Discovery Gaming Community
Join O'Rhu Cell! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Join O'Rhu Cell! (/showthread.php?tid=109511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Join O'Rhu Cell! - axisdeus - 12-30-2013

[Image: 73AEdJ0.png]

As you step down from the ship that brought you this far, you turn your eyes and gaze upon it only to see large holes through the wings, leftover rocks in the admissions and exhausts, slime and cosmic dust allover the hull and you sense this is just the beginning of what is to come.You search your jacket, pocket by pocket, first for a cigarette and second for the thing.

Now, with the cigarette all light up and with the item for which you took this journey firmly clasped in your right hand you blunder in, through unfamiliar faces, too many and too busy to be distinguished, passing around people with hundreds of problems and thoughts , in the bustle and noise of the hangars on Freeport 11. You hardly make it through this place filled with goods, forklifts, junk and countless individuals, eventually reaching the outside of a bar.

Clutching the received card, you join the cool obscurity of the watering hole. What a miserable excuse for a tavern - full of smoke, smelling of rancid tobacco and cheap alcohol , and above all overflowing with people either too tired or too dubious. You sneak around the tables all the way to the back of the room . The man said is here where you can use the object in your hand. You lower your eyes, open the right fist and stare at it...

What strange character that individual, he came out of nowhere and pushed you, slipping this thing in your pocket. When he reached out to help you to get up , he whispered in your ear to go to Omicron Delta , that 's where you going to find everything you need so you can feel alive again.

.....you look at the card again. When you had entered it into the fighter's central console it gave details on how to get here, including various routes through systems on the edge of nowhere, in this godforsaken place. And all of that to seek this. You stop in front of an old console near the bar's toilet door.

What can you find here, what could possibly be so interesting here that it deserved to almost get killed. You stretch your right arm and close the card to the console's slot floundering a bit, but maybe...just maybe something is here to be worthwhile. You remember various acquaintances that made a decent living here in the fringes of the universe. You introduce the card and push the consoles controls.

DECRYPTING DATA
[Image: ykl0.jpg]
ACCESSING MESSAGE
Good day stranger.
No matter the reasons that pushed you to the edges of Sirius, you are here and this means just one thing - one of our Operatives observed you and deemed you worthy of a secret greater than all of us. Humanity is in danger, constant terrible danger and we are the ones to stop it, and seeing you presence here you are needed as well.

You may ask yourself if you are ready for this. Well you survived the journey, that should count for something. I am not going to lie you, it happens more often than not that possible members that are drafted out end up dead or missing on they way here. All a small loss for the greater good. Don't get all the wrong ideas now, we are not ruthless, heartless mercenaries, we do not even kill humans, normally. What we do overpasses the petty interests of humanity - we are their guardians working from the shadow at preserving the life and well-being of mankind from the dreaded Nomads. You probably are tempted to close this message by now. Well, do not, and yes, we are talking about Nomads or the Slomon K'Hara as we arrived to know them, and yes we are hunting them. Let me presume a question has already arouse in your head, and the answer is no, we are not mad, and neither are you. We do this and this is a reward itself. And for what i know my Operatives pick for the Order, you yourself are a man of action. Well we will happily get you accommodated into the ranks of Order Secondary Fleet, provided you will pas the trial.

But first thing first, prior to the trial itself, we need to make contact. Fill up the form enclosed in the message and send it using this channel. You will be contacted in the field. Once first contact is made and trial card granted, you will also receive limited access to the O'RHU DATABASE

And now to answer the second question you most likely have on your mind. Yes, we are interested in you former life, but we will ask for details once you are in the trial program. Now go to your probably damaged ship and slip the card in the navigational console. You will find there coordinates to a jump hole and clearance codes to pass any order patrol you will encounter. Once on board Meskhenet Station, an Agent will process you and you will be on your way to our organization. See you in space, hopefully
END OF MESSAGE
[Image: ykl0.jpg]

You remain dismayed at all of this but unconsciously your hands start filling in the form on the screen. Still you feel the urge of busting out the door of the bar and not stopping until on board of your poor old fighter, and setting course to your home. You sit upwards, take a few steps towards the door, leaving the console turned on. But what is there for you now, after you glanced through the keyhole of a new world. You shift back to the console and hit <SEND>

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could be one also - Ace Razgriz - 12-31-2013

Name: Joseph "Tantalus" Grooms

Contact location: Battleship Atum

Previous occupation: Diplomacy and affairs agent for Bretonia from the secondary fleet and trained sekhmet bomber pilot.

Combat proficiency: Well skilled at protecting from the rear and engaging capitol vessels

Resourcefulness: In terms of hostile situations? Be a logistical smartarse is usually the way I get out of jams like that.

To Mr. Joseph 'Tantalus' Grooms - axisdeus - 12-31-2013

*He climbs in the cockpit of the Nephtys, puts his helmet on and starts checking the systems: power - check; weaponry - check; scanner array - check; life support - check; the second the comm button is pressed a loud noise engulfs the cabin* ...well what would this be.. *accesses the transmission* ..ahh, Agent Tantalus, yes i remember you *smirks* and i am glad to see you on the enlistment list. I think i will take care personally of your trial period. *left hand rubbing his chin and the right one opens a comm channel* [AI: Begin message after the signal ----beep] Good day Mr. Grooms, i am glad to see you took a decision and by the time you will get this message some arrangements concerning your trial period will already be made. Contact me in space and be hasty about it. *closes the transmission and initiates the liftoff procedure*

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - Petitsli - 01-01-2014

Name: James Moor
Contact location: Taba Border Station
Previous occupation: Obviously a 042A pilot.
Combat proficiency: Rusty.
Resourcefulness: I guess not that good due to the fact that I woke up in a wrecked Bastet orbitting Toledo.

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - axisdeus - 01-01-2014

*grabs his jacket and goes through the door when suddenly a tone starts at the comm console. He checks the time and decides to make his way back to the console* [Accessing entry #2335 - Appliance form] Mr. Moor...Fighter pilot..*nods*..aham ...Toledo, Mr. Moor...hmm this rings a bell though i am not sure...*a sudden flashback of fires, explosions and screams, and a face, passing in front of him, with a fighter pilot helmet hanging at the back of the flight-suit; - a voice from the crowd -"Hurry up Moor. We need everyone out there." - the face*...what...It can't be...*with shaking hands turns on a comm channel* Mr. Moor?...Good. Meet me in space right now. We need to talk....

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - axisdeus - 01-11-2014

"Computer, check O'Rhu mail and see if anyone has filled in applications for trial program." [AI] [Negative] "Have you send the assignments to all O'Rhu operatives in the filed, to be on the lookout for new members?" [AI][Affirmative. Assignments have been send using the comm protocol HTPN-23CZ.] He goes over to the plotting console and looks at the amount of work to be done. "We need more people in order to complete our goals. Computer, resend the assignment, and change it;s priority to <HIGH>.[AI][Resending - Assignment sent to all O'Rhu operatives in the field.] "That would be all Computer."

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - shadowreign11 - 01-11-2014

Name: Hemi Anderson

Contact location: Have not been contacted yet, just taking the initiative and applying

Previous Occupation: Cruiser Captain, now Carrier Captain

Combat Proficiency: Out of 10, 6 hell of a lot to learn still

Resourcefulness: being a large carrier cuts out agility and subtlety, so optimizing her strengths in hull, shield and launch pads. Basic principal to shield and launch the forces

If I offend or annoy you by applying without being first contacted by an agent I apologize for the inconvenience and you may discard my application

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - axisdeus - 01-13-2014

"Hemi Anderson....Hemi Anderson....Hmmm..still, I do not see anything here" starts looking through the file "Carrier Cpt you say...mhmmm....alot of these lately out there....still i wonder can you still fly a small and swift craft?" sets the file aside for the moment and pick up the personal pad [Log entry #23556-34] "Meet Hemi Anderson in space. Find out more."

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - karl - 02-08-2014

Name: David Craig
Contact location: Taba Border station
Previous occupation: lone fighter Pilot
Combat proficiency: semi experienced
Resourcefulness: I know what to say and do when the time comes to get out a situation. be it attacking or negotiations.

RE: O'Rhu Cell Pilots- You could also be one - axisdeus - 02-08-2014

A man goes running through the hallway, with a datapad in hand and bulging everybody "Sir! Sir!" the commander stops and look at the puny man, catching his breath "What is it, mr. Fedlemid?" "We got a ..."breaths deeply" ...a new contact to join our ranks, and you did ordered to be kept updated immediately." Picks up the datapad and looks over it. "Mr. Craig..." starts typing a small message "Mr. Abou, you will be in charge with this man trial. All he accomplishes during this period must be filled and i want to see his report no later than 3 days from now. " hands over the datapad and leaves to his quarters, with a strange grin on his face.