Discovery Gaming Community
Tug/Freighter Model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Tug/Freighter Model (/showthread.php?tid=11482)

Pages: 1 2

Tug/Freighter Model - Tenacity - 08-21-2008

Well, initially I was trying to make a replacement for the X shuttle, then this thing took an entirely different direction and turned into some kind of bare-bones construction vehicle.

It's got an off-center cockpit, which could make flying annoying (but I like asymmetrical ships :P), and there's two "magnetic clamps" on the front and back of the ship that attach to the Cargo Container slung below. That gives it the appearance of being a short range tug-like ship that can move numerous cargo pods around quickly, perhaps more of a planet-side vehicle or something that would be used at a shipyard.

Color Code!:
Yellow = transparent cockpit panels
Red = engine stuff (the grill on the front and the engines on the back
Dark Blue = Turret mounts, there's three of them only - could perhaps be set up to use transport turrets, but they'd probably look ridiculously huge on the model.
Light blue = cargo container on the bottom

[Image: 168x25z.jpg]
[Image: 25tjb87.jpg]
[Image: 2hx2k4w.jpg]
[Image: 14b8aox.jpg]
[Image: 2evqf79.jpg]
[Image: 25up6wy.jpg]
[Image: 10nyrn5.jpg]
[Image: b6vqfd.jpg]
[Image: nl3lzm.jpg]

Tug/Freighter Model - Tenacity - 08-22-2008

wow, not even one flame =(

Tug/Freighter Model - Novakiller - 08-22-2008

the front is similar to the millenium falcon, but more square

i like it

Tug/Freighter Model - jimmy Patterson - 08-22-2008

zomg tenacity can model i did not know this looks good so far

' Wrote:zomg tenacity can model i did not know this looks good so far

wha? you mean you havent seen my totally awesome junker bomber model yet?
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=21951&st=0

Tug/Freighter Model - TDLdark - 08-22-2008

A nice ship but

I don't think the cockpit should be connected like that...with 3 bars...I wouldn't feel safe. That seems to be the biggest thing that strikes me.

In addition, The magnetic clips look nice, but the cargo pod....looks kinda of odd just sticking out. Perhaps if you moved it up and cleared more space in the middle, it would look better, or perhaps add something below the ships to the side. Right now, its just this pod, just kinda hanging there.

' Wrote:A nice ship but

I don't think the cockpit should be connected like that...with 3 bars...I wouldn't feel safe. That seems to be the biggest thing that strikes me.

In addition, The magnetic clips look nice, but the cargo pod....looks kinda of odd just sticking out. Perhaps if you moved it up and cleared more space in the middle, it would look better, or perhaps add something below the ships to the side. Right now, its just this pod, just kinda hanging there.

Hm... not sure how else i could change the cockpit. All those engine tubes are in the way.

Anyways, the cargo pod is -supposed- to 'just hang there'. Think of the ship as constantly picking up and setting down cargo pods, moving them around a shipyard or something. That's kinda what I was going for, a small-ish freighter for construction or shipyard maintenance.

Tug/Freighter Model - El Nino - 08-22-2008

' Wrote:wow, not even one flame =(

lol wut, it's beautiful.... I'd fly it any day! give it those 6 guns x-shutle has, on one side, and turrets around the place.... hehe, make it a nice little weapon's platform... Well it's nice. Texture and submit!

but I cannuh texture cap'n =(

Tug/Freighter Model - El Nino - 08-22-2008

Hm, it cannot be that hard can it? Learn that and hardpointing... and you're on you way to become one of the great modelers around here:)..