Discovery Gaming Community
Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? (/showthread.php?tid=110081)

Pages: 1 2

Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Hidamari - 01-11-2014

"Would it cost less inrp, but for 'balance' reasons must be pricy to give incentive to trade"

thoughts?

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - teschy - 01-11-2014

I don't know about that, but the fact that fighters have the power requirements and space to carry a battleship scanner is kinda.. unrealistic? It's like cap thrusters on bombers all over again.

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Hidamari - 01-11-2014

As far as i was aware the spyglass scanner is the fighter equivalent to the battleship scanner. (aren't they two separate objects altogether?)

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Valrin - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 06:29 PM)Hidamari Wrote: As far as i was aware the spyglass scanner is the fighter equivalent to the battleship scanner. (aren't they two separate objects altogether?)

That's what I always thought >_>
I mean if they couldn't be used on fighters....why would the Lane Hackers both stealing it? Tongue

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - teschy - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 06:29 PM)Hidamari Wrote: As far as i was aware the spyglass scanner is the fighter equivalent to the battleship scanner. (aren't they two separate objects altogether?)

Well, as far as I know, the Spyglass Scanner was only available on the Spyglass Battleship. Either way, I saw actual Battleship Scanners on fighter ships, not the spyglass kind.

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - AshHill07 - 01-11-2014

Both spyglass and Battleship scanners are exactly the same (The reason the Lane Hacters stole it was so they and the Hellfire Legion could use it on thier Spyglass class battleships, hence the name).

I have a spyglass scanner on my Dread, because why not.

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Valrin - 01-11-2014

That is true about the Spyglass Battleship....they should just bring that back Tongue (only for the LH~ leader ofc (why was it even taken out?))
And yes...I have seen Battleship scanners on fighters...and that is just retarded >_>

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Hidamari - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 05:58 PM)Hidamari Wrote: "Would it cost less inrp, but for 'balance' reasons must be pricy to give incentive to trade"

I would say yes....seeing as it costs not to much more then a cruiser and I'm sure a cruiser is much more complicated with all it's stuff.....but that's just what I say.

RE: Is the spyglass scanners ingame cost a reflection on their actual worth? - Omicron - 01-11-2014

Nope.

The smallest ship INRP capable to field spyglass scanner is Resheph. Anyone who says he mounted it on ships other than Spyglass/Arbiter and Resheph is just OORP.