Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? (/showthread.php?tid=112339)

Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - puppytaste - 02-22-2014

Well you've read the posts. So what do you think? Should Devs have absolute right to change vital ships and lore of official factions at a whim? Or should their be some kind of transparent and relevant discussion about it?

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Jack_Henderson - 02-22-2014

They can. They have done it in the past. And yes, it can hurt. But in the end, it is just a game and don't we have too much pixel credits anyway? You also get a new toy in return. Perhaps it is super-awesome?

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Spud - 02-22-2014

There were many many many transparent and relevant discussions to it.

But, yes, devs should be able to make changes that benefit gameplay, RP, lore, and realism, even if some players will lose hundreds of millions of credits from it. A hundred million credits can be made in a day here. In fact there are too many pwnzor ships existing, and too little trade going on to make more at the moment.

nd I'd rather have some people be forced to change their precious RP background than seeing crap RP all over the place all the time.

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - brianmccumber - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 06:50 PM)Spud Wrote: There were many many many transparent and relevant discussions to it.

But, yes, devs should be able to make changes that benefit gameplay, RP, lore, and realism, even if some players will lose hundreds of millions of credits from it. A hundred million credits can be made in a day here. And I'd rather have some people be forced to change their precious RP background than seeing crap RP all over the place all the time.

100 mil a day? More like in an hour.

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Spud - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 06:52 PM)brianmccumber Wrote: 100 mil a day? More like in an hour.

HOW???

PM me ur secretz!

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Lythrilux - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 06:47 PM)Dirk Danger Wrote: Well you've read the posts. So what do you think? Should Devs have absolute right to change vital ships and lore of official factions at a whim? Or should their be some kind of transparent and relevant discussion about it?

Wait a second. This thread is definitely related to the Zoner Cap redesign drama. However, I feel you're twisting things, as Jinx is not rewriting the lore. Rather, Jinx is trying to reestablish the Zoner one within the current Zoner ships.

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - RedEclipse - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 06:50 PM)Spud Wrote: benefit gameplay, RP, lore, and realism
How you would be sure it would benefit?

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - puppytaste - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 06:56 PM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 06:47 PM)Dirk Danger Wrote: Well you've read the posts. So what do you think? Should Devs have absolute right to change vital ships and lore of official factions at a whim? Or should their be some kind of transparent and relevant discussion about it?

Wait a second. This thread is definitely related to the Zoner Cap redesign drama. However, I feel you're twisting things, as Jinx is not rewriting the lore. Rather, Jinx is trying to reestablish the Zoner one within the current Zoner ships.

I don't think its a twist at all. Battleship to Colonyship to Non'exsistance is a pretty big jump in a few months IMO. And I dont even own a neph. Plus forcing a new model down my throat that looks uglyer than the 4.86 version w/o any say is pretty lame.

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Stefz - 02-22-2014

I was just wondering, why did they even waste time making new models for those ships if they're gonna delete them now?

RE: Poll: Much QQ about nothing? - Hawk - 02-22-2014

There are already two threads discussing this issue, plus a new discussion in the admin thread. I'm asking everyone to calm down for a bit. Make CALM and RATIONAL comments in the threads that already exist and please stop creating more discussions over this.