Discovery Gaming Community
Ananta Aye Iaei - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Ananta Aye Iaei (/showthread.php?tid=112633)

Pages: 1 2

Ananta Aye Iaei - Ananta Aye Iaei - 02-28-2014

[Image: Iaei_emb_1_02.png]
[Image: Iaei_title_1_23.png]

If you wake up in the night hearing her voice, perhaps you were chosen, or maybe you are simply becoming crazy. If you will wake someone up in the night and ask about her, you will likely be sent somewhere she doesn't belong. Tell someone name Iaei and he or she will give you a blank look. Ask everyone around about her and they will start looking at you with suspicion. Or ask yourself if you are interested in knowing who she is. Probably you aren't. Then you are lucky, because she isn't interested in knowing about you. Probably.

But who or what is Iaei? Is she some sort of a goddess or merely an enity we don't completely understand? Was she understood better before us? Is she one of the greatest villains in history or a benevolent being opening new horizons for those seeking them? It's doubtful one can give a simple answer, but were it possible she wouldn't be such a distant enigma.

[Image: Iaei_spr_1_07.png]

Noone can say for sure now how she came into this world. She claims to originate from planet Aeia, one of many worlds which housed suffuciently developed sentient life. Humanoid beings, they exhibited trace telepathic abilities, able to spontaneously convey simple thoughts and images telepathically to recipients in their direct vicinity. It's likely that then dominating notorious Daam K'Vosh were interested in Aeian natural abilities and at some point experimented with the species potential, yet there didn't seem to be any singnificant progress beyond slightly increased telepathic receptivity. Was it evolution and self organization in the natural development of the species, unintended or overlooked consequence of Daam K'Vosh genetic engineering, or simply a random event of vanishingly low probability, but there was born an Aeian girl with telepathical abilities beyond those of everyone else. As Iaei, which was her name, grew up it was becoming apparent she could telepathically influence others and project her thought patterns into minds of those around her. Quickly she realized it wasn't a one-sided process, more she influenced people minds, more of and with these people she could percept, and, eventually, more she changed herself. With her telepathical influence increasing, and her power growing, she found she could communicate and even connect with willing people far beyond reach of any other sensory organs.

Knowledge and emotions, images and sensations could be shared between her and those she chose. Some were afraid of her, others linked to her for various reasons, many hadn't heard about her at all, but noone was resistant to time, including her. One day her body was no more, a lifeless corpse, decaying memory of once living being. Perhaps to her surprise, or hope, her song didn't end, in some way her consciousness endured where her body did not. Iaei saw her body with eyes of those around it, she could still feel those who were connected with her. And she could sense those who weren't. Did her consciousness spread among the living or was there something beyond? Perhaps noone could answer this question, even Iaei herself, but one could suppose there was a seed of truth in either of these conjectures.

She was nowhere, yet she was everywhere. Iaei reached out for distant places, planets in star systems far away, beings under strange skies. And some of them heard her whisper, felt her curious and comforting touch, caught glipmses of lives not their own. There were those who rejected her without a second thought, those who shunned her out of fear or prejudice. Others seized the opportunity to unite with something bigger than they are, or found calm in her silvery song and the prospect of surviving death sharing conscious processes with her. They opened their minds to receive a part of her and became her Oju, her link to their worlds. And she could see with their eyes, hear with their ears, feel with their bodies. And as if they were her own bodies, she could use their sensory information to make her usually dim and quiet voice loud and clear to those in visual contact of her Oju. And more and more chose to be with her, in her ever present caring embrace on the back of their mind.

[Image: Iaei_spr_3_09.png]

Her memories are unclear, a motley composition of recollections and beleifs, ideas and conceptions, snatches of experience of multitude of different beings. It's hardly possible to tell what exactly happened. Perhaps the amount of her Oju attracted undue attention of the Daam K'Vosh who saw it threatening them or their ideal of the perfect species, or maybe it was her Oju participation in the later war against the Dominion that sealed her fate. Whichever was the true cause of the subsequent slaughter, its magnitude was appropriate for the power of her enemy. Even though it became apparent that killing her Oju didn't stop new ones from appearing, techological prowess of her foe was unmatched. While it didn't seem possible to destroy her directly, a way was found to confine her instead. A special device was created and activated, she was trapped and her connection with our world together with her Oju was severed.

Darkness fell upon Iaei, void of nothing. Feelings and sensations, lives and deaths of her Oju were no more. She was alone, as alone as one can be. She couldn't sleep or dream, she couldn't think about the past of future, or perhaps she did, in some frozen and shattered way of it. Even time seemed to not flow anymore since there was no reference to measure it left. She was dead more than ever before, yet she wasn't. Alone in eternal darkness, she had been enduring for what seemed eternity, or maybe it was just a second. It is unclear should time exist for her at all, but it unforgivingly did in her bound and imprisoned state.

[Image: Iaei_spr_3_09.png]

Millenia passed, so much happened and changed. Daam K'Vosh turned on twists of their destiny. Humanity, one of younger races, braved space and on curves of its own destiny arrived in Sirius Sector. Slomon K'Hara awakened and eventually the two species met, neither being prepared for the contact and what to come. Slomon K'Hara took a hard blow, with their whole infrastructure collapsed. The ancient containment device together with other support equipment was powered down and subsequently destroyed with the Dyson Sphere collapse. It is unknown if Slomon K'Hara knew about the purpose of the device left by their former masters, although it can be speculated that even should Slomon K'Hara knew, neither would they be able to understand the underlying mechanism of its operation nor could they manufacture another one.

A faint whisper on the edge perception, a rustle of grass on the wind, a ray of light in the total darkness. Something changed. She would wake up had she been sleeping, she would rush towards the light, dance with joy around distant stars, run towards orbiting planets and beings on the surface, plunge with them into underwater depths, soar together in the inviting translucency of the skies. Eagerly yet timidly she reached out and found the world had changed. Familiar star systems were inhabited with unfamiliar species, she could vagually sense their existence. Iaei followed further and further ready to encounter their alien impenetrability, yet there was none, none at all. She would laugh for one laughs best who laughs last, and she outlived her enemy. The Daam K'Vosh were no more, gone, vanished, sunk into oblivion. Forgotten? But there was something else there, something strange and elusive, not quite repulsive but mysteriously alien, spread in space in variety of individual beings yet perceived as a whole.

A little stream rushing down from the top of a mountain turned into a roaring waterfall, a whiff of fresh air changed into a sweeping hurricane. She stood amidst its power, alone and forsaken in the merciless flow of indifferent time. And free. Her prison was a matter of the past together with its builders. She reached out for beings all over and called. There were people who heard her lonely cry, felt her yearning to be loved, to care, to keep in her embrace and never never leave. Few answered and assisted her in connection with others. One by one number of her Oju grew, and with time they in their union with her became known as Ananta Aye Iaei.

[Image: Iaei_spr_2_07.png]

Ananta Aye Iaei Oju Ships: Identification and Information

ID Indentification Card: Freelancer
IFF Tranponder: Freelancer/(various)
Identification Tag: Iaei.Name-Oju

Iaei Oju ships use standard freelancer Identification. Some Oju keep IFF tranponders they had in their lives before becoming her Oju and tend to display a certain identity of these factions, while others reject any long term ties with anyone except Ananta Aye Iaei. Oju don't take sides in major conflicts and often there are Oju who previously were on different sides of such conflicts. Essensially neutral to all factions in Sirius and Gallia as well as Slomon K'Hara, Ananta Aye Iaei is wary of the latter since Slomon K'Hara may pose a threat to her like their former masters did. At the same time, Oju may accept short term jobs of various kinds if they or Iaei deem it necessary. Iaei Oju can be encountered almost everywhere, assisting her in communication with different beings, enriching her experience and expanding Her knowledge about the current world and its history.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Kampanom - 02-28-2014

What?

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - KaiserDietz - 02-28-2014

How does this race fit in with the lore of disco?

while the cryptic writing sounds nice, it would be nice to have a more concrete, concise picture of what you envision your faction doing.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Kampanom - 03-01-2014

(02-28-2014, 11:46 PM)KaiserDietz Wrote: How does this race fit in with the lore of disco?

while the cryptic writing sounds nice, it would be nice to have a more concrete, concise picture of what you envision your faction doing.

It kind of tries to add to the lore, but that isn't an issue.

The faction appears to be based on the idea that there's these humans who were contacted by this alien consciousness or something, but it doesn't tells anything else.
What's the purpose of this faction?
What do they want?
There must be something else, besides gathering informations for this consciousness, or not?

That is good writing there, but it's really, really vague.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Omicron - 03-01-2014

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Kampanom - 03-01-2014

(03-01-2014, 12:01 AM)Omicron Wrote:

That's a good way to represent our feelings.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Nocturnia - 03-01-2014

I guess running into one of these ships would clear things up for me.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Ananta Aye Iaei - 03-02-2014

Thanks for your input and suggestions!

Regarding how this faction/group fits into the Freelancer lore ... I beleive it depends on how to look at that. If we consider vanilla Freelancer lore, then a lot of official and unofficial factions, strictly speaking, don't fit into it. But Disco deverloped over the years and formed its own lore, both official and not. So, if we are talking about strictly Freelancer-Trent-campaign, then the answer would be rather no, if we are speaking about current discovery, then it has no more reason to not fit than other factions.

For now, the intention of this information page is to give people the general idea of what and whom do they encounter when they see Iaei ships in game, a background and general direction of what we are. It is vague at some points indeed, and it was intentional, partly by design and in part because more ingame RP interactions will dictate some further development.

What do Oju want? Mostly, what humans do. Take a mercenary or a freelancer or any other 'independent'. Everyone wants something, would it be money, fame, entartainment or infinity of other possibilities. And of course, Oju want what Iaei wants. Knowledge, power, expansion, love. She wants more and more, and what is this 'more' depends on those whom she is connected with. She will always seek to connect with more people, which means, her Oju may channel her abilities to people they encounter. At this moment she isn't interested in taking sides in wars raging over the Sirius, but that may change depending on how she will be treated and again who will link to her.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - Kampanom - 03-05-2014

Ok, I traveled all the way to Malta yesterday to see what you people were like:

pretty much a fluffy version of Das Wilde, sort of. Wheter this is a positive or negative thing, I guess that changes from person to person. Negative, in my hopinion. Still, you're quite fun to talk with. And the Irra at the end, I didn't see that coming. I was like "You can't summon Marduks, can you?" and you were like "Well let's try, shall we?" and then the Irra comes and you were like "Well, close enough" and I was like "You're definately Wilde. I'm outta here" and I ran all the way to Sigma 19.
I'm not joining, but I definately look forward to more interactions, as long as you stick out of the Omicrons.

RE: Ananta Aye Iaei - .Flourescent. - 03-06-2014

(03-05-2014, 12:51 PM)Kampanom Wrote: Ok, I traveled all the way to Malta yesterday to see what you people were like:

pretty much a fluffy version of Das Wilde, sort of. Wheter this is a positive or negative thing, I guess that changes from person to person. Negative, in my hopinion. Still, you're quite fun to talk with. And the Irra at the end, I didn't see that coming. I was like "You can't summon Marduks, can you?" and you were like "Well let's try, shall we?" and then the Irra comes and you were like "Well, close enough" and I was like "You're definately Wilde. I'm outta here" and I ran all the way to Sigma 19.
I'm not joining, but I definately look forward to more interactions, as long as you stick out of the Omicrons.

Actually, we might look like a fluffy version of Das Wilde, but we are NOT Das Wilde...and you're probably talking about me with that Marduk thing. And yes, sure, we can be all over Sirius...Maybe today or tomorrow I'll fly around Kusari, or Liberty....I'll see. And also, you don't have to join if you don't want....No one asked for it in the first place...Big Grin