Discovery Gaming Community
Future of Discovery - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Future of Discovery (/showthread.php?tid=114553)

Pages: 1 2 3

Future of Discovery - Vasuv - 04-16-2014

Freelancer is a old game now 11 years old
The community has made the original game a lot better
But there is a limit to how much we can modify a thing & we even don't have the source codes
So should we scout for a new game to modify & make a freelancer version
Star citizen should be a ideal choice since Roberts has said that everyone & anyone is allowed to modify the game

Your thoughts

RE: Future of Discovery - Zayne Carrick - 04-16-2014

You obviously haven't been here for too long. Threads like this are appearing every month.

RE: Future of Discovery - Venture - 04-16-2014

(04-16-2014, 05:54 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: You obviously haven't been here for too long. Threads like this are appearing every month.

I second this.

RE: Future of Discovery - evanz - 04-16-2014

DISCO

has been around for a good few years now, people/players have built up a huge history of ideas/family/rules/thoughts/progression

its idea of the freelancer game has progressed from what the original was, to what it is now, the devs in their unrelenting love of it and their free time, and not paid, have kept it alive through all their hard work and dedication

so really disco wont die, if it does, which i hope not, it would only be by the way of, migration to another similar game, if its star citizen or another, then fine, ill be so there with them

thank you devs and admins for the past last years and hopefully the future years to come

i think its about time, we gave thanks to them, its not their fault things are going bad at the moment

ok ass kiss time over, please sort server, I NEED TO FLY!!!

RE: Future of Discovery - Strichev - 04-16-2014

(04-16-2014, 05:54 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: You obviously haven't been here for too long. Threads like this are appearing every month.

Vasuv
(Member)

Registration Date: 05-09-2010

Zayne Carrick
(Member)

Registration Date: 04-13-2012

I find this rather amusing. Does anyone agree? Or are there alts at work again?

RE: Future of Discovery - Zayne Carrick - 04-16-2014

Quote:I find this rather amusing. Does anyone agree? Or are there alts at work again?
Lolwut? I was saying that vasuv seemed to made a major break before appearing here again. Maybe it was 1 year, maybe 2.

And, everyone, don't judge people by their registration date/postcount.

RE: Future of Discovery - Explorer487 - 04-16-2014

Well. I think the thread creator has a point. But at the same time, I think all the efforts should be focused on getting the current game/Server working again. After all, Star Citizen won't be out for quite a while yet.

RE: Future of Discovery - Strichev - 04-16-2014

I didn't sense that in your post, sorry. My English can let me down in some cases.

Besides, I'm not judging anyone by their registration date. There are far too many alts around for that to work.

RE: Future of Discovery - Lonely_Ghost - 04-16-2014

Why not to transfer community to another game, however, I dobut, that SC going to be like FL. It's more like Ultra X series game, rather than FL.

RE: Future of Discovery - SnakThree - 04-16-2014

(04-16-2014, 07:30 PM)Lonely_Ghost Wrote: Why not to transfer community to another game, however, I dobut, that SC going to be like FL. It's more like Ultra X series game, rather than FL.

Because not worth the trouble.