Discovery Gaming Community
Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit (/showthread.php?tid=114003)

Pages: 1 2

Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Doc Holliday - 03-31-2014

SkyBandit has been sanctioned for:

Quote:1.2 Disconnecting from the server in any situation involving player interaction is not allowed. If you lose server connection, you should get back in game as soon as possible to continue the interaction. If that is not possible, post a note here.
2.1 System and local chats are to be kept in roleplay and in English at all times. Any OOC (Out of character) chat should be marked with " // " and only used when absolutely necessary. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time. And
2.2 Threatening other players with reports and sanctions or attempting to pose as an Admin is not allowed.

Consequences:The RP was fine despite your OORP response and the pirate's demand was legit. Engaging cloaking device is F1ing out of piracy. It only upsets the pirate, upsets the admin team even more and would have been cheaper just to pay the pirate. Your bank account took a hit and your cargo hold was emptied to allow for a new sanction notice. Now, play nice and don't let me see your name across this desk again.

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Skybandit - 04-02-2014

Great game, love the community, amazing and dedicated admins (way to go!) major enjoyment so far except continually being attacked by pilots who do NOT follow the hail procedure.

1st I apologize to the RP community and Admins for pressing F1 in frustration, despite my reasons for it.

2nd i appreciate and respect the RP idea / community. I do not appreciate when the rules are not followed and I'm not yet again attacked by someone blatantly not following them.

3rd I do not like my characters name, as I am a trader and the name (while cool when I thought of it) is less clear from a RP perspective.

Looking to have this Sanction removed. Player was NOT following the RP rules of hail then attack. I was attacked then unable to leave. I also very specifically used the // method for non-rp to ask for help in resolving the situation as i was about to lose expensive cargo from someone else violating the rules, so the research on this sanction is quite wrong in that regard of "abuse".

Lost cargo from attack and when i logged back in i was in a different station with no cargo so clearly the pirate got the loot as my ship was destroyed and i ended up someone entirely different than where i was and with an empty cargo ( NOTE: this was BEFORE the sanction!).

Sanction (aka 'bank account took a hit' - translation: all money was removed leaving 0 balance for my first ever infraction, and honestly my last as i hate breaking rules) removed 60 million in game money - which was earned a day or so after the incident happened, so paying the extreme 2 mil bounty leaving me no profit was not possible- after I'd already lost the cargo and ended up in the station. I'm a trader, so a 0 balance makes it impossible for me to trade short of selling my ship and my weapons which i just bought through a ton of hard work and time. Extremely over punitive response and very much over the top for a first offense.

Extremely frustrated with handling of this sanction and the debacle of trying to get my account registered for the forums to even ask about the sanction, and the total lack of response to continual emails to follow up on this. At this point just grateful to be able to finally post in my thread so I might be able to play again. Also extremely appreciative of the dedicated admins who make the community possible and their dedication to fairness / rules. I just want to play again.

Regretfully, In the future as a rule I will now document and judiciously report every violation of the RP rules I see, as letting it go several times already has proven to be an unwanted and unhelpful response for the RP community / admins. I will also carefully review the RP rules to make with certainty that my case is ironclad, forgiveness for breaking RP / server rules will unfortunatley not be an option as none was shown to me.

High frustration level, but to be clear I understand the nature of rules needing to be followed, respect the admins, and again apologize for pressing the f1 key.

I appreciate your time. I will add more information as requested, or edit later if any typos or lack of clarity.

Respectfully,
Skybandit

RE: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Skybandit - 04-02-2014

(04-02-2014, 10:38 PM)xeno42 Wrote: Great game, love the community, amazing and dedicated admins (way to go!) major enjoyment so far except continually being attacked by pilots who do NOT follow the hail procedure.

1st I apologize to the RP community and Admins for pressing F1 in frustration, despite my reasons for it.

2nd i appreciate and respect the RP idea / community. I do not appreciate when the rules are not followed and I'm not yet again attacked by someone blatantly not following them.

3rd I do not like my characters name, as I am a trader and the name (while cool when I thought of it) is less clear from a RP perspective.

Looking to have this Sanction removed. Player was NOT following the RP rules of hail then attack. I was attacked then unable to leave. I also very specifically used the // method for non-rp to ask for help in resolving the situation as i was about to lose expensive cargo from someone else violating the rules, so the research on this sanction is quite wrong in that regard of "abuse".

Lost cargo from attack and when i logged back in i was in a different station with no cargo so clearly the pirate got the loot as my ship was destroyed and i ended up someone entirely different than where i was and with an empty cargo ( NOTE: this was BEFORE the sanction!).

Sanction (aka 'bank account took a hit' - translation: all money was removed leaving 0 balance for my first ever infraction, and honestly my last as i hate breaking rules) removed 60 million in game money - which was earned a day or so after the incident happened, so paying the extreme 2 mil bounty leaving me no profit was not possible- after I'd already lost the cargo and ended up in the station. I'm a trader, so a 0 balance makes it impossible for me to trade short of selling my ship and my weapons which i just bought through a ton of hard work and time. Extremely over punitive response and very much over the top for a first offense.

Extremely frustrated with handling of this sanction and the debacle of trying to get my account registered for the forums to even ask about the sanction, and the total lack of response to continual emails to follow up on this. At this point just grateful to be able to finally post in my thread so I might be able to play again. Also extremely appreciative of the dedicated admins who make the community possible and their dedication to fairness / rules. I just want to play again.

Regretfully, In the future as a rule I will now document and judiciously report every violation of the RP rules I see, as letting it go several times already has proven to be an unwanted and unhelpful response for the RP community / admins. I will also carefully review the RP rules to make with certainty that my case is ironclad, forgiveness for breaking RP / server rules will unfortunatley not be an option as none was shown to me.

High frustration level, but to be clear I understand the nature of rules needing to be followed, respect the admins, and again apologize for pressing the f1 key.

I appreciate your time. I will add more information as requested, or edit later if any typos or lack of clarity.

Respectfully,
Skybandit

Note: sanction also included emptying of cargo worth 10 million, so total losses are at 70 million with zero way to realistically use this trader character.

RE: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Manny Calavera - 04-03-2014

(04-02-2014, 10:38 PM)xeno42 Wrote: Great game, love the community, amazing and dedicated admins (way to go!) major enjoyment so far except continually being attacked by pilots who do NOT follow the hail procedure.

Respectfully,
Skybandit
First of all your claim that I violated the rules is invalid. When the lane was disrupted I used a cruise disruptor on your ship (which disrupted your engines as it is meant to) which all pirates do by the way. More importantly I didn't drain your shield less than 50 percent. The cruise disruptor took a fraction of 1 percent of your shields as the cruise disruptor is meant for. I made my demand.
Look at the rule below. Its been like this all the time.

Quote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.
You then broke another two rules at the same time. threatening to report me which is also against the rules and you were out of character in main chat also against the rules.
A player does not have to hail to use a cruise disruptor on you before rping.
About your cargo. I made a demand. You decided not to comply and break the rules yet again by f1ning. According to my ID and rules, if you do not comply I have a right to destroy your ship and cargo.
Before you blame me I suggest you read the rules yourself.
here is a link below
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334

RE: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Skybandit - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 12:44 AM)The.Blue.Eagle Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 10:38 PM)xeno42 Wrote: -length long- removed but see above for details of post.
Respectfully,
Skybandit
First of all your claim that I violated the rules is invalid. When the lane was disrupted I used a cruise disruptor on your ship (which disrupted your engines as it is meant to) which all pirates do by the way. More importantly I didn't drain your shield less than 50 percent. The cruise disruptor took a fraction of 1 percent of your shields as the cruise disruptor is meant for. I made my demand.

Quote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.
You then broke another two rules at the same time. threatening to report me which is also against the rules and you were out of character in main chat also against the rules.
About your cargo. I made a demand. You decided not to comply and break the rules yet again by f1ning. According to my ID and rules, if you do not comply I have a right to destroy your ship and cargo.
here is a link below

First of all, I didn't expect you to chime in and endeavor to see that my account continues to be disabled and rendered entirely useless. If I seem frustrated, I am, so I apologize in advance for my frustration with this and I apologize to you for any offense I caused. I also am extremely disappointed in having my gaming experience ruined entirely because you decided to engage in a very unclear way without proper hails and then mainly because you're 'annoyed' my account is sanctioned and likely now unplayable.

Not only were you hovering around in the starting area for new players, but you're taking advantage of the fact that they may not know as well as you, which in essence is trolling, and in my mind should be punishable because it immediately destroys new players from enjoying the game because someone is right there to mess with them. And don't even give me that 'well it happened to me when I started' garbage because it doesn't justify anything.

You attacked before any clear contact was made or any way I could respond, then proceeded to demand a fee I could not pay and prevent any sort of method of escape. Period.

The 1st offense of logging off has been addressed and is against the rules. For that I apologize and SHOULD because F1 is against the rules. This should NOT happen. If I can even play the game again, I will review the rules again so as not to disrupt the RP essence of this great game!

However, as you yourself have said, not only did you actually destroy my ship rendering the F1 'cloak' irrelevant, specifically achieving your goal -as I ended up in a station without cargo, which is a massive and clear indication of ship destruction- but then you then proceeded to report someone, despite having destroyed the target illegally from an unlawful engagement which you started.

I also spoke with // when speaking of reporting, and if you will forgive me for being completely out of my wits on what to do when someone engages illegally, then I apologize because I'm still quite new to the game / community. I still honestly have no clear idea how to handle a situation like this where someone engages illegally, because it's apparently totally rigged to support a player who knows the rules and can grief new players and hide behind 'rules' to do it.

So now not only have you accomplished your first goal of destroying the ship and cargo ingame, but now you've also managed to destroy 70 million in assets and a character because you did not follow -with clarity, which someone as experienced as yourself should know- one singularly simple rule: hail before engaging.

I do apologize to you for using the F1 key and any offense this may have been to you trying to RP, although it's immediately clear to anyone that you did destroy the ship... so I am to guess you complaining about the F1 key because it is A) against the rules, to which I agree and apologize for. I should not have logged off in frustration.

At the end of the day: You're 'annoyed' and my account is ruined.

*Edits: Again, extremely frustrated with this situation, but trying to take out any barbs as these would be nonconstructive. There may be some few left, but I have done my best to be respectful in what seems a very unjust situation.

RE: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Manny Calavera - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 01:27 AM)xeno42 Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 12:44 AM)The.Blue.Eagle Wrote:
(04-02-2014, 10:38 PM)xeno42 Wrote: -length long- removed but see above for details of post.
Respectfully,
Skybandit

here is a link below

First of all, I didn't expect you to chime in and endeavor to see that my account continues to be disabled and rendered entirely useless, so if I seem frustrated, I am, and I also am extremely disappointed in having my gaming experience ruined entirely because you decided to engage in a very unclear way without proper hails and mainly because you're 'annoyed'.

Not only were you hovering around in the starting area for new players, but you're taking advantage of the fact that they may not know as well as you, which in essence is trolling, and in my mind should be punishable because it immediately destroys new players from enjoying the game because someone is right there to mess with them. And don't even give me that 'well it happened to me when I started' garbage. In essence this is what you've done because in all likely-hood my account is destroyed now.

This post is nothing more than covering yourself for not engaging in a proper manner. Unlike you, I did NOT report you for blatantly breaking the game rules of engagement (although I did warn you) which if you watched the forums for sanctions you could easily see. Funny how up until this point I still HAVEN'T reported you. You attacked before any clear contact was made or any way I could respond, then proceeded to demand a fee I could not pay and prevent any sort of method of escape. Period.

The 1st offense of logging off has been addressed and is against the rules. For that I apologize and SHOULD because F1 is against the rules. This should NOT happen.

However, as you yourself have said, not only did you actually destroy my ship -as I ended up in a station without cargo, which is a massive and clear indication of ship destruction- but then you then proceeded to report someone, despite having destroyed the target illegally from an unlawful engagement which you started.

I also spoke with // when speaking of reporting, and if you will forgive me for being completely out of my wits on what to do when someone engages illegally, then I apologize because I'm still quite new to the game / community. I still honestly have no clear idea how to handle a situation like this where someone engages illegally, because it's apparently totally rigged to support a player who knows the rules and can grief new players.

So now not only have you accomplished your first goal of destroying the ship and cargo, but now you've also managed to destroy 70 million in assets and a character because you did not follow -with clarity, which someone as experienced as yourself should know- one singularly simple rule: hail before engaging.

This is an invalid claim in it's entirety and the only thing in this case of validity is the use of F1 key which I whole heartily apologize for and agree is not a proper use of the key. For that I do apologize to you for any offense this may have been to you trying to RP, although it's immediately clear to anyone that you did destroy the ship... so I am to guess you complaining about the F1 key because it is A) against the rules, to which I agree and apologize for. I should not have logged off in frustration.

At the end of the day: You're 'annoyed' and my account is ruined.

*Edits: Again, extremely frustrated with this situation, but trying to take out any barbs as these would be nonconstructive.
Admins check the logs before they sanctioned somone. That disproves your accusations. If the admins thought that i was breaking the rules they would have sanctioned me too. Yet Doc Holiday clearly stated I made a valid demand. Show me the rule that says I cant destroy your ship and cargo if you F1. Exactly, there is none.
On my ID it says I can make a demand and if you dont comply I can destroy your ship.
Did you give me credits as I demanded? No you f1d. I had every right to destroy your ship and cargo. Also putting // in before your text doesnt make it ok on main chat. infact people have gotten sanctioned for just that reason. People have also gotten sanctioned for pming people when they dont want to be pmed oorp and continued to do so. . // is only if you made a mistake and want to clarify that. you however were doing it to break the rules by threatening me.Yet you admit again you threatened reporting me on this forum. the admins looked all over this and believe me the admins are the biggest experts on the the rules. When they say i didnt break the rules. i didnt break the rules. End of story.

Edit: after some consideration i decided not to argue anymore. If you have any complaints talk to the admins. This is my final post on this thread.

(04-03-2014, 02:16 AM)The.Blue.Eagle Wrote: -see above quotes, many there so condensing for ease of reading-

Admins check the logs before they sanctioned somone. That disproves your accusations. If the admins thought that i was breaking the rules they would have sanctioned me too. Yet Doc Holiday clearly stated I made a valid demand. Show me the rule that says I cant destroy your ship and cargo if you F1. Exactly, there is none.
On my ID it says I can make a demand and if you dont comply I can destroy your ship.
Did you give me credits as I demanded? No you f1d. I had every right to destroy your ship and cargo. Also putting // in before your text doesnt make it ok on main chat. infact people have gotten sanctioned for just that reason. People have also gotten sanctioned for pming people when they dont want to be pmed oorp and continued to do so. . // is only if you made a mistake and want to clarify that. you however were doing it to break the rules by threatening me.Yet you admit again you threatened reporting me on this forum. the admins looked all over this and believe me the admins are the biggest experts on the the rules. When they say i didnt break the rules. i didnt break the rules. End of story.

Edit: after some consideration i decided not to argue anymore. If you have any complaints talk to the admins. This is my final post on this thread.

The admin's know better than I, however I still get to explain my side and have to since you entered this conversation.

Actually, read this:

Ask yourself the following questions - If your answers to these might be a little sketchy, odds are your report will be too.

Am I filing a relatively petty report because I’m currently angry?
If you’re a little hot under the collar, the Sandwich Rule* always helps to keep yourself from looking silly. Just step back for half an hour, then come back and decide whether or not it’s worth pursuing.

Do I really have enough evidence to make this stick?
Sanctions won’t go through unless sufficient evidence is provided of the report. You were there for the entire incident, yep, but the administration was not. All we have to go by is what you give us. Is that enough?

Is what this person did really worth removing all his credits and guns?
That’s the standard punishment for server offenses. Is what the suspect did serious enough to warrant this sort of punishment?

Is this person clearly just a new player who doesn’t know better yet?
You should know by now that while most of the rules are common-sense, we’ve got a lot of ‘em. Go ahead, swap tabs to that list you’ve got open. There’s a lot of them, and to new players that can be daunting, or perhaps they haven’t even seen the forums yet. If you suspect someone of being a new player, unless the violation is serious, you’re better off pointing them in the right direction than slapping them with a violation. Remember, we were all in their shoes at one point.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=66349

Now you'll notice I didn't highlight the 2nd point, because I agree, the F1 key was wrong. I also knew at that time that there was NO talking sense to you, as you've just demonstrated here you will NOT see anyone's side other than your own and completely IGNORE my being new to this game and will completely stone wall in the face of anything contrary to your point. So had I stopped and tried to reason with you, nothing would have come of it. Mind you, this is all over a bounty I could not pay from an attack you started, not me. This still does not excuse the F1 key, for which I've already, and again, apologize for.

Also anyone with significant experience in this game can easily go through my posts and see how poorly I understand the game mechanics and rules, so it should be fairly clear to someone like yourself who knows the rules so clearly, that I'm new.

This whole business about 50% and shields is very much news to me. All I see is that you've 1) not hailed me (still a basic principle) 2) stopped my flight 3) attacked me 4) demanded payment I could not realistically afford based off what my cargo was. All the while knowing that this area is one where new players are.

The admin's are capable of determining the evidence, like I said they know better than I, which is point 2, however for points 1, 3, and 4 I would say these were not followed in making this report. Of course that's mostly conjecture, you could have sat back, thought about it, and then intentionally decided to make the report to punish a new player for not giving you a bounty.

I do reserve my right to make my claim, and I will highlight that you are clearly a veteran player camping out new player trade lanes so in the strict sense, gaining the system by harassing players like myself who don't know the full rule-set as well as you do.

I've also gone to great lengths to restrain myself and be respectful of you, the admins, and the RP community by apologizing and taking responsibility for pressing F1, but it is very clear this is more about being vindictive than it is about enforcing rules or a learning experience as you have ignored this and continued to persist in insisting this is entirely my fault and the entire punishment is due (stripped of all isk for a trader is devastating for that pilot -whereas for a marauder like you can either attack someone and demand bounties or move limited cargo space).

RE: Player Sanctioned: SkyBandit - Garrett Jax - 04-03-2014

Xeno42, I wanted to post here and clear something up for you.

First, a player doesn't have to hail somebody before he fires a CD. A CD hit is not considered an attack per the rules. The normal operating procedure for a pirate is to fire off a CD in order to stop/get the attention of the trader. Once that has been accomplished, the business of making the demand gets underway. In your case, a demand was made before an attack occurred. An attack, by definition, is when your shields get below 50%. Additionally, there was sufficient role play on both sides for an engagement.

Second, threatening to report someone is sanctionable and it doesn't matter if it's preceded by // or not. A player will get sanctioned if he threatens a report even in private chat.

The player that pirated you followed all the rules required of him in his encounter with you. The fine that was imposed upon you is within the guidelines for a violation/s of this sort. Actually, the amount you lost was well below the guidelines considering the multiple offenses.

Hopefully, this clears things up for you and adjusts your thinking for when the next pirate/trader encounter occurs.

Note: I have been given 2,000,000 credits from HoL|HoR|GB|Fin.V not sure who this is, but it would be EXTREMELY offensive if this was from The.Blue as this was the amount demanded at the time of the attack. It's essentially a slap in the face from the bounty that was demanded that caused me several days worth of playtime and 70 million in assets. I will upload a screenshot of this.

(04-03-2014, 03:51 AM)Garrett Jax Wrote: Xeno42, I wanted to post here and clear something up for you.

First, a player doesn't have to hail somebody before he fires a CD. A CD hit is not considered an attack per the rules. The normal operating procedure for a pirate is to fire off a CD in order to stop/get the attention of the trader. Once that has been accomplished, the business of making the demand gets underway. In your case, a demand was made before an attack occurred. An attack, by definition, is when your shields get below 50%. Additionally, there was sufficient role play on both sides for an engagement.

Second, threatening to report someone is sanctionable and it doesn't matter if it's preceded by // or not. A player will get sanctioned if he threatens a report even in private chat.

The player that pirated you followed all the rules required of him in his encounter with you. The fine that was imposed upon you is within the guidelines for a violation/s of this sort. Actually, the amount you lost was well below the guidelines considering the multiple offenses.

Hopefully, this clears things up for you and adjusts your thinking for when the next pirate/trader encounter occurs.

I do appreciate the clarification! I want to know what the rules are and to follow them. This is still an extremely high price to pay for a first offense and one which I thought I had NO recourse to get out of. I already lost my cargo to being attacked, losing all my credits and inventory was very excessive.