Discovery Gaming Community
Questions about: Official Leader Problem's - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Questions about: Official Leader Problem's (/showthread.php?tid=113856)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Questions about: Official Leader Problem's - Lucas Stone - 03-28-2014

The one thing iv found is that the same player's run multiple Official faction's or are also in their enemy faction's leadership.

So:

1.Can anyone explain how this is allowed? As some can be in conflict, cant they or do they all just run along peacefully?

2.Or by allowing this, does this then mean noone can progress to official status?

3.Does it kill the whole server?

RE: Questions about: Official Leader Problem's - sindroms - 03-28-2014

People do this, because staying in one faction and constantly fighting the same people causes bad blood between the players.

My first faction were the Outcasts, and I noticed that at some point, after a few years of playing with them, I started hating Corsair players. Not characters. Players.

Ganks, being utter neusances and so on. Then I switched IDs. Turns out both sides are equally dickish.

Never EVER play one side or one ID. If you play in Liberty, join opposing factions. It helps a lot. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

EDIT: As far as faction leaders go, most are skypefriends anyway.
Skypefriends = RP on Disco in terms of getting things done.

RE: Questions about: Official Leader Problem's - Lucas Stone - 03-28-2014

Sorry i also meant that the same person can lead 2 Official Factions.

Yeah, exactly.
If a person can join two official factions, a person can lead two.

Look at Altie for example.

Also, much easier to get some SRP going that way. And different goodies.

RE: Questions about: Official Leader Problem's - Sol - 03-28-2014

While what Spazzy says is true, the question is about the leadership. [edit: ninja'd me]

Well, I think it's better if it would be like "a player can lead only 1 official faction at a time", just so that all the factions can get enough love and there'd be more than one perspective to roll things along.

I don't think there are any multiple factions with the same leader right now though, in the past there were some.

To answer your questions directly:

1. It's just simply allowed, because there was no apparent reason not to.

When they are in conflict, probably one person (or a team) decides how this conflict will turn out, and others will just have to play with the cards they are given.

2. Why would this disallow people to progress to official status?

3. It certainly is not a direct reason why the server dies.

I think that the actual question Von is trying to answer here is that, yes, the official factions can in fact prevent unofficial factions from gaining officialdom through skypefriends and leading multiple factions.

I don't think anyone can stop anyone in these times in Disco, when the spot needs to be actually earned through activity and quality. Since they are much needed qualities now.

You don't have to have 1 official player faction per ID anymore.

You'll probably have to compete for members, but if you do it better than them, it shouldn't be a problem.

More like have to compete for territory and prevent someone, who does not like your face from gathering their peeps and roflstomping your members in the ground whenever they log on.

It has been become common practice today.

Such attempts, I am sure, will backfire. There are also people who care less for skype friends but wish to hand out proper recognition for proper merits.

Currently, there are PLR and JM going for officialdom. Both have strong positions. There are people who like them, and some who don't. That's expected.

But if they just manage to remain cool, fine tune what they are doing meanwhile, make sure they won't lose their control and harm other people's gameplay in the end, they'll have that spot.

Nobody can sabotage their progress, unless they themselves sabotage themselves.

RE: Questions about: Official Leader Problem's - Lucas Stone - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 09:38 AM)Sol Wrote: 2. Why would this disallow people to progress to official status?

Well as you know im running Dark Wing, while we build up kudo's to maybe reach official status. I can already see the pattern emerge that will start to block that.

We choose Hellfire for one reason and one reason only, the Hellfire Legion had died.

Now suddenly up springs the old faction and bang were not Hellfire.

I wont use the comm's channel to meta game but i do read it like everyone else.

But already the cycle has begun...Old Hellfire saying were not Hellfire...but am i being Cynical?

As Spazzy said: As far as faction leaders go, most are skypefriends anyway.
Skypefriends = RP on Disco in terms of getting things done.

So the question is...will this group stop pulling the strings and let people progress or are we damned from the start?