Discovery Gaming Community
A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) (/showthread.php?tid=110522)

Pages: 1 2 3

A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) - Chris DeGarmo - 01-19-2014

The Omegas and Omicrons were often a lonely place full of fighting, piracy and the politics of houses making false claims over territory and Chris DeGarmo made his living in it. A musician by trade, his love passing along his love of the guitar and music to children or anyone who was interested and performing on Freeport stages for extra credits was his free time. For the most part, his guitar was his only love in these lonely parts as he acted as a liaison for the Temporary Autonomous Zoners in these remote areas. That, however, changed when he met a young lady outside of Freeport 1 while he awaited further orders.

Amber Stones she was and she sounded quite smart, even taking an interest in his music. Fittingly, Chris gave her a dinner invite and docked at the Freeport where he was a frequent visitor and performer. He even had a small room there. Today, however, he got a nice table in the lounge as he awaited his date, dressed casually with a candle, flowers and wine at the table. He wasn't sure what to expect. He just sat quietly, sipping on seltzer as he waited.

RE: A Dinner Date (RP with Amanda Stones) - Shizune - 01-19-2014

Finding whatever she could wear, Amber stepped into the lounge and looked around quietly. She was not dressed in anything fancy however nor was she dressed in just basic clothing. Around here was a tight sky-blue dress that reached down to her knee's. Looking unarmed and rather fit, quickly spotted Chris and moved over to the table taking a seat.

From this look, she seemed more then just a regular pirate, from this angle really she didn't even look like one to begin with. Smiling ever so slightly as she looked up at him

"Nice table you picked out Chris, again thank you for inviting me here."

RE: A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) - Chris DeGarmo - 01-20-2014

He softly smiled, "My pleasure, Amber. I was enjoying our chat outside and figured we could continue in comfort."

Chris was a bit unsure of what to say. It wasn't often he had a quick date with someone he had only met shortly before. Still, he hoped his charm and easy going demeanor would take over.

"I had them bring out some wine," he stated, "if you prefer something else, I can order it."
A waiter arrived and greeted himself, handing menus to each of them. "Good to see you again, Mr. DeGarmo." He then nodded to Amber, "Ma'am, let me know when you're ready to order. We have a few specials on fish as we got a rare shipment in from Honshu. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Chris went off the specials menu, ordering a Mahi fish dinner. As Amber looked at hers, he began some small talk, "A Kusari father and a Corsair mother. An interesting combination. A lot of honor in that blood mix. Makes for a better background than my growing up on planet Los Angeles."

RE: A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) - Shizune - 01-20-2014

Looking over the menu, she ordered a Yellowtail Hamachi, she looked up after putting the menu down and nodded. "Honor is one of the many things of my family...just wish everyone followed that..."

"And I never got to ask your back story, and where I come from, its a more of a honorable thing to ask the man his story before I say mine." Smiling a bit more and leaning back on the seat a bit, taking the glasses and pouring them both to half full and handed one to him.

Chris accepted the glass with a thank you and a smile.
"Where I came from," he began, "for me, it's simple since my life has been fairly uneventful. I was born and raised on planet Las Angeles. My father was a business executive while my mother was a veterinarian."

He gave a snicker and a grin, "So naturally, they weren't happy when I told them I wanted to make a life out of my music. So, to satisfy them, I became a teacher, teaching music to kids.........and anyone else who wanted to learn."
He took a sip of his wine, "My parents still want me to get a real job to this day."

He knew the question of TAZ would come up eventually so he continued, "I met my boss, John Holliday, back home. It was a chat much like we are having now that prompted him to offer me membership to TAZ. He said that if I was happy with music, keep doing it and to hell with those who didn't like it. So I still teach on occasion but with my liaison work out here, I can have my music too."

He leaned forward a bit, his glass in his hand, "now how about you."

She took a sip from her glass, pausing for a long moment when he brought up the question before looking up and speaking. "My parents used to run a aged carrier in the Omicron's, not as a war vessel but as a refueling and resting platform. Both of them worked together on the vessel so...hence why they got along so well."

"Well...that was up until the accident...Almost lost my younger sister during a moment with the Corsairs, they found the carrier and demanded money from it...reluctant my parents refused to pay and...we got attacked...anyways after that my two sisters left to the deep omicrons, falling in line with the Order...me however was...in a coma on the freeport, nothing major...anyways, after all that I kinda...went on my own.." Taking another sip of her wine slowly and seeming to think for a moment

"Sorry, i'm just blabbering on now, I tend to do that..." Giving a slight smiling, hoping for a non-disappointed reaction at least

Chris just gave a soft smile and put his glass down after taking a sip, "No, no, that's all right. You're not blabbering."
He took a bite of the appetizer that had just been brought over, "I am glad that you came out of the coma OK. I'd like to know more about you."

Taking a biscuit from one of the baskets on the table, pausing for a moment before taking a bite out of it. "Not much to say, I work with my sister Aelita really. We work on building drone's, all kinds of AI-kind-of-things, robots, etc...That's how I make my money, selling drones we make, here."

Lifting up her right arm, she took a blue, metal plate off her arm. Laying it on the table, the plate seemed to break off into a small swarm nanites before reforming the metal plate once more "We call these Peaceful nanites, their defensive weapons...each one is fitting with small taser...And in this small swarm size they...tend to get annoying..." Smiling a bit more, she passed the metal plate to him.

"Also if you don't mind me asking, what song's do you know how to play really well? I mean like...hmmm...well songs, not sure what example to use..." Giving a unsure look after speaking

RE: A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) - Chris DeGarmo - 01-22-2014

He squinted a bit as he looked at the nanites. He had heard of them used in medical research and ship repair but not as a weapon of any sort. "Interesting," he commented as he studied them, "Do you have more of these? I mean, I'm not a scientific mind but I find these very interesting."

He heard her question about music as he studied. He sat back up, "I play all kinds of stuff. A lot of it you have never heard in part because its the kind of stuff I put together in my free time."
He shrugged a bit as he continued, "You see, I don't have much of a voice so I let the strings do my singing but I do get that occasional person who sings with me if I play something we both know."

"Here," he said, as he excused himself long enough to get up, go to the stage area and grab an acoustic, "here's something soft and easy." He sat down and slid his chair back a bit.

He began playing. When he was finished, he rested his arm on his instrument, smiled and said, "I call that 'Seasons of Change." He then consumed the rest of his drink.

RE: A Dinner Date (RP with Amber Stones) - Shizune - 01-22-2014

Clapping slowly and smiling at him, Smiling as he returned "Wow...that was just...wow...rather good...and to answer your earlier question, we make many kinds of them yes." Fishing into her pocket and digging out a small, rather small drone-like shape. "Its a camera...well...kinda like a camera..." placing it onto the table on the blue plate. Pausing and smiling "Sorry, again, wonderful music...I...ramble on to much...happens when I start talking about things I work on.."