Discovery Gaming Community
Zoner transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Zoner transport (/showthread.php?tid=11299)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Zoner transport - Jinx - 08-15-2008

since the zoners are one of the major deep space traders, it is odd that they do not have their own transports as genuine ship builders. - this ship is meant to be 5000 cargospace - and its mission is supposed to be both, science and heavy trader.

[Image: zonergrandtransport.png]
it is inspired by the blocky BW design and an elegant shape resembling the liner. - this ship is meant to be not only a very long distance tradeship, but also a home for the crew - so it will offer much more room than for example a train or a heavy tanker, not to mention the whale, which is only a short distance transport and has no comfortable quarters anyway.

so this is a serious model ( unlike the rig i made in the transport thread ) - i intend to texture it white/silver and size it slightly bigger than the luxory liner.

it will not be easy to get through an asteroid field with such a transport - but possible when using the impulse instead of the cruise.

edit: to create more diversity .... i d suggest to limit such a ship to zoners and their allies only - which would be zoners and GMG, cause the order doesn t need such ships.

Zoner transport - n00bl3t - 08-15-2008

Gets my vote. Awesome.

Edit: Only thing I see is the bridgey thing underneath it which will add to asteroid problem.

Zoner transport - stewcool - 08-15-2008

Yeh I like it same response to the bridge...I think if you just remove it it would still look cool. I like the cargo pods on the top adds character

EDIT: actualy if you make the front end pointy instead of flat you can make it a cross between the osiris too!

the ornamental bow won t be covered by a hitbox - ( i d suggest a straight, tube like hitbox - its a transport, doesn t need to be too exact with that stuff on a civi ship )

making it similar to the osiris is something i would not like to do - cause zoners have nothing to do with the contruction of the osiris and would rather imitate liberty and BW designs. - the osiris is order / corsair only when it comes to knowledge of contruction.

Zoner transport - Panzer - 08-15-2008

/THAT/

is what I might swap my Pirate train for.

And give it 5001 cargo - I hate it when the basic armor spoils a nice, even number.

haha - yea, i know what you mean:laugh:- but normal armour takes up 5 units i think - anyway - i don t think its possible to give it more than 5k cargo. - but you can add a type 8 capship armour for a round 250 units haha... - 4750 + armour sounds good. - since the ship is very "straight forward" - its gonne be easy to texture... and maybe i ll even take my time to spend more than half an hour texturing for a bit more quality =P.

Zoner transport - kingvaillant - 08-15-2008

extremely nce looking. But It also looks like a cruiser or big GB

Zoner transport - CCI45-px/Probe149 - 08-15-2008

I see only one problem: Kuraine's ID's limit the freighters for Zoner to those with 4400 cargo space, if i'm not mistaken, but i hope it can be changed.

Anyways, who am i to expect a model i don't like from you Jinx? It's looking perfect! *me wants*

Zoner transport - Carlos_Benitez - 08-15-2008

May I reccomend this be made available for purchase ONLY within a secret location in the Zoner Guard System?
The last thing I'd want is to see this thing, all around me, everywhere, like the Adv. Train is.

I can picture this fling between, say, Freeport 9 and Gran Canaria, but I'm still picturing it as almost a capital ship, so I don't think it should be allowed to be flown into House Systems (apart from to get to and from the Taus) and probably shoulnd't be allowed to get too close to Crete; (the scared children rule).

My biggest fear with this model is that it will be abused by the power-traders because it has the most cargo and because it has powerful defences.

Frankly Jinx, the only people I'd want to see flying this would be serious-Zoner-rpers like yourself.
May I suggest pricing it so highly that it comes close in price to a Battleship?
This would discourage any "I want to get me a battlecruiser" powertraders from abusing it, as it just wouldn't be financially sound to spend all one's money on this when one is already close to getting the battlecruiser of one's dreams.

[Image: zonergrandtransportcollection.png]

here are some textured ingame pictures - the camera is too close .... so i wasn t able to get the whole ship into a better focus.

about the ID - i d be at a loss why the zoners as one of the major trading factions should be limited to less than maximum cargo ( the only reason i see is spite to get rid of the so players that exploit the non existant zoner neutrality - but that would be a very low motive to limit the ID ... and a stupid, too, as trading is the only thing that zoners activly do )

about limiting such a ship .... simply set the price to 200 million and the general powertrader wouldn t use it.