Discovery Gaming Community
Liberty Navy [LN] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Liberty Navy [LN] (/showthread.php?tid=11128)

Liberty Navy [LN] - Inquisitor Gaunt - 01-20-2010

I was answering Dark_Fighter, and when you asked me "So what's it gonna' be?" My immediate next response was "And now, leaving." Maybe you should read these things a little more carefully, hmm?

Liberty Navy [LN] - Zeltak - 01-20-2010

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Anyways, I can't really say anything more about this as I have already tried twice explaining the situation.

Enjoy your seven-days ban.

Liberty Navy [LN] - Tales23 - 01-20-2010

You can sell stuff on the Forums as that's what most people do, and in the last screenshot the blanked out word is obviously a cuss.

Liberty Navy [LN] - Inquisitor Gaunt - 01-20-2010

Correct. I was angry, I snapped, I cussed. Once.

Liberty Navy [LN] - Zeltak - 01-20-2010

' Wrote:Now in group chat I have a screenshot of my own, prior to your death, ordering all those Navy men to stop firing at you in order to give you a second chance to pay the fine I was about to give you.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7076/firing.png

Liberty Navy [LN] - Jihadjoe - 01-21-2010

Well... Stuff happens.

You got attacked and lost your guns, well, I can understand why you're upset by that. Your reaction, both on the forum and in game is rather a frustrating one however.

In the various screenshots of the incident I've seen, Zeltak roleplayed his part very well, and upon noticing what the problem was, he issued the order to stop firing. I can't ask any more of him. He Roleplayed his character, he was considerate to you oorp needs (the onyx) as soon as he noticed. However, you still cursed your way into the sanction forum, and complained about it here.

That's a shame, it really is. I'm sure you have more class than that really.

Liberty Navy [LN] - schlurbi - 01-23-2010

I mostly defend the Liberty Navy, because I expect Roleplay and Fair Play. But now, especially recently I see the Fair Play fading away. With that, I mean the [LN] Side, not only the Independent one. It was good from Joe to call back the LABC yesterday or so, but I still have to say something negative.

Recently I see many People moaning and raging about Sarah.Willows, she mostly takes Part in already unfair Fights. Like the Omaha Incident when already four Independent Navys were shooting the already damaged Gunship and she still joins in.

Another thing was yesterday, I was already fighting a Bounty Hunter Gunship and the you People saw that I was suffering to it, but I was still attacked by a few [LN]. I knew what was going to happen, so I stopped fighting and tried to talk to them until I was hit by a Minirazor.

Today was actually pretty funny. Together with a Liberty Rogue Gunboat we were pirating in California, had massive fun in fair Fights. Had massive fun shooting at the re-engaging LABC and stuff. Until a [LN] Capital Ship arrived, good was that the Person playing it moved out of the Fight due to Lags. While we were shooting at several Fighters, Gunboats and the LABC three of the [LN]. All three in Fighters, with an additional Independent Trader, well I dont mind that you Guys suddenly appear and want to defend the LABC against one Bomber and a Gunship, but is it really needed to take the LABC and four Fighters to shoot at the Barghest? I didnt even last two Minutes and it dissappointed me. Please keep fights fair, and don't do such things again. That really destroyed all the Fun I had before.
Screenshot

Liberty Navy [LN] - Zeltak - 01-23-2010

' Wrote:Today was actually pretty funny. Together with a Liberty Rogue Gunboat we were pirating in California, had massive fun in fair Fights. Had massive fun shooting at the re-engaging LABC and stuff. Until a [LN] Capital Ship arrived, good was that the Person playing it moved out of the Fight due to Lags. While we were shooting at several Fighters, Gunboats and the LABC three of the [LN]. All three in Fighters, with an additional Independent Trader, well I dont mind that you Guys suddenly appear and want to defend the LABC against one Bomber and a Gunship, but is it really needed to take the LABC and four Fighters to shoot at the Barghest? I didnt even last two Minutes and it dissappointed me. Please keep fights fair, and don't do such things again. That really destroyed all the Fun I had before.
Screenshot

Seeing as I'm in that screenshot and event I want to defend myself.

Well, from my side of the story, I was fighting in the Colorado System being repeatedly called to aid from both independent Navy Players as well as a LABC [LN] member of our own. So me and Andy Dogget tried to hurry up in getting the Pirates in Colorado killed so I could head there and help them.

Along the way Sarah Willows pops out and I tell her to follow me and Andy. We arrive to California, there are about 6-8 of you, if I recall this correctly. However, your team were split up, two of you were on this SLICE guy, and the rest were fighting two/three Independent Navy Players, the same guys who told me to come there and help.

So from a "fair play" point of view, it was pretty damn fair, you were about 4-5 against three Navy guys, and a Bomber + a Gunboat against SLICE.

From a "tactical" point of view, we are now three newly arrived [LN] pilots who see two Pirate groups split up, so we start hitting the weak link and then after you two (The GB and the Bomber) had died, we would move our forces to the other side where the Main Pirate Group were located to assist the other Navy players. However that plan was aborted since the Main Pirate Group decided to leave due to what you called unfair game. I have a hard time deciding whether to agree with you or not.

Liberty Navy [LN] - schlurbi - 01-23-2010

' Wrote:Along the way Sarah Willows pops out and I tell her to follow me and Andy. We arrive to California, there are about 6-8 of you, if I recall this correctly. However, your team were split up, two of you were on this SLICE guy, and the rest were fighting two/three Independent Navy Players, the same guys who told me to come there and help.

Actually not really. There was me in a Barghest, Jameson in a Bayonet, a Gunboat and a Gunship. The second Barghest was as you arrived still far away, incoming to support us. And as you saw, we four were split up. It was only me and the Gunship against SLICE, the others were fighting against Mercenaries and other Fighters and Bombers. Then all of a sudden you four arrive and immediatly started shooting at me, as far as I know the Gunship wasnt under fire until I died.

Liberty Navy [LN] - Zeltak - 01-23-2010

' Wrote:Actually not really. There was me in a Barghest, Jameson in a Bayonet, a Gunboat and a Gunship. The second Barghest was as you arrived still far away, incoming to support us. And as you saw, we four were split up. It was only me and the Gunship against SLICE, the others were fighting against Mercenaries and other Fighters and Bombers. Then all of a sudden you four arrive and immediatly started shooting at me, as far as I know the Gunship wasnt under fire until I died.

Sorry for the late post.

Well the point I was trying to make was that in total (before we arrived), the sides were pretty even, (3 Navy Fighters and SLICE, right? Or did I miss someone?). But there must be a reason why they called us all the way from Colorado system to help them. So the initial thought we had was that they needed help and fast. And so once we reached the scene, I only saw two enemies, you and the Gunboat. I remember saying that they were only two and asked why they bothered to call us for help, then the [LN] LABC (Who by the way never participated in the battle) stated that the enemy team had been split in two.

So what conclusions did I draw?

Well first conclusion is that the threat is still active.
Second conclusion was that they still needed our help.
Third conclusion was that the enemy was split and I decided it would be a wise move to target the weakest link, get our Navy Ally (SLICE) to safety and then proceed to help the others.

Surely you can understand in the heat of the battle and the conclusions that I took held at least some shred of logic. Surely you can?

But perhaps you are right, perhaps it was an excessive use of force. It may have been like that in your perspective because you were the one getting four other Navy pilots at you, but would it seem less like a "gank" if we stumbled first onto the main Pirate Group?

Also, I admit that I assumed the enemy was alot more than the numbers you had given me, so if anyone is to be blamed it's me.

However, I do like to say one more thing. I understand you are perhaps frustrated and some of that frustration might have been still left when you wrote that post, so I do take that into account. But I feel it is very wrong of you to say that [LN] recently just ganks. Only this week have I in four separate occasions been personally responsible to stop an incoming gank made by lawfuls by just being present in a battle and ordering numerous Capital Ships as well as excessive use of force to be aborted. I'm not trying to brag just defend against your accusation. On my unlawful characters such as Red on Scanners, I have personally witnessed several [LN] members actively stopping people from jumping 6v1 or more on me.

In fact I daresay, we are almost the only lawful group in Liberty who is very active in keeping up with the spirit of sportsmanship and fairplay. Yes, sometimes we also do mistakes, surely there have been instances when the LR faction have been in the wrong, but do we judge them out of one or two bad incidents? Do we make general assumptions out of those few incidents and disregard everything else they have done? Now as we are talking about fairplay here, that to me sounds more like unfairplay, aye?