Discovery Gaming Community
The Meeting - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Meeting (/showthread.php?tid=112945)

Pages: 1 2

The Meeting - King Owl - 03-08-2014

The new office of Pierre has been refurnished and prepared for the gents meeting.Meenwhile on the other side of Axios Pierre was getting everyting ready for the meeting.All the drinks , the crystal glasses and the five chesse.

*Lucie ca you please put these glases on the table in my office and as well put this bottle to get a bit colder, so we can serve the gentelmans with some nice and cold vine, untill later we will open a champagnie*

*Yes monseur , we will have all done, so even the Kusarian ladys have arrive, and theya re in the best shape..*

*Ok..Take care of them..Lucie i am so proud of you.I will make you my help and my friend... Now if you exuce me i will go put the nice and black suit i have ought from our small trip to Brugundy.*

*Monseur i've ironed myself..*

*What a nice lady you are*

And makeing it's wat througt the corridores towards his room to get changed up , he was watig for it's guests to arrive

RE: The Meeting - Enkidu - 03-08-2014

Achille stalked through the double doors with the comparative comfort of a Marxist/Leninist at a Patriot’s convention, and stared sullenly at the brie; settling himself (without invitation) into a seat of such a stale, squeaking black that a fetishist would have felt quite at home in such an environ. After all, there was something rapaciously wrong about being the guest of an employee – it ruined the dynamism of the relationship. Plus, the interior design of the ‘Axios’ bore a glaring, futuristic monochrome against which Achille’s conventionalised eyes protested.

“…Keep panic in its cage now; it’s his brother, not his Doberman.”
His mind mollified, hands busying themselves with the buttering of a cracker, again, without invitation.

Ah, but the smile wouldn’t fail him. “…So, it appears we have outpaced him, eh?” Achille, true to form, grinned; carrying off a light, unhalting tone with the air of those truly practiced charmers that earn all of the sales commissions.

“…Perhaps you should, well, provide him with a proverbial poke, no, to hurry him along?”

RE: The Meeting - King Owl - 03-09-2014

After he has get the new texudo on he has redirected himself to the office..While he was walking down the whithe corridors he was right in front of the door of the office and then he spoted Achile sitting there and eating the cheese before anybody else:

*Achile monseur drop the chesse now..Don't be rude*Shouted he

And with a glance of an eye he went next to Achile and gaved his hand forward for a handshake...

*Bonjour Achile he cheesse robber*

RE: The Meeting - Enkidu - 03-09-2014

“…Mer… ah, morning ami! Indeed you are rapid, Pierre. Quite uncannily so…” He burbled, nudging the plate to a more innocent distance. “…Well, bonjour, Pierre, the, ah... well. A fine friend, to be sure....

...So my comrade, where lies your brother, and, ah..."

"....It would be benign to consult a crew chief over the continued maintenance of the ship's inertial shock restrictors, Nuit. The vessel appears to vibrating in the most un-Einsteinian manner! Do hit the restrictors."

He started to laught when the ship sharted to shake... And said:

*Good mon ami..Look at the windoew and tell me what you see.*

RE: The Meeting - Enkidu - 03-09-2014

“…Dieu damn this man; what is this impertinent rattle he has dragged me into?” Achille’s shivering brain declaimed as he dragged himself from his chair, teeth oscillating too intensely to shoot a retort, legs quivering as springs; a poor suspension that didn’t prevent his entire skeletal structure from vibrating like a sexual implement and the cheese from executing a merry jig around the tabletop.

Beyond the thin, gauze-esque layers of the porthole’s silicates and the invisible trace of the surrounding hardfield that wrapped the station’s fragile frame as a hand to a glove, a streaming, broiling glow of turbulent vapour trails seared the space, jackhammering the ZXBT back and forth in its mooring fixture with a cyclone of blows. Over Sylvania, the dome’s sun guards had locked heavily down, metamorphosing The Jewel of the Taus into an unsightly, angular blot with a singular, convalescing action preventing all of the pundits held within from being stewed by the extreme heat into a fine, crimson paste before a drink could be dropped. Outside, a squadron of ospreys wheeled drunkenly from a hangar, spurred grimly onward towards the interloper as intensely as their thrusters could muster, shields flashing through the spectrums as they cut against the tumult.

“Engine wash.” Achille noted, mouth sealed and thin as he imagined proximity alarms discharging all over the station, and prayed to whatever nonexistential deity happened to be listening at the time that the perpetrator hadn’t clipped anything. “…God, but she must be huge!” He seethed, sprinting trippingly to the far side of the flying bridge, contemplating all the innumerable savageries he would inflict upon Monsieur Orsini if the originator of this transgression bore anything resembling a Maltese Cross.

He stopped, poleaxed by enormity. Beyond the starboard bow and drifting into obscurity behind the Freeport’s central spine, loomed a monster of a stern, a sheer, white cliff-face of a warship that vomited fire as it cruised bullishly past, flashing its mountainous broadsides, slit-windows slicing between the ablated skin of this titan, nozzles spewing exhaust gasses with the same nonchalant expenditure with which a human treats air. But what had fixed his eyes so, was not the craft itself, but the gilded, topaz football pitch of a Fleur-de-lis that adorned its side with a rude disdain.

A kaleidoscopic of fevered pineal contemplations ran through his mind, as the Burgundian deliberated exactly what offence he had committed against the kingdom of the One True Monarch, closed his eyes and counted the seconds. When he opened them again to find himself entirely under-dead, Achille, taking the route of action most traditional to a confused (and more than slightly concussed) leader; wheeled on his subordinate.

“Why??!” He screamed, as the quivering died.

Laughting at Achile shaking like a jelly said:

*Your legs mon ami are shaking like a jelly .Don't be scared my brother just arrived..And if you wonder what is he flying go to the right windoe and look above Sylvania .*

The he pressed a button and form the ground came two chairs and a bigger table ... :

*Please take a seat my friends and let'e wait untill my brother arrives*

Then the white door opened and there in the large room near the door was a man , a tall longed hair men wearing a white shirt beneath a black suit.

*Bonjour monseurs, i shall introduce myself....Teodore Ciel brother and scientis.Eager to meet..

Then he gets near the to men, hugs his brother and draws his hand forward to handshake Achile

RE: The Meeting - Enkidu - 03-11-2014

Achille gawped at the giant, and the tower gazed laconically back, grinning against Achille’s apprehension.

“…A Gallic Royal Navy Officer – this man?” His mind stiffly stuttered as he edged into the retreat of his seat. “No. Impossible – he’s as bohemian in aesthetic as a Marseille native is stoned.” The Burgundian's brain intoned, eyes locked to his counterpart's chest. "His hair… unkempt to the point of being entirely absent of any iota of kemptness - where is the regulative trims, the sense of ceremony, the elitist pomp befitting those superior vassals of the Master Kingdom? And his attire…" Achille's interior monologue shattered slightly as he realised he was salivating slightly, an act he covered with a sudden pinch of the cheeks. "…They bear more resemblance to that of a nouveau Parisian performance artist than that of a gentleman bearing the look of eagles. Or a a rock star. Or a student. Or a Council operative". The general carpeting of body hair barely aided the effect.

Within the back of Achille's mind, innumerable grey cells struggled to connect this sizeable scarecrow to the great, grey mass of the external super dreadnaught, before failing utterly. With a final, submissive gasp, Nadeau let his head loll upon the headrest.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mons… Sir, Mr Ceil. do take a cheese and occupy a seat, in whichever order you prefer." Nadeau proffered, proffering the lighter of the two articles.

"…Now ami, you claim to be a scientist… and, despite your jocular sibling's merry (but no doubt untrue) insinuation that you are, in fact, the commander of that warship that has just buzzed the Freeport main, in which field do you work? What is your department of study?"

RE: The Meeting - King Owl - 03-11-2014

The man which presented was indeed some kind of human paradox..He was nothing like and exemplary Naval Cptain , nor some science intiate. Thus his mind was processing so many inforamtion while Monseur a Nadeau was talking ...

*Monseur Achile , you can stick to a formal and rather trivial converation , with , well we are between friends , aren't we ?* And the he took a seat on the middle chair and crosses his legs , and then , takes the small encraved knife from the table and cuts a pieaces of the chees and voices:

*Achile, if you allow me to call you so , i rather gave you the most simple ideea around me..
I am a weapoary and shiled scientis and builder. As for the meleficent ship out there , which shakes the Freeport serentiy , it' s a familly tradtion, that recals , that one of us the older one will be free to chose what he will become an member of the military...But this did not stoped me from becoming what i am today, nither that stopped Pierre from what he is today*

Pierre joins the discussion:

*Truth comes from my brother words . **Said he with a serius expression** And yet when he was born i was in my fifth grade..And if i recal correctly when he turned 4 our dad told us the he will join the army adn i will be free to do what lifes gaves me..Now adter i decided to become and scientis into ADN alterationa and animal beeding , he asked me if i can help him to join the Academy where i was studing and help him become a scientis. And here he leys today..*

Teodore:

*Monseur a Nadeau , after me and my brother have elaborated us the short story and the domain we work..I willl be happy to hear where you work...*

RE: The Meeting - Enkidu - 03-11-2014

To state that Achille was peeved would be an underestimation - he positively reeked of befuddlement.

"…Trivial, yet formal? Putain de la…"

“Oh, tradition; the great shiv that holes us all”. He gestured, deftly depositing Thedore with a copious deposit of wine to offset the dairy, watching him feed with a hawkish gaze. “…A lamentable part of the Gallic patriarchy, the aristocracy; all children born only to continue the achievements of their progenitors – to continue the line.” Achille conjugated; forcibly relaxing in the cover of a shrug.

“…so, you are both of monolithic background.” He shifted, cogs cogitating in the depths of his head as he compared the Nuits. “Unsurprising…”

“...My sympathies; I myself suffered a degree of, hm, militaristic interference on the righteous path to academia; such is the GRN’s glut for manpower with every Valor, Obstinate and Normandie that rolls from its docking cradles”. He grinned, fixing the pair with a decided affability.

“…We are indeed between friends, why, dare it come into question? Oh, and, ah, quite – Achille is an entirely reasonable moniker for me, as per your brother’s…. rather obvious… provision of pre-information regarding my person. But what is the odd… breach of both security and social conduct between such uncannily ill-suited compatriots as us, eh? Permit me to refill your glass ami… There!" The face man nodded, winking knowingly as the glass overflowed.

"…On the subject of my personal career, my employment… Well sir…" The Burgundian gasped, arms expanding outwards across the back of the upholstery as if he was bonded to an air pump. "…I am surprised that Pierre here, being such a reliable source of data for you as he is, has not enlightened you. I am (as you state), one Achille Augustain Nadeau…" Flourished the former, shamelessly self-exhibiting; "…And I, ami, am the proverbial paste that holds this station, this installation, this chimera of malcontents that a certain R.A. (who will go unnamed) chose to moniker the Commonwealth. And, rather oddly, it has made me particularly wealthy - I have prospered and flourished, yes, even more so than before -, despite all the peculiar, barbaric Sirian personages one occasionally bumps noses with. But such is the way of success."

"…In terms of a research field, well, I delegate. I send my teachings to my disciples, and in return they keep the flock in a reasonable order - pardon the (apt), divine metaphor. Jack of all trades, and master of them, unanimously…"
He grinned, halting only to suckle the bottle. "…But you know how it is; success breeds success, no?"

"…However, I am loath to affirm that you have not truly answered my query, Thedore…"
Nadeau broached, as tactfully as able. "…Pierre did mention (twice now, to this date), that he is, was, a biologist of considerable notoriety, but yourself? You claim that enlistment has not prevented you from becoming…" Two eyes tracked the unscrupulous figure, and a tongue struck for a word. "…Your present state."

"…In essence sir, what is your field?"