Discovery Gaming Community
Which jumpdrive for Geb? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Which jumpdrive for Geb? (/showthread.php?tid=112424)

Which jumpdrive for Geb? - Ponge - 02-24-2014

Hello.
I'd like to equip a jumpdrive on my Geb to use as emergency escape. Could someone advise which one should I use? Series 2 or Series 3 type? Will it fit and will I be able to have enough fuel for one jump if I equip a CAU6?

RE: Which jumpdrive for Geb? - Ponge - 02-24-2014

Bump?

RE: Which jumpdrive for Geb? - Connor - 02-24-2014

You can use them all if you want, provided you have enough cargo. I'm assuming you're wanting to solo jump? Use the Mk2 or 3 provided that you have 900 free cargo space + 420 (I think) more cargo space that's free for fuel. You can use mox of H fuel. Mox is more efficient and that needs 900 free cargo the the jd and another 380 free cargo space for Mox. Bear in mind that mox slowly dies over time at the rate of 1 every minute

RE: Which jumpdrive for Geb? - Mercarryn - 02-24-2014

So, I made some calculations for the cargo etc

Geb has 1.700 units of cargo. You have to take away:
  1. 100 units for the battleship shield
  2. 90 units for all the turrets
  3. 220 units for the CAU 6 armor
  4. 900 for either jumpdrive MK 2 or MK 3

That leaves you with 390 units of cargo space left for the fuel. Let's take a look at the fuel consumption for the MK 2 and MK 3 (info taken from this tutorial)

Jump Drive Module Series II
Needs 900 cargo space, single ship jump
Needs a minimum of 3,600,000 powercore to use (Battlecruiser class at least + Order Light Carrier)
Takes 60 seconds to /charge, consuming either of the following : 6 MOX/7 Oil/7 H-Fuel/8 Deuterium/8 Helium-3 per second.

Jump Drive Module Series III
Needs 900 cargo space, single ship jump
Minimum of 7,000,000 powercore required to use (Zoner Carrier, Rheiland Carrier, Osiris, Dragon Battleship, Bounty Hunter Battleship are the minimum required)
Takes 30 seconds to /charge, using either of the following : 12 MOX/14 Oil/14 H-Fuel/16 Deuterium/16 Helium-3 per second.

So, considering the fact that order bases offer h-fuel we should take this as primary jumpdrive fuel.

MK2:
7 h-fuel/second x 60 seconds to charge: 420 units of cargo space needed + a few more for the time where the jumpdrive is activated

MK 3
14 h-fuel/second x 30 seconds to charge: 420 units of cargo space needed + a few more for the time where the jumpdrive is activated

Well, h-fuel would not work for a CAU-6 Geb + MK2 or MK3 jumpdrive. Only MOX. And as Snoopyman said, Mox is perishable.

*EDIT*
Uh, mistook the amount of cargo on the Geb to be 1.800 units *facepalm*

tl;dr: Yeah, both jumpdrives would work with a CAU6 Geb. To my mind even a CAU7 might at least work with the MK 2, not sure about MK3 as the consumption between fully charged and where you jump needs also to be counted.

RE: Which jumpdrive for Geb? - .Gypsy. - 02-24-2014

Well, lets see:

Geb cargo: 1,700 units 7,000,000 powercore
CAU: 220 cargo

Jumpdrive: You can use any JD you want, you have enough power.

JD II and III: both take 900 cargo space so

1120 cargo with JD and CAU VI

Leaves you with: 580 cargo for fuel..

JD II takes 60 seconds to charge: space for fuel needed: 6 per second = 360 cargo (MOX)
JD III takes 30 seconds to charge: space for fuel needed: 12 per second = 360 (MOX)

Total cargo needed = 1480
Left for weapons = 220

If I calculated that right...

edit:
DOH! Ninja'd Twice

RE: Which jumpdrive for Geb? - Ponge - 02-25-2014

Well, I was more concerned about the power core requirement. If they are quite the same (in fuel consumption and ship core compatibility), it sounds logical to use the Series3 as it charges up twice as fast.

Thank you for the help.