Discovery Gaming Community
RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! (/showthread.php?tid=114778)

Pages: 1 2

RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Petitioner - 04-23-2014

Hey Flood. Just thought I'd share with y'all that Red Orchestra 2 is free on Steam today, and only today. If you start downloading it today, it is a permanent fixture on your account; it's not enough to just claim it, you have to start the download, too.

Since people have been asking me, I think if you pause the download you can pick it up tomorrow, but don't quote me on it. To be safe, just download the whole game today.

EDIT: Another question people have been asking is if you have to download all four parts of the game today. The answer is probably no, because they're all the same "game" to Steam, just with four different executables. So downloading any one part should "claim" everything for your account. Remember, though, I'm only downloading it for the first time myself! I'd still recommend to download as many parts as you can, just to be safe, but if you have a bandwidth cap or something, just download either the singleplayer or the multiplayer and do the rest some other day.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Cashew - 04-23-2014

Dayum, 10 hour download time! Will it download in time!?

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - t0l - 04-23-2014

Already got it in a Humble Bundle some time back.

Good fun.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Strichev - 04-23-2014

Excellent!

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Petitioner - 04-23-2014

(04-23-2014, 06:48 PM)Cashew Wrote: Dayum, 10 hour download time! Will it download in time!?

As long as you're still downloading it, even when today ends, you should be fine.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Cashew - 04-23-2014

(04-23-2014, 07:13 PM)Kaiwren Wrote:
(04-23-2014, 06:48 PM)Cashew Wrote: Dayum, 10 hour download time! Will it download in time!?

As long as you're still downloading it, even when today ends, you should be fine.

It dropped to 50 minutes luckily ^-^ Nice to know if my internet does have seizures then it won't stop downloading.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - SMGSterlin - 04-23-2014

Installing it on my account and my friend's, even though neither of us will probably ever play it.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - t0l - 04-23-2014

[Image: pm6KalW.gif]

This is kinda how I feel in this game.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Narcotic - 04-23-2014

At first I thought of downloading it because free. But then I realized that I'd never play it.

RE: RO2 FREE on Steam today, and today only! - Astraea - 04-24-2014

(04-23-2014, 09:28 PM)Narcotic Wrote: At first I thought of downloading it because free. But then I realized that I'd never play it.

but its free.