Discovery Gaming Community
Capital Armor and Gunboats - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Capital Armor and Gunboats (/showthread.php?tid=11115)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Capital Armor and Gunboats - RParade - 08-09-2008

I don't think Gunboats should be able to mount capital armor.

That is all.

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Doom - 08-09-2008

they are capital ships...so i think they should be able to mount them...

thats all

Capital Armor and Gunboats - frozen - 08-09-2008

I dont think this post deserves to be in mod balance.

that is all.

actually, no wait.

this is what flood does. it breaks up polar bear families.

[Image: san_francisco.jpg]

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Dusty Lens - 08-09-2008

The smallest gunboat, the Bount Hunter Gunship is too small to handle cap armor under 8. With 8 she's insane, without 8 she's very very very good. She relies more on size and maneuverability to evade fire.

Above that though gunboats need to be able to suck up some damage. A larger gunboat without cap armor is going to die very quickly at the hands of other caps in addition to bombers.

Cap armor is an investment on a gunboat that lends to her survivability but does not make her invulnerable.

I've squared off against plenty and never felt that a standard gunboat with cap armor is invulnerable.

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Reverend Del - 08-09-2008

Well isn't this nice? We going to get some discusion on this? I doubt it very much. But I'll persevere for a few more posts.

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Jinx - 08-09-2008

i m a bit torn about cap armour 8 ( i got utterly sick of trading when i got me one ) ... so on the one hand, i think whoever has it - deserves it. - on the other hand, it seems "reasonable" on a 750 million ship ( well, not reasonable , but as reasonable as is ) - while it "feels" somewhat wrong to slap it on a ship that costs only 18 million.

a gunboat without armour is still an awesome ship - like most capital ships ( except battleships ) it relies mostly on its 140k shield anyway, once the hull takes damage, the captain usually starts to panic a little. all in all, i think its no big deal. - if the enemy bomberpilot is lucky, it makes a difference indeed, but other than that, it just takes alightly longer with armour than without.

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Muleo - 08-09-2008

Gotta admit, it's kinda weird to have the same armor fit gunboats AND battleships :/

Would be nice to have gunboat class armour, cruiser class armor, battleship class armor etc. but again, not sure if that's quite necessary.

Have to say though, cap8 on a BH gunship is a bit ridiculous.

Capital Armor and Gunboats - ScornStar - 08-09-2008

' Wrote:Gotta admit, it's kinda weird to have the same armor fit gunboats AND battleships :/

Would be nice to have gunboat class armour, cruiser class armor, battleship class armor etc. but again, not sure if that's quite necessary.

Have to say though, cap8 on a BH gunship is a bit ridiculous.

Never saw that but, that would be insane. however I'll never have cap8 at least not for a Loooooooooooooong time. As it cost more than a battle ship. and cap 7 is very nice just it chokes out the cargo hold.

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Jihadjoe - 08-09-2008

I like the idea of more class specific armour. Fighter, GB, Cruiser, Battleship... It would make a lot more sense than the way we have it right now.

I use a fighter mk8 on my one and only GB, that means it can soak up a fair amount of damage... but when people break that shield I do start to worry about the SN's flying in...

Capital Armor and Gunboats - Drake - 08-09-2008

I think the real problem is with the BH gunship, not the capital ship armor.