Discovery Gaming Community
Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive (/showthread.php?tid=115044)

Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Zen_Mechanics - 05-03-2014

Create Theta>Beta/ or Eta hole
Bring back alpha>tau
Bring back Minor>alaska
Bring back Hamburg>Bering>Texas Gates
Remove for a short period, pvp death time limit to 0 - ( this may cause issues - but wont let the people who die log-off )
Shrink omega-47 further
Shrink sigma-13
buff un-used items ( specificly ones found in omicrons )
Open some unique ships ( no, not the umbrage >< )
Give each un-official/official TRADE faction a barge - and demand escrot if one wishes to move into another system - else sanction em'
Enable /beam cmds to players - but only to stations that are affiliated with their faction ( this may cause issues )

Others feel free to submit their ideas
One point, all of the above is not perm - its to encourage encounters until were in a good status

Some of the points are.. insane, but drastic measures to ease on players can help alot.

Removing systems not going to do the trick.

Also, if anyone wants to critisize me for my insane ideas - feel free to do so, but dont insult me. I want this place alive and these are the things that people ( well, from a sample of one ) need to ease pressure from the current game mechanics

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Sath - 05-03-2014

Most of it seems to be fair enough, the first part of the system connections are more than welcome. The death limit turned to 0, it will create lolwuttism and I dont see it hampering players fun, as it is now.

Barges to factions/unofficial factions. Hell no. Already I see some powertrading barges jumping here and there, with minimum to no interaction at all. This makes the situation worse. Trading also, in most ways, has not been hampered. And as far as I have seen, the owner of Barges are the ones that are never involved in any forum RP, or even in game RP. Just logging barges and giving no damn to anything.

For me, I would like to start off by looking into the faction tracker, and try to figure out what is the cause of inactivity of a particular faction, starting from the most inactive faction, either by enquiring the players, searching the forums, or just looking at the changes that have been made, which could have possibly affected their activity.

Then, I can move my attention to other general issues, and indy players. Just my opinions on approaching how to solve this chaos caused in recent weeks.

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - irritinus - 05-04-2014

(05-03-2014, 10:49 PM)Moriarty. Wrote: Most of it seems to be fair enough, the first part of the system connections are more than welcome. The death limit turned to 0, it will create lolwuttism and I dont see it hampering players fun, as it is now.

true but what if we change the rule of the death limit :
for caps it will be 1 hour and max 2 respawns every 4 hours
and for fighters and bombers it will be 5 minutes and max 4 respawns every hour
and for gunboats it will be 10 minutes and max 3 respawns every 1,5 hour

it will prevent that lolwuttism
and it gives more activity

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Pavel - 05-06-2014

Discovery Mod General Discussion

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Kirill - 05-11-2014

Yeah, .beam
You are trader. You buy cargo, beam to other station, undock, fly a bit and sell it. Fast cash?
You are military. Someone notifies you that there is a pirate in house 2-3 systems from you. You dock, beam, and undock near him, same with 4-5 players. Gank?
Give everyone unlimited money and admin rights better then.

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Narcotic - 05-11-2014

You should address your request to the devs. Only a minority of admins are also devs.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Create Theta>Beta/ or Eta hole
Bring back alpha>tau

Buffer systems got introduced mainly for economic reasons. Adding shortcuts like these, as much as I'd approve, is no easy thing. It'd mess up the whole economic.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Bring back Minor>alaska

Same as above, but also Minor isn't an activity hub anymore like it was before with Planet Toledo and Isis.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Bring back Hamburg>Bering>Texas Gates

In fact the jumpholes are not much of an obstacle for Texas/Hamburg raids. Though, it truly failed to change the war location to NH. This change pretty much killed RM/LN activity.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Remove for a short period, pvp death time limit to 0 - ( this may cause issues - but wont let the people who die log-off )

Worth a try. Could do a one week test period. Eventhough this would make things quite ooRP. Rather set it down again for another hour.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Shrink omega-47 further
Shrink sigma-13

Whole economic (sell/buy prices) would need to be adjusted. Or other systems would need be enlarged. I remember that Das Wilde requested to have Omega-55's jumphole distances lowered. Yet, they were increased with the latest updates...

Moving stations closer together is an alternative to create a smaller interaction area.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: buff un-used items ( specificly ones found in omicrons )

To my knowledge, most commodities got a similar profit profil. Problem is, that there's no trade lanes in the Omicrons. There's no industry in the Omicrons. And trading there in general makes little sense inRP. (Except for food/fuel.)

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Open some unique ships ( no, not the umbrage >< )

They are open (via SRP). I didn't asked nobody if the Necrosis is for open use when I requested it. Plus, there's not many unique ships. And most for them got a RP background which justifies them being unique (Tundra, Persephone, Kusari Imperial Yacht, Necrosis). Phantom ships are relicts and not part of the Sirius RP anymore.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Give each un-official/official TRADE faction a barge - and demand escrot if one wishes to move into another system - else sanction em'

I agree.
(05-11-2014, 12:05 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Restrict Barges to official factions (maybe obtainable instead of the CAU8).

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Enable /beam cmds to players - but only to stations that are affiliated with their faction ( this may cause issues )

I like. Of course this'd be only possible to use when being docked (like /conn (requiring empy cargo)). I'd make shared accounts or duplicated RP ships make redundant. Could be nice feature to attract official factions by restricting it to them.

(05-03-2014, 10:42 PM)Zen_Mechanics Wrote: Others feel free to submit their ideas

Just one; make becoming part of the dev team easier (even for newcomers). Let their voices be heard. They're Disco's future, not us inactive/leaving veterans.

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - Zen_Mechanics - 05-11-2014

All of the above to my taste, should increase activity ( that is - if I was a character in those places ). I can't speak on the behalf of everyone but I do hope to see what o have suggested slightly adjusted and implemented ( with the original idea ). And thank you simon for elaborating

RE: Request to Admins - Keep this place alive - An'shur - 05-11-2014

In short: PvP death time could be 1 hour. Ideas about jump holes and gates are good all. I loved RM-LN events and it would be good to bring them back Smile Bringing back Minor-Alaska can create environment for LN-Nomads events (if Nomad ZOI widened to Alaska of course) Shrinking Sigma 13? Ok, I don't like drastic changes (not tradelanes and bases=historic events) in vanilla systems Smile But your ideas are great, not insane Smile
One thing I don't understand: Why developers made suns distanced from each other? Like in Omicron Delta... And I don't understand why Privas planetary cluster was replaced with single planet. Please someone explain it Big Grin
Have a nice day! Smile