Discovery Gaming Community
Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? (/showthread.php?tid=109518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Thargoid - 12-31-2013

I would like clarification from an admin on this, if I'm chased for 700k+ and I explode due to the limitations of Freelancer, does this count as PvP death?

It happened yesterday and I stayed out of the system anyway, when I died, there was no death message and I appeared at the station I was previously docked at, with all of my cargo/ammo in tact.

The guy that was chasing me then told me to leave the system, then, miraculously he appeared in another system, so obviously he killed himself too.

Personally I don't think this should count as a PvP death, in real life, the chase could have kept on going for days.

If anyone is interested, I was in a Pirate Transport, fleeing from a Navy Battlecruiser that wanted to pop me, I was not engaging in piracy, I was trading.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Karst - 12-31-2013

Frankly, anyone leading a chase to the system wall should not only be pvp dead, but fined seventy billion million credits for being a massive, time-wasting nuisance.

To answer your question yes, you are pvp dead if you die during a player encounter no matter the circumstances.
I have to ask though, in your situation, why didn't you simply dock at a base?

Edit: Also, why does every single thread have a poll these days? It's a rules question. It doesn't need a poll.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Tankman - 12-31-2013

You died while someone was chasing you, PVP death.

Also running for 700k? Thanks for wasting people's time...

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - P1vas - 12-31-2013

Cruise-strafe trick, people, learn it already.
Transports strafe slower than snubs, so you can catch one before it reaches the wall.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Garrett Jax - 12-31-2013

Edit: Removed for in-accurateness.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - **BUDDY** - 12-31-2013

Quote:Also running for 700k? Thanks for wasting people's time...

Quote:but fined seventy billion million credits for being a massive, time-wasting nuisance.

Ummm.......If you think this is a waste of time then i put it to you both....why chase for so long..............

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Giggle Snort - 12-31-2013

I'm gonna just say that at 700k the game is letting you know that you've been running for so long that you're out of oxygen/water/food supplies and are dead.

Because you were being chased, you got chased till you starved to death.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Garrett Jax - 12-31-2013

(12-31-2013, 05:01 AM)Garrett_Jax Wrote: If you were trading, you cannot be pvp dead.

Apparently, I was incorrect. The rule used to be that a trader was always safe whether he blew up or docked. Now, I'm told that if a trader blows up, they are pvp dead, if they dock, they are exempt from the 2 hr rule.

Learn something new everyday.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Thargoid - 12-31-2013

(12-31-2013, 05:01 AM)Garrett_Jax Wrote: If you were trading, you cannot be pvp dead.

I though the rules were changed?

If a trader dies, they have to adhere to the 2 hour rule, but if they dock they don't, that's the way I understood it.

(12-31-2013, 04:52 AM)Karst Wrote: Frankly, anyone leading a chase to the system wall should not only be pvp dead, but fined seventy billion million credits for being a massive, time-wasting nuisance.

To answer your question yes, you are pvp dead if you die during a player encounter no matter the circumstances.
I have to ask though, in your situation, why didn't you simply dock at a base?

I was planning to stay in the system for a while, to pirate NPC transports, but I wasn't doing that at the time, I was hauling stuff from A to B, he was wasting my time, the only reason I ran for so long was because I didn't want to be PvP dead and not be able to make money in that system because I was banned from it.

I don't really care about wasting the guys time, he was in a Battlecruiser and I was in a Transport, if he was in a snub I would have stopped to fight, even a bomber.

I was doing stuff IRL at the time anyway, so didn't really care about wasting my own time.

If his idea of fun is popping transports in a BC, then he can wait 40 minutes for his fun, in the end he never even got a chance to finish me off himself.

(12-31-2013, 04:54 AM)Tankman Wrote: You died while someone was chasing you, PVP death.

It doesn't make sense to just blow up randomly, if I was killed by him, fair enough, but I wasn't. He was also PvP dead in that case, because he killed himself during the same interaction.

RE: Death at 700K, PvP Dead? - Thargoid - 12-31-2013

(12-31-2013, 05:08 AM)emperorvinayak Wrote: I'm gonna just say that at 700k the game is letting you know that you've been running for so long that you're out of oxygen/water/food supplies and are dead.

Because you were being chased, you got chased till you starved to death.

You can starve to death in 40 minutes?

Learn something new every day.