Discovery Gaming Community
BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs (/showthread.php?tid=112126)

Pages: 1 2

BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Vulkhard Muller - 02-18-2014

Alright, so I was looking at the Tech Chart and realised something kind of confusing.
Bounty Hunter's Guild gets Liberty/Bretonia Lawful Tech at 90% while the respective lawfuls ( LPI/LN & BPA/BAF) get 75%. I am not understanding the roleplay as to why the armed forces of Liberty and Bretonia accept them using their tech at 90% when Bounty Hunter's won't let them use their tech at 90%.

Tl;dr: Why do Lib/Bret Lawfuls only get 75%. with BHG tech while BHG Get 90% with Lib/Bret Tech?

If you do not believe me here is a link to the tech chart for you to check for yourself.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Thexare - 02-18-2014

Diplomatic issues. If the Guild, which is supposed to be a neutral entity in House politics, were to be seen lending its technology to a war, that would comprimise its standing. There is no such diplomatic issue if local military tech is used in hunting criminals.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - McNeo - 02-18-2014

Better talk to the factions involved about that, instead of making ridiculous assumptions about the issue. If a traditionally Liberty-based organisation isn't willing to lend its equipment to Liberty, I don't expect Liberty to be forthcoming the other way around. Doesn't benefit them much to be so, nor does it benefit the BAF/BPA.

You could contest that it would benefit both to do so... but asymmetrical technerf problems aside, it's not really fair. If the Bounty Hunters Guild aren't willing to deal with the politics behind letting folks use their equipment, they should have to deal with the consequences of that policy in terms of retaliatory equipment policies from whichever factions they take that stance towards.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Vulkhard Muller - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:08 AM)McNeo Wrote: Better talk to the factions involved about that, instead of making ridiculous assumptions about the issue.

Erm Is that at me? Or at Thex? Cause I didn't make any assumptions..... I am basing everything in my post off the tech charts.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Thexare - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:08 AM)McNeo Wrote: Better talk to the factions involved about that, instead of making ridiculous assumptions about the issue.

If that last bit was directed at me, it's less a "ridiculous assumption" and more "logically extrapolating from the terms they've applied to literally every single deal I've ever seen them make", but ok

Edit: Post edit acknowledged. Makes no sense as a followup to the above quotation however.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - McNeo - 02-18-2014

No, it was to the people who made the ridiculous assumptions about the issue, possibly using the same reasoning Thexare was using, in order to justify an asymmetrical technerf decision.

This, instead of taking the evidence of how it played out ingame, which was something along the lines of "if we can't have your toys, you can't have ours."

Sorry if either of you were offended. That's not who my frustration on this issue among many others was directed at.

Either way, I thought the decision about the BHG technerfs were very unfair towards the houses more closely aligned towards them. My opinion generally is that asymmetrical technerfs should not exist as a thing.

And yes I have the habit of heavily editing my shorter posts...

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - mwerte - 02-18-2014

I thought the original idea was to encourage Military/Police factions to use their own gear. A noble goal, but I could be wrong.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Vulkhard Muller - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:14 AM)McNeo Wrote: Sorry if either of you were offended. That's not who my frustration on this issue among many others was directed at.

Either way, I thought the decision about the BHG technerfs were very unfair towards the houses more closely aligned towards them. My opinion generally is that asymmetrical technerfs should not exist as a thing.

And yes I have the habit of heavily editing my shorter posts...

Not a problem about the Editing.

was kinda caught off guard about the your first response but no sweat.

I agree though, If you can use my stuff why cannot I use your stuff?

Me and Thex were having a discussion in skype about a thought a few moments ago

Code:
[12:18:41 AM] Jake (Thexare): that said I think the best solution would be to keep the 75% for navies
[12:18:44 AM] Jake (Thexare): but give 90% for police
[12:19:11 AM | Edited 12:19:14 AM] Vulkhard Muller: even that it doesn't make sense. But it would be livable.
[12:19:25 AM] Jake (Thexare): well, if we're goign to say that my explanation *is* the reason
[12:19:33 AM] Jake (Thexare): police don't fight wars so it wouldn't be an issue for them to have it
[12:20:01 AM] Vulkhard Muller: True enough

as well as

[12:29:35 AM] Jake (Thexare): Might also propose giving the BHG a bigger nerf on the ships
[12:29:39 AM] Jake (Thexare): I was considering mentioning that myself
[12:30:08 AM] Jake (Thexare): so BHG gets 90% with the guns and 75% with the ships, Police get 90 with each, Navy keep 75 with each. It's as close to symmetrical as one can get while keeping the police/navy distinction

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Remilia Scarlet - 02-18-2014

Well, whatever the actual reason the hunters have no actual need in those green cells since they have own wide and perfect ship and weapon lines.

RE: BHG Tech Tech Nerfs - Flashâ„¢ - 02-18-2014

Ok...so if like Liberty uses BHG tech, to fight Rheinland. Rheinland will get mad at BHG, I get it. Now if BHG uses a Liberty Ship in Rheinland....wouldn't Rheinland kill BHG for using their enemies tech? So why not put it 75% both ways? I don't think Military would let their tech be used for Hunting :| Unless I missed out on something