Discovery Gaming Community
DELETE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: DELETE (/showthread.php?tid=115291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

DELETE - SnakThree - 05-11-2014

DELETE

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - Connor - 05-11-2014

Devs and Admins have implemented stuff into the game that aren't available on other mods. Why should we get rid of them?

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - Sath - 05-11-2014

Keep it just for the official factions, as they seem to be using it wisely. Remove it for those indys who just do that for getting money, more quieter than ever before.

Since, it is easy as chips to get a BS and mount a JD4 onto it, which, even a 2 month old player can do.

Or, apart from the official factions Jumpships, make the other ones SRP.

All this applies for JD4 aka the "silent traders insta cash device".

If this is done so, the barges may retain the ability to jump trade. There is no point in not allowing things that are put to good use by the official factions, since they don't usually exploit it.

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - aakopa - 05-11-2014

(05-11-2014, 11:54 AM)Moriarty. Wrote: Keep it just for the official factions, as they seem to be using it wisely. Remove it for those indys who just do that for getting money, more quieter than ever before.

Since, it is easy as chips to get a BS and mount a JD4 onto it, which, even a 2 month old player can do.

Or, apart from the official factions Jumpships, make the other ones SRP.

All this applies for JD4 aka the "silent traders insta cash device".

If this is done so, the barges may retain the ability to jump trade. There is no point in not allowing things that are put to good use by the official factions, since they don't usually exploit it.
+1

DELETE

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - Jack_Henderson - 05-11-2014

I tried jumptrading.
It is horrible.
It is oorp, from start to end.
You have no chance to roleplay jumping because all you have to do is:

> have a neutral like hell jumpship that is oorp in most places
> keep the NPCs from tractoring your fuel
> type: "Closer! Closer!"
> type: "Don't bump!!!!"
> and do everything so far off plane that no one can spot it.

In a multiplayer game, jumptrading is an activity that creates invisible, untraceable activity and denies the chance of interaction.

When IMG did it, all convoying, all coop, all rp while convoying stopped and when I saw what it does to regular activity, I banned it from the IMG fully. Since then, our Barges are additional storage on PoBs, and this is it.

I voted for "Ban Barge jumping" because I figure some base suppliers need it when they are far out of civilised space. And at least jumping transports needs manpower and group activity, even though the kind of group activity is not what I like. But some might, so... that part can stay in, as it is in the sense of a multiplayer game if you coop.

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - Connor - 05-11-2014

But the thing is guys, there aren't many people Jump Trading and the money they make will go to ships that will ether be lawfuls or unlawfuls and they'll be targets to be shot at.

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - Tunicle - 05-11-2014

Jack mind read what I was typing.

Maybe keep jumping for the military factions so they can get to troublespots easily.

(barges and their ownership is a bit of a problem whether with jump or not)

RE: Jumptrading. Keep or remove? - Narcotic - 05-11-2014

Restrict Barges to official factions (maybe obtainable instead of the CAU8).

I didn't even knew that jump trading is still possible... let alone with Barges. Explains why I haven't seen a Barge since ages.

DELETE