Discovery Gaming Community
Developer Notice: Player Owned Bases Update - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Developer Notice: Player Owned Bases Update (/showthread.php?tid=113189)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Developer Notice: Player Owned Bases Update - aerelm - 03-13-2014

These changes were promised for update 6, but unfortunately due to various technical difficulties they had to be postponed. After beating the plugin with a large stick for about a week, the changes are finally ready thanks to our resident FLHooker, Kazinsal, and are being implemented server-side.

Details of the new POB plugin update is as follows:

1. Shield protection ratio is reduced to 97% (previously 99%)
  2. Wear & tear damage reduced to 300 per minute per core (previously 600)
  3. Factory construction requirements reasonably reduced.
  4. Construction speed for shield module increased.
This basically means bases will be easier to build, easier to maintain, but also easier to siege and destroy. The actual cost of the upkeep and upgrade is also considerably reduced by these changes and to compensate for the vulnerability core 1 bases will receive with the new shield protection rate, construction of the module itself is made twice as fast.

Feel free to use this thread for any possible feedback, but in case of any possible bugs, please use the appropriate bug report thread.

RE: Developer Notice: Player Owned Bases Update - Sath - 03-13-2014

Any statisitcal data regarding this change?
Like the amount of materials required to build any specific equipment...the necessary storage module building requirements and such?

Also,good work...Even the core 1 bases where hard to take down and even hard to maintain Big Grin

RE: Developer Notice: Player Owned Bases Update - Kazinsal - 03-13-2014

Hey.

I'm poking you on skype.

I don't think it's working.

We've got four battleships with cerbs shooting a core 1 base with shields and regens and it's going nowhere at all.

RE: Developer Notice: Player Owned Bases Update - Zen_Mechanics - 03-13-2014

I have a feeling that someone is going to auto-afk shoot a station with better chances now. Okay

Okay, I'm bad at math, sorry. Need 6 cerbs to break even with a shield and 3-regen core 1, and 9 to do any real damage.

Whats with the sarcasm? It will be easier to say it the way it is Smile - STILL HARD TO DESTORY A POB

I was correcting my previous post. It literally takes a quarter the battleship firepower to take down a fully stocked, shielded core 4 base than it used to.

so thats 2 battleships to take down core 1?

There's a rather straightforward formula for determining how much DPS you do to a base.

If the base is fully stocked with all three repair commodities and shielded: (K*45000*0.03*20 - 180000*L)/20
If the base is only stocked with one repair commodity and shielded: (K*45000*0.03*20 - 60000*L)/20

In both of these equations, K is the number of battleship cerberus cannons being fired at the base. L is the core level of the base.

Example -- four battleships with 3 cerbs each (standard for heavies) against a stocked, shielded core 1 base:

(12*45000*0.03*20 - 180000*1)/20
(324000 - 180000)/20
144000/20
7200 DPS
Time to take down base: 18.5 minutes.

What is the repair speed of bigger cores, such as 3 and 4 - I assume you have changed those as well, but on a wild guess Id say about six battleships in 1 hour for a stocked core 4?