Discovery Gaming Community
To: Independent Miners Guild HC - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Independent Miners Guild HC (/showthread.php?tid=111127)

To: Independent Miners Guild HC - Thunderer - 01-29-2014

- Incoming Transmission -

-= Very High Encryption =-

Priority: Very High
To: Independent Miners Guild High Command
Subject: Freeport One

[Image: eaps.png]
"Salutations, respected members of the Independent Miners Guild high command.
I am Admiral George Richard Hall, in service of Her Royal and Imperial Majesty, Carina I, by the Grace of her Forebears, Sovereign of the Realm of Greater Bretonia, Empress of Tau, of the Kingdom of the Near Omegas and of her other Realms and Territories Queen, Protector of the Independent Worlds of Magellan and Cortez, Defender of Justice, Head of the Order of the Bretonian Empire.
I am contacting you about matter that concerns Freeport One, a Zoner installation in Omega-3 system. The Zoners have already piled up three battleships around it, and some Corsairs were seen docking with it, maybe even staging attacks on your convoys from there. I have some proof, if you deem it needed.
They also looked exaggeratedly angry when we removed a Corsair Osiris inside the no-fire zone, which shouldn't even have been there by their own laws. I want to warn you that the Corsairs might be preparing something, and that they might have bribed the Zoners.
I would like your support, if what I fear of happens. Remember Omega-9!"

- Message Over -

RE: To: Independent Miners Guild HC - Jack_Henderson - 01-29-2014

[Image: jack.png]

**** SENDER: Jack Henderson, IMG Operations Coordination ****

**** TO: Admiral George Richard Hall ****

Honourable Admiral George Richard Hall,

I am Jack Henderson and I am responsible for Operations Coordination for the Independent Miners Guild. The Guild can confirm a steep rise in Corsair activity in Omega 3 especially and a general increase of lawlessness in Omegas and Cambridge. Today alone we had 3 heavily damaged ship after fights with Corsairs.

From your report and from our own observations, it seems that Freeport 1 may have become more than a place to peacefully meet and trade again. It would explain some of the more recent attacks against Guild vessels.

I would like to ask you for footage of the described transgressions because the Freeport Administrators have shown a tendency to act hostile towards the Guild when we took matters of security into our own hands in the past, even when the cases were more than clear.

The Guild is ready to do their part in Omega 3 and Cambridge and to assist the Bretonian Armed Forces in their efforts to push back Corsair incursions. The Guild also agrees that Corsair warships that use Freeport 1 to refuel and perhaps even rearm are far from what a Freeport can legally be used for.

In cases of such blatant abuse, I would also suggest you contact the Freeport Administrator, or, if you wish so, the Guild can do this. I could imagine that the Administrator also is working under duress when he has Corsair battleships at his Freeport, so we might actually be able to draw him on our side when we show him a way of how to get rid of what I assume he has to see as unwanted guests.

If the Administrator has not changed, the Guild should still have some good contacts that could make a solution easier, get the Freeport on our side and make the expulsion of the warships and their destruction easier. But that is your call.

Bomber wings have been put on stand-by to deal with Corsair attacks, and to respond to Bretonian calls for assistance immediately.

Admiral, you mentioned Omega 9 directly, so I'll be direct, too: The Guild would hope for Bretonia to convince Daumann Heavy Construction, that they are in no position to restrict traffic through the O9 jumphole in Omega 3. The Guild accepts the granted DHC exclusive mining rights, but we would find it disappointing if DHC could lock us from our operations in Omega 9 inside Bretonian space. They did that successfully in Omega 7 with the backing of Rheinland officials who want to see O9 as a Rheinland system already.

Anyway, politics aside and back to the task at hand: The Guild will support Bretonia against the Corsair threat, it is in our common best interest to keep these barbarians out of civilised space. Admiral, you can count on the Guild.
Jack Henderson
IMG Operations Coordination

[Image: end.png]