Discovery Gaming Community
To: The administration of Freeport 101 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The administration of Freeport 101 (/showthread.php?tid=112528)

To: The administration of Freeport 101 - Karst - 02-26-2014

-incoming transmission-
-source: Bronze.Swan-
-subject: Freeport-

Good day to whoever may receive this message. My name is Clarice Furukawa, and I'm the captain of the Bronze Swan, a Ryuujin-class transport.
I work as a subcontractor of Samura Industries, though I don't represent the company as a whole, of course.
That aside, my parent company has always been ambitious, seizing opportunities we find far beyond the operational limits of less expansive so-called corporations.
Our philosophy, as far as I can speak about it as a non-affiliated pilot, has been to integrate all aspects of expansion - exploration, settlement, industry, and defense, as can be seen in Nagano or Sigma-17.
No need to go off on a tangent though. I'm contacting you today because on a recent visit to Omega-11, looking for a good diamond purchase as I often do, I got into a conversation on Solarius' bar and heard about a base in a neighboring system - your base.
Naturally, I immediately set out to find that place, as friendly stops in the southern Omegas are generally both rare and excellent places for good business.

I arrived at the Freeport and disappointingly, docking permission wasn't granted.
As I'm quite active in the region and very much interested in finding new places to find business, I would like to inquire about the details on your station.
What it would take to gain docking permission and, should I be afforded that, what your station needs and what it sells. I would be a fool not to take interest in what could be a superb location for edge world traders to do their business.

Anyway, I suppose there's no need to overwhelm you unnecessarily with my banter. I look forward to your reply.

With all due respect, Clarice Furukawa
Captain of the Bronze Swan

-end transmission-

RE: To: The administration of Freeport 101 - Eduard - 02-27-2014

[Image: No2J7m1.png]

My most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you must have suffered thanks to the fact that the Babylonian gates, or more precisely put, mooring points didn't open for you.

I hope you may exert a little empathy when in my defense, I would explain you that in such a volatile space as Omega-9, especially pried by House law enforcers, we would be particularly meticulous in reserving our intimacy. Certainly, I am not implying that we would indulge ourselves with the mischief of unlawfulness, but risking to be fraternized with the House police agencies is something we do not aspire for. After all, the possibility of such plebeians to stain our reputation is unacceptable.

But I digress...

Before we may drown ourselves with the trivialities of a skilfully erected proposition, I would like to inquire you about the Samura itself, a brief history if you may, or perhaps, a brief explanation of its modus operandi?
Furthermore, how would you rank your affinity towards the Houses and their governing laws which are nothing but horrendous epitomes of passiveness destined to hinder one's potential and enterprising might? The Commonwealth, like most other organizations is a congregation of solitudinarians who live outside of the Houses' veils and their touches, and we have a different set of laws... Common Sense would they be named.

I hope you understand you are just as alien to us as we are to you, madame. What does the Samura think of the possibilities that a no-man's land would yield?

Think of it as nothing but an exchange of trivialities, s'il vous plait.

Yours sincerely,
Robert d'Autoine
Exalted and elegant Head Councilor of the undoubtedly exquisite and overtly finespun Commonwealth

[Image: MF7w7K1.png]

RE: To: The administration of Freeport 101 - Karst - 02-27-2014

-incoming transmission-
-source: Bronze.Swan-
-subject: Freeport-

Good day to you, Mr d'Autoine, and first of all I must express my gratitude for your timely and unexpectedly elaborate reply. I hope I can address all your points in a satisfactory manner.

Your insistence on carefully maintaining what you call intimacy is something I not only respect, but admire. It's my firm conviction that business should be something done between those entering the partnership of a business transaction, and between them only.
Though I am only half Kusarian, that is the sort of business philosophy I strongly associate with that house, which brings me to the next point.
I must mention again that as I operate as a mere outside subcontractor, these views I am about to express are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Samura Heavy Industries as a whole. Nevertheless, I believe I'm in a reasonably good position to explain some basics about the company.

If the company can be summarized in a single word, I would choose independence. This is not to be understood as acting without regards to the outside, but rather that the company does things in their own fashion, and will ensure that things remain that way.
It is a result of its very long history, which spans almost the entirety of the Sirius settlement period as well as its wide range of activities which, similarly, leave few sectors unexplored.
Because of this variety of integrated branches of Samura's activity, which we have maintained all these centuries, we have become rightly confident in the way we work.
As such, I myself at least, but I daresay my parent company in general, feel that business conducted by professionals is best left to them. After all, the Houses and their laws are inherently unstable, as the structures that govern them inevitably suffer from the natural behavior of our race when faced with concentration of power.
The agreement between consenting partners of business however is something equally valid throughout the ages, in fact I would say it's an inherently just thing, I might even say beautiful.

The no-mans land you inhabit is the ideal backdrop for this.
A perfect empty canvas on which we can paint commercial artistry with the brush of business, unblemished by the oily stains of outside meddling.

I hope this addresses your understandable concerns in a satisfactory manner for the time being. I'll be perfectly happy to elaborate more on any particular point.
With all due respect, Clarice Furukawa
Captain of the Bronze Swan

-end transmission-

RE: To: The administration of Freeport 101 - Eduard - 04-06-2014

[Image: No2J7m1.png]

Bonjour, again.

Your words are convincing, dare I say. As a matter of fact, I would like to tell that the Commonwealth would hereby enjoy to profess to the opportunity of conducting business with an individual of your astute potential.

But, I must ask, what are your relations or connections with the Rheinland Government? Actually, they do not matter, for it is with dire, irrefutable certainty that you will not stain and risk to put an end to a fattening proposition.

The Commonwealth has started to use the certain Freeport 101 as a stockpile point for Blood Diamonds. We believe that you may find great profit in them.

We are willing to negotiate starting at the price of 3000 credits per unit. What do you say, madame?

And, if you'd permit the inquiry, I would like to know of any profitable selling ventures for these commodities. I am sure you will run into them sooner or later, should you accept this proposition, and I would like to know about them as well.

Yours sincerely,
Robert d'Autoine
Exalted and elegant Head Councilor of the undoubtedly exquisite and overtly finespun Commonwealth

[Image: MF7w7K1.png]