Discovery Gaming Community
remove regens - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: remove regens (/showthread.php?tid=112817)

Pages: 1 2

remove regens - Xylo - 03-05-2014

I'm for reducing nanbot and shield battery capacity to all ships larger than bomber to 0.

No, I didn't lose any fights because of it.

I've used it many times for my own benefit.

Still think it should be removed, because botpassing is a stupid game mechanic.

Instead, add more docking module slots to carriers, like 12 per ship or so, and make it possible to dock while ship is moving. Well prepared ship-swaps with carriers instead of botpassing from any ol' cap for the win.

RE: remove regens - Remilia Scarlet - 03-05-2014

That's oldi idea but still get's 'yay' from my end. Repairs on caps and repair ships are the things that should not exist in the first place. Leave bots and bats on fighters, bombers and freighters only and lower their amount by approx 30%. Capships and transports must get just a lil slight buff to their hull armor in return so the effect of armor upgrade won't skyrocket their hull armor.

RE: remove regens - rt2 - 03-05-2014

So I am guessing cap-ships would use bots and bats as commodities?

Would be handy as there is always lots of bats/bots lying all over the place. Smile
Also missiles and mines?

RE: remove regens - sindroms - 03-05-2014

I'd rather have them act in a delayed manner. Slowly regenerating your hull over time, rather than instantly ''bot up'' so to speak.

RE: remove regens - Remilia Scarlet - 03-05-2014

Sorry guys, but in either way we're not getting a normal changes - we're getting shitty POBs instead. So I'd not expect anything coming from this discussion anyway.

Just saying.

On slow regening: Well, Sindy, I'm not sure it's actually possible while it's logical. Maybe some kind of effect of positive radiation damage or something. There is certainly a mechanism for a hull degradation so, maybe, it can be reversed somehow.

But still, I doubt we'll get it - rather some wondercrap like POBs or system mess again.

RE: remove regens - Valrin - 03-05-2014

Heeeey look...it's another one of these threads, haven't seen one in a while...

I don't think bots/bats should get removed. I mean if a BS shows up to a snub fight....why are you still there?
I'm starting to think people that want them gone, are really just tired of not getting a blue...or are to stubborn to run and dock...

Ether way, that's just what I think...

RE: remove regens - HuggieSunrise - 03-05-2014

this sort of change would need to be part of a larger restructuring of how the pvp works. Like the star wars mod changed its flight system. itano circus. and a few others.

RE: remove regens - Scribbley - 03-05-2014

I know this will be a super unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see bats and bots go away entirely for all ships of any kind. All they do is needlessly extend engagements.

RE: remove regens - Bulldog. - 03-05-2014

These posts has to stop..Use search and see if there has been posted about it or not dont just go and open a new thread.

Removing them from caps will anger the people that wants "better"Caps coz then your once again making them weaker..

Adding or removing bots makes no difference to me.If you cant win with them,you cant win without them.So it makes no sense to me to remove them.Passing of bots is a tactic in its own way.If your alone thats your problem.If its gone what are you going to want to remove next?Shield?Armour?
Plus docking modules wont really change your caps outcome in a fight.And even now its usage is limited to only those who know how to use it properly.

So its a No from me just leave it as it is and just play the damn game...

RE: remove regens - roadrunner - 03-05-2014

If bats and bots gets removed. Then the damage done by gasclouds and Radiation should allso get a nerf with around 75-85%.