Discovery Gaming Community
Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available (/showthread.php?tid=110337)

Pages: 1 2

Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Ponge - 01-16-2014

I think the Crane's cargo space should be lowered to the standard large transport size (4200), so the factions with 4300 cargo limitation (IMG, Junkers, etc.) could use it as an alternative to the other (faction specific) ships. All other large transports (House civilian) have <4300 hold, and they can be used with IDs limited to 4300.
It just does not make sense that the generic civilian large transport cannot be used with those IDs, while specialized ones can be.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Vulkhard Muller - 01-16-2014

as a Note to my Vote, Id also like to see it added along side the PTrain on the FL ID Seeing as you know Liberty wants to be the odd ball and ban PTrain.

Just a thought

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Vipera Berus - 01-16-2014

Just out of curiosity why reduce its cargo hold or add to an exceptions list.I have 1 FL ID ship and I'm getting rid of it. If I want to fly a specific ship and it's not allowed by a certain ID I find one that allows me to fly the ship. Even then I do use ships with lower cargoholds than the max for an ID because I like them better.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Vulkhard Muller - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 03:12 PM)Vipera Berus Wrote: Just out of curiosity why reduce its cargo hold or add to an exceptions list.I have 1 FL ID ship and I'm getting rid of it. If I want to fly a specific ship and it's not allowed by a certain ID I find one that allows me to fly the ship. Even then I do use ships with lower cargoholds than the max for an ID because I like them better.
Honestly My Reasoning behind is is for the sake of an Rp Character who Other wise is forced to use an ID I would rather him not.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - MrWeeks - 01-16-2014

While this is a very valid point, this will help powertraders even more. They can visit almost all systems, carry goods across them and in a larger capacity now. I think that the Firefly should be the limit with the freelancer ID and that if you would like to become a big hauler, get a proper ID for your ship and thus are faction restricted. I hate seeing haulers carry goods between warring countries, it makes very little RP sense. To be honest when a nation at war is selling you a commodity I'm pretty sure that you would be questioned as to your destination. And when recieving cargo I'm sure a nation would also ask where you got it from.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Ponge - 01-16-2014

I see both points, but I agree that Freelancer ID should NOT receive this ship as an exception (Freelancer is a too generic/neutral ID for this size).
The main point of reduction of the hold is to make it available as a generic alternative to factions with 4300 cargo limitation in their ID.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Mímir - 01-16-2014

Corporate Junkers™, voted no of course.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Ponge - 01-16-2014

(01-16-2014, 04:55 PM)Mímir Wrote: Corporate Junkers™, voted no of course.

I do not really understand this post of yours, what "corporate Junkers"? Crane is fully civilian, not corporate.

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Reid - 01-16-2014

Just fly a Heron

RE: Suggestion: make "Crane" more available - Lythrilux - 01-16-2014

Nah, keep it to the pirate train.
The whole point of the pirate train, is that you get to fly a 4.3ker on your ID but you compensate by flying an illegal vessel which, when flown in Liberty, can get you busted.