Discovery Gaming Community
Clarification on 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Clarification on 3.2 (/showthread.php?tid=109968)

Pages: 1 2

Clarification on 3.2 - sindroms - 01-09-2014

3.2 A player who was killed during a PvP fight in any form, must not enter the system where the fight took place or re-engage the attacker(s) for 2 hours from the time of their destruction, or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game.

What happens if the player (who killed you) switches characters, and you know they are flown by the same person?
What happens if the player switches characters, and you think they MIGHT be the same person?

How to prove it? How to prove the opposite?

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Tunicle - 01-09-2014

Is the unless bit not phrased "ship(s)", not player or character but ship?

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Remilia Scarlet - 01-09-2014

I guess you're supposed to ask via PM or if it's same player and he feels like having your out of system then he might PM you telling it's him. But for me it's unnecessary crap.

Old rules were much more better. :v

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Thargoid - 01-09-2014

You can often get a good idea if their ping is the same.

Do /pingtarget

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Doria - 01-09-2014

The most important part of th enew way that 3.2 is written is this: "(...) or until this/these ship(s) leave(s) the game."

It says ship(s) now, not player(s). So, even if is the same player in the same system but he changed from his pirate to a trader or something, then you are good to go even if you know its the same player.

That's how I interpreted it anyway...

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - sindroms - 01-09-2014

(01-09-2014, 12:01 PM)Thargoid Wrote: You can often get a good idea if their ping is the same.

Do /pingtarget

That would involve entering the system and risking a sanction.

(01-09-2014, 12:24 PM)david.starr Wrote: It says ship(s) now, not player(s).

That would be a sound plan, if only not for the fact, that we have a rule preventing the killed player using other ships to attack the the killer.

In this case, it is asking if the same rule applies if the killer changes ships.

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Bulldog. - 01-09-2014

Ok that makes more sense.What in the case your other caracter is deep in the system.Are you allowed to leave the system or should you just wait the 2 hours?At the moment I just take it I must wait that 2 hours so just need a confirm.

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Remilia Scarlet - 01-09-2014

It's better to just bring back ol' good 4 hours w\o returning nuances.

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Omega472 - 01-10-2014

(01-09-2014, 01:42 PM)|BH|Bulldog Wrote: Ok that makes more sense.What in the case your other caracter is deep in the system.Are you allowed to leave the system or should you just wait the 2 hours?At the moment I just take it I must wait that 2 hours so just need a confirm.

You have ten minutes to leave the system.

Also, I'd say it would have to be only the ship that killed you. Otherwise any ol' troll that saw your blue message could pm you and tell you not to enter, and you'd have no clue if it was really them or not. I could see that leading to a lot of convoluted sanctions imo.

RE: Clarification on 3.2 - Thargoid - 01-10-2014

(01-10-2014, 01:51 AM)Omega472 Wrote: You have ten minutes to leave the system.

No, you don't, re-read the rules, there is no 10 minute grace period anymore.

You should ask the player that killed you for permission to leave the system.