Discovery Gaming Community
Hello, new player here and a question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Hello, new player here and a question (/showthread.php?tid=11358)

Hello, new player here and a question - secret01 - 08-17-2008

First of all, I would like to say 'Hi' and introduce myself. I am Secret01, I used to play here months ago but I stopped playing and didn't save my account and I know I can't get it back and my character is probably deleted by now but this is not the reason of my post.

I am considering of playing FL again (starting from scratch) but as I came back I noticed some changes in the rules and other stuff, which leads me to this:

As I was reading a post about ID List I noticed something strange (at least for me).

The Order ID
Pilot carrying this ID has joined The Order. Order ID grants its owner right to participate in military operations on lawful side, hunt pirates and terrorists, scan traders for contraband, fulfil bounty contracts, and trade. Order ID owner cannot participate in any unlawful actions.

There a few things here that I don't understand. If I remember correctly, Liberty Navy and maybe even bounty hunters were always attacking Order ships and this means that the Order is not a lawful faction and it should not participate in lawful military operations and should be allowed to participate in the unlawful ones. Another fact is that if I remember correctly the Order was allied with the Corsairs which are pirates which means that the Order can't hunt pirates. I am pretty much confused about this. :rtfm:

So my question is the following: Am I allowed to have Order tag and have a pirate ID? If not then am I able to have a pirate or corsair ID and tag but use Order ships and equipment? I think this should be ok since the Order gave the Corsairs advanced technology, ships and weapons in exchange for pilots (the Order was lacking pilots if I remember right). :wacko:

Well anyway, if anyone can clear up the confusion for me I would greatly appreciate. I want to know what I'm doing before starting to play and getting myself in trouble hehe. :$

Also, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this. I know there is a Support subforum but all the questions there were technical related. I also tried searching but didn't get satisfying results.

Thank you and have a nice. :)

Hello, new player here and a question - Rudo - 08-17-2008

I'll do the best I can here.

IFF tags and IDs should match as closely as possible. The Order is still technically a lawful faction, despite it being KOS in Liberty and looked on oddly in other houses. This means no pirate ID. Really, the only acceptable ID to go with an Order IFF is the Order itself.

Using Order ships and equipment is very unlikely as a pirate. Only Corsairs really have the deal going with the Order, and they're generally pretty into their own ships first and foremost. Guns, maybe... but Corsair guns are arguably superior.

But using a Nepthys over a Titan as a Corsair is asking for trouble. Using a Nepthys as a generic pirate would be considered crossing the line.

I know it seems restrictive, but that's roleplay for you. Plenty of other ships out there for you to try out, too.

Hello, new player here and a question - Kuraine - 08-17-2008

Hopefully I will be able to get a number of ID changes sorted out for 4.85, which should involve clearing up this kind of confusion at least a little bit.

Hello, new player here and a question - secret01 - 08-17-2008

Alright, thank you both for your help.