Discovery Gaming Community
The log of Director William Chaffin - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The log of Director William Chaffin (/showthread.php?tid=115225)

The log of Director William Chaffin - Vendetta - 05-09-2014

Log 01, 821 A.S, Friday.

Chaffin sat in his high-back chair, facing out the window of Capetown. He slowly reached up and rubbed his chin, sighing as he thought to himself.

" I do not accept failure as an option. Failure is a delay that we must overcome." He said, speaking to himself as the room recorded his voice. " The actions we commit here will set an example to others. No matter the opinion people make of us, we have one goal, and we will strive to complete it. Nothing shall stand in our way."

He crossed his legs, gently leaning back in to his chair. Several Manta-class fighters flew past the window as he stared outside.

" What research we do within our Division is not to be spoken to anyone. Our operatives have an obligation to accept that. As of today, no testing has been done. However, Chairman Jackson has managed to secure visual evidence of a new Warship the Order, also know as the self-proclaimed Vanguards of Humanity have had hidden away in a dark matter cloud. With luck, and further investigation, we can find out just what exactly he found, and get our hands on it as soon as possible. "

Chaffin turned his chair to face his desk. He reached to the keyboard built in to the left hand side and hit the "end" button.

RE: The log of Director William Chaffin - Vendetta - 05-14-2014

Log 02, 821 A.S Wednesday.

Chaffin is standing on the observation deck of the Mako class Battleship, designated "Big Daddy". His hands are behind his back as he watched outside as the ship cruised through Omicron Rho, returning from it's latest mission.

"I have been reasonable enough to this point, and with Jackson failing to inform me of his attempt at negotiations with the Zoners I have deemed a threat, I suppose I shall give diplomacy one final try. With the latest report from Helmsman Adrian Wilks, he has located three more stations, one of which belongs to the Zoner Alliance, the other, to another faction that we have had no contact with in our time since the division launched. The last station, as Wilks informed me, he was unable to get information on it's owners. This is troublesome."

He begun to slowly walk along the window, towards the console on the wall, which recorded his voice. The display showed a new message incoming. Chaffin ignored it, and continued his log.

" I am a man of action, and as long as the division is under my command, we will achieve our goals by any means. Despite this groups neutrality, they have a long and bloody history. They are a threat, and with our agents confirming their possession of advanced technology, nomad remains and other equipment that is valuable to our research, they must be dealt with. Unfortunately, the Chairmen disagree with my plan of action, and believe we should try diplomacy. I. Hate. Diplomacy."

Chaffin reaches for a button on the console, pressing it to view the message. He ends his log.