S to 823 A.S is a huge amount of time. It's likely that within that time Outcasts would have found newer, multiple means of supply. Bluntly, the Outcasts would have no issue killing the Zoners if things came to that.

056315 Wrote:[ NEWS ARCHIVE - 801 A.S. ]]FREEPORT 9 -- Corsairs and Zoners get along together reasonably well because of the large quantities of Corsair Food produced on Freeport 9, but there is some question as to whether operations like it will continue to be allowed to operate so freely by the Corsairs. The presence of Bounty Hunters in Zoner freeports has been the source of mounting tension between the Corsairs and their deliberately neutral neighbors.

In this second news infocard we are being told that Freeport 9 grows the Corsairs food supply. Most likely due to the Biodomes. However at the same time Freeport 9 has caused multiple headaches for the Corsairs via attacks based off the Freeports by their enemies. And although Freeport 9 and the Zoners on it could be seen as important due to the food they produce...

056445 Wrote:[ NEWS ARCHIVE - 801 A.S. ]]CRETE -- Many Corsairs believe that it is no longer necessary to tolerate the Zoner presence in Omicron Gamma's sister system. There is concern that they allow Bounty Hunters to come too close to the home world. It has also been argued that the biodomes in Freeport 9 could be salvaged after the Zoner expulsion and used to grow food solely for Corsairs. Right now the Zoners enjoy relative safety in Omicron Theta, but that could soon change.

There has always been some fricition between the Corsairs and the Zoners of FP9, and as such the Corsairs have considered whether or not to simply take the Freeport for themselves. All they want is the food from those biodomes, nothing more.

Therefore does this give the impression that the factions of Hispania really are buddy-buddy with Zoners? And if both the Corsairs and the Outcasts barely find them necessary, do other Edge Worlds factions need to treat them as "essential" too? Personally, I do not think so. I also think it's ludicrous to suggest that factions would be completely oblivious to Freeports being used as a place to base attacks off. Not only do vanilla news articles make note of that, but it'd be pretty dumb for factions not to notice.

I have made this post in light of the recent Delta Drama as many people told me The Core would start to suffer "oh so much" because of it's hostility to Zoners. In reality we hadn't had much affinity to them and Zoners were never keen suppliers of us in the first place. Instead, we found support and supply from a myriad of other factions. And whilst I'm not actually suggesting TBH take on board Dragonlancer's suggestion, in his defense I don't think it'd be too crazy for the Corsairs to start messing around with the Zoners.

Also I thought we were against the notion of "I'm a Zoner/Junker/Freelancr ID! You can't pirate me!" Big Grin.

There's lots of other infocards similiar to the above ones, but they aren't news articles so I only went for something that wouldn't be biased.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Goldberg - 09-08-2016

Maybe today is the "Gank Lambda" day, I'm not sure... but this was my 3rd gank today.

3 Battleships and 1 Cruiser (1 [TBH] Battleship (Olympus[TBH])) charging against 1 Crecy... I'm not sure... but at least... I thought that I will get a fair fight... maybe against the cruiser... but NOPE... let's gank him...

Would be really nice... when you stop that... and yeah, the official BS never tried to disengage... he was even the first who posted his engagement notice...

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - TheShooter36 - 09-08-2016

Hey, they are indies, what i can do?

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Goldberg - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 07:11 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: Hey, they are indies, what i can do?

Pretty easy, you disengage (nerd)

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Venkman - 09-08-2016

Good fight in Cambridge just now. I had fun although I was kind of late to the party. Keep bringing ships to Bretonia.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - TheShooter36 - 09-08-2016

We will venkman, and ill die with a glorious charge ^^

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Clavius - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 07:16 PM)Venkman Wrote: Good fight in Cambridge just now. I had fun although I was kind of late to the party. Keep bringing ships to Bretonia.

Expect us more in the future (sun)

(09-08-2016, 06:54 PM)Legionnaire Wrote: Maybe today is the "Gank Lambda" day, I'm not sure... but this was my 3rd gank today.

3 Battleships and 1 Cruiser (1 [TBH] Battleship (Olympus[TBH])) charging against 1 Crecy... I'm not sure... but at least... I thought that I will get a fair fight... maybe against the cruiser... but NOPE... let's gank him...

Would be really nice... when you stop that... and yeah, the official BS never tried to disengage... he was even the first who posted his engagement notice...

Yeah, I came after that happend and talked to them, shouldn't happen anymore, if it does please let me know.