Discovery Gaming Community
Masiro Vilende - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Masiro Vilende (/showthread.php?tid=11429)

Pages: 1 2

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 08-19-2008

He was always playing on his piano in the back of his chambers when i came by to visit him. An old, fragile piano. He wasn't all that good at it, but that never mattered to him. It reflected his body, but not his soul, he always told me. No, his soul was reflected by the one song he could play. The one song he wrote himself. He titled it love. After the one mission he failed. The one failure his life had known.

Masiro Vilende past on recently. At the fine age of 102 years old. He left me, Elisabeth Vilende, his grand grand daughter, his most prized treasure of all. The instrument that kept him alive through all these years, the keeper of his soul, his piano. Along with it, a few simple word whispered gently into my ear. Never let something good get away from you, never, he said.

I never dared to touch the piano. I was afraid it might break, that it is too old to be played. My mother always says that, the piano died with him. As if they were, and are, connected. But no, i wouldn't accept that. Masiro, would never want it to remain untouched by the fingers of his family.

Not two days ago, I opened it. I raised the wing, and what I found there we're not mere tones and instruments, no. What i found there was of far greater value. An old, forgotten book. One that Masiro never hoped that anyone would find, except me. And within this book, was written down on the crumbling pages, the tale of his failure. Of the one time, he didn't win.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 08-21-2008

Page One

I weep
Not for me, not for you
I weep
For my fallen friends, the fallen few.

Soldiers brave
I weep for them
Soldiers brave
I visit their grave.

Children broken
I weep for them
Children killed
My tears be spilled.

Lives shatterd
To never be regained
Guns fired
Never again.

Masiro on the Vanguard wars. (2146-2196)

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 08-22-2008

Page two

Soldiers trained
Soldiers grown
Made to kill
Made to overthrow.

Death before dishonor. Mission before living. Those we're the words of Field marshal Oakenroad. Death before dishonor. Mission before living. The code of our section. The code of our brotherhood. The brotherhood of Snikmorders. For we were not mere soldiers, no. We were assassin's. "You will change the face of the world with a single shot", our instructor always said. A single shot, and the world changes. I found this hard to believe back in the camp. Hard to believe that one man could end wars and change empires. How naive i was. What a fool.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 08-23-2008

Page three

A first time
No guidance, no assist.
A first time
You mess up, you won't be missed

I was sitting in and old and abandoned factory tower in the city of Duta, waiting for my target to appear amongst the crowds. Beomara Hall. A major figure in illegal arms smuggling. That's all i was told and had to know. When i waited for my target to appear out of the building in front of me, i looked down upon the swarm of people going on about their business, ignorant of everything outside of their little lives. Like a bunch of ants. All working for the swarm, but barely able to reap its benefits.

I waited for nearly an hour, staring at the people beneath me. Another hour passed, and nothing happened. But near Dusk, he came out. Beomara was exposed, unprotected. I stroked my Sniper rifle, targeted his heart, and pulled the trigger.

The gun was as good as silent, and within the second, Beomara lay on the floor. Dead. Non of the people around him could be bothered looking whether he was alright or not, no. They just stepped over and by him. Like ants.

I packed up my rifle, and headed back the the Snikmorder encampment. When i left the building i heard a scream. Some one had noticed the dead Beomara. It took me nearly 45 minutes to leave the building.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 09-01-2008

The next page was covered in blood, old blood, but blood. I turned it.

Page four

Beauty untamed
Beauty raw.
Beauty so pure
Makes me roar.

I sat on one of the hills just outside of the camp. Watching the new ones being destroyed by the Drill instructor. It was rather amusing. I watched for nearly an hour, maybe more. Then laid myself down on the grass with my hands behind my head, and closed my eyes. I heard twigs snap behind my head, and opened my eyes. What i witnessed there was not the beauty of the stars, not the raw beauty of the Lilian Nebula, with it's blue and pink flares. No, what i witnessed there was something far more beautiful. Something far more...Far more special. Her short blond hair hanging next to her face. Her stunning blue-red eyes staring down on me.
Nilara.

Nilara. An old friend of mine who i have known since i first arrived on the Snikmorder camp. We finished training about the same time, only two weeks apart. Her cherry red lips smiled at me.

There was a short but sweet "Hi" coming from those lips. Followed by a "Hey" comming from mine.
"Hi" And "Hey". The first words spoken between us in two whole years. Since her first assignment, since her mark. My brother.

She reached out to me, i grabbed her hand, and she pulled me up. Our eye's we're now on the same level. Staring deeply into each other. We stared for about twenty minutes. Not unpleasant staring, but deep, thorough staring. Drowning into each other's eye's. A perfect moment.

Then all of the sudden, a tear appeared on her face. A tear as beautiful as cristal. She started crying, and pulled me towards her. "I'm sorry", she said. I'm sorry.

I held her close and stroked her head. "Forgiven, love. Forgiven".

We lay down in the grass during the night, staring at the beautiful stars. The beautiful clouds and nebula's, until she finally fell asleep on my chest.

Forgiven, love. Forgiven.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 09-04-2008

Page Five

A second one.
You got the taste.
Prove yourself.
Don't go to waste.

Last night was perfect. The moons, the stars, and the sun. Their beauty. Non of it matched Nilara's. Her short blonde hair, her warm and caring eyes. Everything was perfect. Almost like..Like..No, no. Not now. The Mark's waiting, and i need to stay focused. Doctor Phila. Doctor..Phila. A medical genius. Responsible for several of this century's genetic breakthrough's. Why anyone would want him dead is beyond me. But who am i to question. I have my mark. And i have my rifle. I looked around me and noticed a Raven sitting on the balcony. A black, beautiful Raven. I stroked my rifle down it's barrel and waited..

The waiting did not last long. After about fifteen minutes my mark came outside. The slide doors of the hospital opened, and there he was. Phila. "It's an honor", i thought to myself. A tall man in his late Fifty's. A grey beard with a typical old man moustache. Easy to recognize. Easy to take down. As Phila stepped towards his black Limousine, i targeted his heart. I praised my ancestors and pulled the trigger.

There was a silent plof as the weapon went off. It struck the old man in the heart, to which he fell dead towards the ground. His driver seemed to notice, and actually care for once. He got out and started screaming. What it was that he screamed was unimportant to me. I packed up my rifle and left the hotel room, climbed down the stairs and got on my Motor bike. I slid the windshield down of my helmet as i left. Another job well done. Another too easy job done. Another life, gone.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 09-29-2008

Page 6

Treachery
You blink, you turn
Treachery
You blink, you turn
You get stabbed in the back

I rode my bike back to an apartment that i rented in town. It was a nice place. Not too big, not too small. I had a nice balcony to look down onto the masses of people and enough room too store my necessity's.
I rode my bike around the back, stored it in the shed and went upstairs. Despite the fact that it's the year 2145, this building still lacks an elevator. And the huge gun on my back wasn't making it easier either.

I arrived at my door, only to find it slightly open. The lock didn't look forced so i figured that i must'v left it open on my way out. I pushed it open, turned around and locked the door, then faced the room.
Everything was completely torn apart. The window's were shattered, the table and cabins torn apart and destroyed. My bedchamber was completely ruined and my bed shredded. I quickly checked the other rooms but found nothing but ruined furniture and broken doors. I walked back into the central room with my hands in my hair, when i saw a feather. A red purple colored feather.

I looked for things that we're intact and could be used. I packed them up in my backpack, then headed back for the sanctuary.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 09-30-2008

Page 7

A new twist
A turn
Something new
Something to learn

I drove my bike to the encampment through the forest that lay close by, hoping to distract myself from the state i found my apartment in, but mainly from the question, "Why"? No one but the grandmaster knew about my location, so investigation was easily ruled out. Ah well.

I shook my head and kept on driving. The forest of Kama was beautiful this time of year. The tree's were green and brown in their purest form. The creek that ran close by was filled with birds bathing. It's sound was easy to hear due to the silence of the bike which seemed more beautiful and powerful than ever before. The black sides, the handles, and the tires. Like a lion on wheels.

The moment continued for what seemed to be forever as i kept on driving along the main road. Perfection, tranquility, peace. Perfection. Perfection quickly torn apart as i heard a woman's scream coming from close by. Something was obviously wrong. I pulled my bike over along the side of the dirt road, grabbed the pistol from below my seat and walked into the direction of the scream.

I quickened my pace after hearing another scream, followed by another until i was all of the sudden running as fast i could. After no more than thirty seconds i entered an opening in the tree's through which a small creek ran. There i witnessed something that made my blood boil with anger in it's purest and sweetest form. I witnessed a man holding down a screaming and struggling woman. He was sitting on her legs and holding down her arms with force. Her clothes were torn open making a blood red cut on her arm visible.

My face turned dark as my murderous grin appeared on my just smiling face. I drew not my gun, but my knife and calmly walked up to the man who didn't seem to notice me. After what seemed an eternity i stood behind him. I lifted my knife up in the air, and planted it in the back of his neck forcing it out the other way. I twisted it, once, twice, again. It felt good. He fell with his face to the ground as i rolled him over, making him face me. I laughed like a maniac as i lifted my knife and started hacking all over his body. I kept going for nearly three minutes, then stopped. He had already died after the second slash.

The woman lying on the ground was unconscious. I quickly went to get my bike, parked it near her, ripped open my shirt and started binding her wounds. I waited for her to awake.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 10-04-2008

Page 8

A taste of new
a taste of old.
The world adapts
but why so bold?

I waited for nearly half a day. The trees and animals were as beautiful as they were nearly a day ago. The river's remained a calming sight. And then there was the somewhat amusing but also disturbing sight. The sight of the man with a gaping hole in his neck lying directly in the little stream. He had already lost over three quarters of his blood to the stream, but every now and then you could still see bits dripping out and flowing away. A most amusing sight. It was a good thing that the girl was unconscious too, i thought to myself. She would probably have been more scared of me than the man after witnessing what i had done. Ah well.

After another hour i lifted the carcass up and threw it over the cliff. Might be a good thing for the girl to not see it at all when she awoke. If she awoke, i started to ask myself. It was getting dark again. The two moons started to shine their beauty down on us. Reflected in the moonlight, it looked even more beautiful. So did the still unconscious girl. I hadn't taken a good look at her until now. Brunette, green eyes and a slightly tanned skin, somewhere in her 20's too. The typical looks of one of the people from across the Iron ocean. They normally don't travel to our lands. "Too primitive", they always say. Too primitive. Bastards. Their higher-than-thou way of living would one day get them into trouble, of that i was sure.

Nightfall. Pure darkness had taken over the perfection of the woods. The girl still hadn't awoken. I figured i couldn't remain in these woods for Ronai knows how long. I started my bike, lifted her up, and tied her around my back so she wouldn't fall off. It wasn't comfortable, but it did the job. "What on Vana do you need a rope for during an assassination?" Sila said. This should show'm.

We drove for several hours. Through forests, mountains, and tunnels until we finally reached the Snikmorder camp high up in the Everlong mountains. It's mighty but unseen gates stood guard over the entrance. The sensation you felt while they opened was in one word amazing. Everytime your hairs would rise and you would feel a chill across your skin. I drove inside, with the girl stil on my back. The trainee's were being marched across the encampment in the purest of darkness. Screaming out what their instructor had told them. Proper discipline. It's what the world lacks these days. I parked my bike outside of my quarters, untied the -stil- unconscious girl and lifted her inside. I put her on the bed, and sat down on the couch. Comfortable, calm, lovely couch.

Slightly nodding off, i waited for her to awake.

Masiro Vilende - Exile - 10-05-2008

Page 9

Two of one
The same anew
Two of one
It will all become undone

I waited, and i waited. I lost track of the time, and nodded off a for a few minutes every once and a while. The girl lay silent still. It looked as if she was asleep, dreaming. She smiled and mubmled a few times while her eyes remained shut. An amusing, if not adorable sight. But also a most welcome one. After a few mumbles, she awoke. Her eyes as green as the most beautiful of emeralds looked at me curious, if not frightened. She asked where she was, what had happened, and how she got here. The questions anyone in a movie would ask. I explained to her what had happened with the man in the Kama forest and where she was located now. When i asked her name she replied with "Sita Nermune". Nermune. It somehow sounded familiar yet unknown. Figuring it was nothing, i asked her about the man assaulting her. Strangely, she claimed to have no knowledge of any man. Maybe she was traumatized, maybe she was lying, maybe she just forgot. It matters not. I walked her to doctor Tricobcheck's and left her there to be examined.

"I should pay Nilara a visit", i thought to myself.