Discovery Gaming Community
To argue or not to argue... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: To argue or not to argue... (/showthread.php?tid=111583)

Pages: 1 2

To argue or not to argue... - .Gypsy. - 02-06-2014

...That is the question.

Is it worth arguing for something you want or like, or disagree with?

I'm starting to think not, but then the only ships I own are in two groups, Junkers and Zoners, they seemingly are the red headed step children of Disco (Gee, Lucky me, and pls not another zoner or junker battle here, just mentioning this for full discloser).

So is it worth it to argue for what you want for you? "Discussions" clearly get out of hand here, and its clearly NOT good for the site or community me thinks.

So, is it worth it to YOU to argue your point of view?

Look, my first poll Smile

RE: To argue or not to argue... - Jansen - 02-06-2014

Depends on what its about.

RE: To argue or not to argue... - Korny - 02-06-2014

IS THIS FLOOD OR WHAT

RE: To argue or not to argue... - Zuretz - 02-06-2014

(02-06-2014, 07:56 PM)Jansen Wrote: Depends on what its about.

Agreed, i tend to argue only when i have something that i think its usefull to say (well, i can be wrong on whats usefull sometimes, but the intention is good hehe).

But theres something else that sometimes is ignored, good and new ideas usually comes from arguing.
Of course, im talking here about the polite arguing, like the ones people do here on the forums (like of the thread about the CD on the Salvager for instance).

When you dont argue on something you know, have some knowlege or a usefull idea you can lose a good oportunity to change something for the better.

RE: To argue or not to argue... - .Gypsy. - 02-06-2014

I was actually surprised on that thread, how it didn't evolve into chaos, wish more threads were like that. As for what its about, I'm referring to allot of these heated topics where there are allot of strong opinions.

RE: To argue or not to argue... - Syf - 02-06-2014

I really tend to have no reason to argue sometimes.. so I put "Don't care either way".

Sometimes it manages to actually have some bloody good reason.

RE: To argue or not to argue... - NOVA-5 - 02-06-2014

Yes of course but the outcome depends on who's on the other end of the argument & the
powers they & their friends have to make the win lose or draw happen, right or wrong!

RE: To argue or not to argue... - Strichev - 02-06-2014

Always. If you believe in the cause, argue for it and do not have any qualms.

RE: To argue or not to argue... - larzac - 02-06-2014

Whine > Argue

RE: To argue or not to argue... - Thargoid - 02-06-2014

(02-06-2014, 08:11 PM)ShadowTek Wrote: I was actually surprised on that thread, how it didn't evolve into chaos, wish more threads were like that. As for what its about, I'm referring to allot of these heated topics where there are allot of strong opinions.

Nothing I enjoy reading more than arguments between highly opinionated individuals, especially when it starts getting out of hand.