Discovery Gaming Community
Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships (/showthread.php?tid=110679)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - sindroms - 01-22-2014

Okay, so if you are running around in Liberty, Omega 3 or Alpha, you probably know which characters I am talking about.

People, who use a nomad cloaked ship but does a completely normal human roleplay.

The idea here is that until you get to scan the ship, you cannot prove it is a nomad IDed ship or that it is using a nomad cloak, a piece of hardware which IRP cannot be used on non-nomad ships.

We already see that the K'hara have told their members not to roleplay if cloaked. This is a good example why.

TL;DR. Annoying as hell. For me, at least. I have no problems about nomads getting inf-cloaks, if they are used on a nomad character and with nomad RP in mind. Players doing regular human-based RP on nomad cloaked ships, such as ''ghosts'' or ''advanced specops'' or the such, is unacceptable in my eyes.

RP is RP, but please build it around your ID's limitations or apply for a SRP.

Currently there are 4 people doing what I have described above. Rethink your choice of ship, please. There is a reason why non-nomads do not have inf-cloaks.

EDIT: Let me clarify something. When I mean non-nomad RP, I actually mean using a nomad trial with a cloak for RP that is in no way related to nomads. A normundy-esque advanced cloak ship, or a ghost, or a neural net program virus, a base, so on.

RE: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - Spud - 01-22-2014

Just because my nomad tells you she's human doesn't mean she really is.

If you found me annoying, please tell me which char(s) you were on.

I'm willing to show my entire logs and discuss the logic or non logic of it.

My own impression was that my morph is found much less annoying and more entertaining than most other nomads. But of course everyone thinks that of their own RP.

p.s: I voted no in the poll.

RE: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - Remnant - 01-22-2014

Honestly, this is just plain stupid. It sounds like a few players merely want to get a game mechanic, which is 'cool' and with complete disregard to the lore behind the 'ship' they are using.

As you mentioned, it was quickly realized with the K'Hara, that roleplaying in 'general' while cloaked, is rather irritating. How another player would feel when text comes out of nowhere, isn't the most enjoyable experience.

I have not seen any of these people myself, however, and I have no ability to do anything about it. There isn't anything which can be done, unless this becomes enforced by the admins.

Until then? I suppose there could be worse things happening. Merely let it go.

Edit: Dispite of this, a lot of players try joining up with the Nomads because they look 'cool'. Quite a few haven't read the lore. On another note, denying players the ability to use the tech and ships isn't the best way to go about things either. Merely let them do as they like. After all, there's plenty of strange roleplay. As long as it's not official factions, sure.

RE: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - sindroms - 01-22-2014

I'd rather not disclose my characters, thank you. I saw you twice, I think. Both times there was NO indication you might have been a nomad. All you did was pthalk fnuhheh, use the prefix "Girl: Text text text text" and ask for people around you to give you vodka.

Again, I only saw you twice. I may be wrong. Perhaps you are doing something more than what I described above, but since you are one out of 3 people doing this, I will tell you that I for one think it is not the best of ideas.

I have no right to tell your RP is wrong. I do have a right to have my opinion on it.

(01-22-2014, 03:55 PM)sindroms Wrote: I'd rather not disclose my characters, thank you. I saw you twice, I think. Both times there was NO indication you might have been a nomad. All you did was pthalk fnuhheh, use the prefix "Girl: Text text text text" and ask for people around you to give you vodka.

There would have been quite a lot of indications that I was, if you had bothered to talk to me, and why I was talking like that, and why I was asking for gin (not vodka), and why I was telling people that I was a ghost.

I'll post my logs to explain the story of Spud. Will take some time to gather. Also some videos. Don't let it stop you from flaming meanwhile though.

RE: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - sindroms - 01-22-2014

I am keeping my tone very civil, thank you. I suggest you keep your own chair from igniting.
You decided to post here, I did not name any names. If you get flak from the community now that you did, it is all on your head.

I simply pointed out something I was concerned with, nothing more, nothing less.

Before I start gathering, I'd also like to know if you are the guy who named himself MrSpud and told me that you're a new player and that your parents called you that when I asked why he decided to steal my name.

(01-22-2014, 04:00 PM)sindroms Wrote: I am keeping my tone very civil, thank you. I suggest you keep your own chair from igniting.
You decided to post here, I did not name any names. If you get flak from the community now that you did, it is all on your head.

I simply pointed out something I was concerned with, nothing more, nothing less.

So far you're the only one from the "community" I got flak from. And you don't even want to tell me your char name.

RE: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - Haste - 01-22-2014

Well. Internal rules for the official Nomad factions - although I'm not sure about the Wilde - disallow local & system chat while cloaked to avoid any kind of trolling / abuse of the equipment.

Unfortunately, there are no such rules for anyone using indie / trial IDs.

And, uh. I don't know, Spud. I've seen you ingame a few times and your roleplay is.. Let's call it unusual.

You're awfully human for a blue telepathic space-squid that crawls into human bodies to control them in their spare time.

RE: Non-Nomad RP on Nomad Cloaked ships - Connor - 01-22-2014

I voted no on this because simply humans haven't developed and infinite cloak yet so it's kinda oorp in my eyes