Discovery Gaming Community
Coalition NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Coalition NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=11189)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Coalition NPC faction - Blodo - 08-12-2008

Seeing the way the feedback thread is going, I figure this oughta be posted.

At the present moment the SCRA is using the Xenos tag to be hostile to most like they properly should. This makes a lot of people go "WTF" when they see a regular battlegroup comprised of a "Xeno" Osiris and 4 fighters strolling around through Rheinland or Bretonia, not to mention there's a lot of questions about ZoI. That is until they can get close enough to actually scan for ID. All the bases in Omega-52 are tagged as Zoner guard, with traders constantly passing through it, people docking on Cape Verde (which is in RP a Coalition base) and arguing that they can dock because the base is Zoner. There is no way the NPCs in the system will ever shoot at anyone, since everyone is friendly to Zoners.

I think it just doesn't cut it really. The Phantoms got their NPC tag to prevent stuff like this happening, and I think the SCRA more than deserves one as well. There are new ships submitted for the Coalition players, possibly a new system as well. If the system is going to be tagged Zoner guard, it's not going to do it justice at all in my opinion.

Discuss.

Coalition NPC faction - bluntpencil2001 - 08-12-2008

Even if NPCs were mysteriously absent, a tag would answer our prayers, I believe.

Coalition NPC faction - Boss - 08-12-2008

12 votes, 12 yes's.

Coalition NPC faction - Drake - 08-12-2008

Makes sense to me.

With a Coalition ID (rather than a SCRA ID), and Coalition NPCs (rather than SCRA NPCs), and a unique Coalition shipline coming up, are there any plans to allow independent Coalition characters? No, I don't want to play one, I'm just curious.

' Wrote:Makes sense to me.

With a Coalition ID (rather than a SCRA ID), and Coalition NPCs (rather than SCRA NPCs), and a unique Coalition shipline coming up, are there any plans to allow independent Coalition characters? No, I don't want to play one, I'm just curious.

An interesting idea, but I'm not entirely sure, since I imagine such a reputation would require admin intervention similar to Wilde, Phantoms and Nomads.

I guess there would be some possibility, but I'm not sure it would be up to us one way or the other. We'd probably take an RM-like approach, to be honest, but would be open to suggestions.

Coalition NPC faction - Blodo - 08-12-2008

Well, considering the NPC faction would no doubt be hostile to all except a select few (possibly Zoners, Unioners and maybe Xenos), it's hard to say. It depends on whether Coalition rep would be influencable by missions and killing NPCs. If it would, then I figure non-faction players would be possible. If it wouldn't, then getting a Coalition tag would need an admin repfix and therefore it's unlikely there would be any non-faction players.

Coalition NPC faction - Koolmo - 08-12-2008

I don't know, the decision is above my pay grade. For my part as the Coalition faction leader, I'd prefer it if indie Coalition chars had to be cleared through both an Admin and hopefully the faction, with valid RP esured before any chars are made.

The ID, although fairly restrictive, is still capable of causing quite a problem if there were millions of them around, and my past experience with Indie coalition have been the succession of rather stupid people who don't speak english wanting to pirate in battleships. Seen it lots over the last few years, believe me...

As blunt said, even if there were no NPC's, simply having stations and PC ships tagged as Coalition would make much more sense to me than anything else. I would like NPC's, what I would NOT like is an entire series of systems, making the coalition into a house. One system is enough for me, thanks.

Coalition NPC faction - Drake - 08-12-2008

Yeah, the Coalition ID gives a bit more freedom in PvP than most other IDs, and it allows capships to boot. Not something you want everyone flying around in with no restrictions.

What is the Coalition/SCRA ZoI, anyway? I know they've raided as far as Liberty, once or twice, but do you generally stick to the southern parts of Sirius?

I think such questions would be better in the feedback thread, so this doesn't derail too fast, heheh.

Coalition NPC faction - Tenacity - 08-12-2008

' Wrote:An interesting idea, but I'm not entirely sure, since I imagine such a reputation would require admin intervention similar to Wilde, Phantoms and Nomads.

I guess there would be some possibility, but I'm not sure it would be up to us one way or the other. We'd probably take an RM-like approach, to be honest, but would be open to suggestions.

why would it require admin intervention? The coalition is a bit of a radical group, but their ID does state them as lawfuls, and other than house military/police they arent allowed to attack at will like phantoms, nomads, and wilde can.