Discovery Gaming Community
What game to play? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: What game to play? (/showthread.php?tid=113347)

Pages: 1 2

What game to play? - Narcotic - 03-16-2014

I've got a week free time until I go skiing. And I'd love to play some good game again which I haven't done for a long time.

Now I've picked out 14 games that sound promising, which run on my Laptop, and which I do have access to. Also; I haven't played any of these games yet. If I had the time, I'd play them all of course, but I don't. (The weather is just too good here, and the evenings too short.)

So I need you to vote for me. Which of these 14 games is "the best" in your opinion. Reason/s for your choice would be helpful.

Yes, Discovery isn't on the list. It's about games I haven't played yet, but want to.

RE: What game to play? - Sabru - 03-16-2014

Either of the Bioshocks, especially infinite.

The gameplay is good, and the storyline...... one word: inception.

the story will blow your mind. One of the best stories ever.

RE: What game to play? - Narcotic - 03-16-2014

System Shock 2 is one of my all time favorite games. However, the "steampunk" look of it did always discouraged me to play it. I enjoy the sci-fi settings more somehow.

But I'd give it a try of course.

Do the stories build on one another?

RE: What game to play? - Vrabcek - 03-16-2014

If you liked Gothic you will most likely like Risen too.

RE: What game to play? - Sabru - 03-16-2014

Bioshock: Infinite's story is seperate from the first two.

(03-16-2014, 10:13 PM)Vrabcek Wrote: If you liked Gothic you will most likely like Risen too.

I know. I even installed it once, but never found time to play it.

I'm afraid that it won't be as good as Gothic 3, which I really enjoyed (once everything was fixed). Whatever, Risen 1+2 are definately on my to-play list. But those are games I'll likely spend more than a week with, so I think I'll keep them for other times.

(03-16-2014, 10:19 PM)Sabre Wrote: Bioshock: Infinite's story is seperate from the first two.

Both seem pretty neat to me. But I think I prefer Bioshock's dark atmosphere over the colorful one in Infinite.

RE: What game to play? - Eduard - 03-16-2014

Stalker. Best season to play it considering the events in Ukraine.

(03-16-2014, 10:31 PM)Ed- Wrote: Stalker. Best season to play it considering the events in Ukraine.

Both Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat?

RE: What game to play? - sindroms - 03-16-2014

Get your hands on the novel, if you want to fully immerse yourself in Stalker.

My vote was on Mass Effect.

RE: What game to play? - Fifty. - 03-16-2014

The Stick of Truth
It's just..amazing.
Also has jew as a playable class.