Discovery Gaming Community
The Dublin Derby - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: The Dublin Derby (/showthread.php?tid=116003)

Pages: 1 2

The Dublin Derby - Highland Laddie - 05-30-2014

[Image: th?id=HN.608037811586991058&pid=15.1]

What: Racing event
Where: Dublin system at the racing track near the HMS Hood
When: Saturday, June 14. 8:00 p.m. GMT
Who: lawful/quasi-lawful ships whose sponsors are not deemed hostile or at war with Bretonia.

Back-story:

In an effort to continue corporate growth and influence within Bretonia, while also promoting economic cooperation and friendly competition between both friends and rivals, Gateway Shipping has decided to sponsor a racing event in cooperation with the Independent Miner's Guild to help bring in life and money to help the war-economy (and Gateway's own coffers, of course).

Who can Participate:

-Ships must be considered non-hostile to Bretonia (pirates/terrorists will hopefully be kept away) (please...no Reavers...unless you're going to race).
-All participants must pay an entry fee of 2,000,000 credits, sent to Gateway|-GSX-Sapphire and should fill out the entry form below
-There will be 2 racing divisions: Freighters (cargo < 700 units)and Small/Medium Transports (cargo should not exceed 3,800). This reflects the "corporate" nature of Gateway, in wanting to see just how well pilots can fly the non-snubs. House corporations are particularly encouraged to attend.

The Race(s):
I'm still looking to iron out the details, but I would like to hold a series of heats of anywhere from 2-4 ships (depending on how many actually show up), where the winners will advance to the final heat, which will determine the final placing.

Prizes: Gateway will be putting up cash prizes in total of 100,000,000 credits as follows (betting on the side not included):

Freighter Division:
1st place: 50,000,000
2nd place: 25,000,000
3rd place: 10,000,000
4th-6th place: 5,000,000

Small-Medium Transport Division
1st place: 50,000,000
2nd place: 25,000,000
3rd place: 10,000,000
4th-6th place: 5,000,000

Entry Form:

Ship Name:
Ship type:
Race Division:
Ship ID:
Sponsor: (does not necessarily have to match ID)
Entry fee proof: link

RE: The Dublin Derby - Jack_Henderson - 05-30-2014

[Image: jack.png]

**** SENDER: Jack Henderson, IMG Operations Coordination ****

**** TO: Open Transmission ****

Dear Racers, dear racing fans,

I would like to greet you as the Independent Miners Guild's racing event coordinator and I love to welcome you as guests, participants, sponsors, or employees at the IMG Hood for the Gateway Dublin Derby.

Your security, your wellbeing, your accomodation and enjoyment at the event are the top priorities of the Guild and thus we have invested into the modernization of the race track, as well as in renovations on board of the IMG Hood.

The Independent Miners Guild is happy to announce to inject another 50 million credits into the event that will be distributed to the winners.

Moreover, the Guild will send a Home Team into the race, hoping that they would be a hard challenge to all the professional and amateur racers. Independent Dublin racers are encouraged to fly for the IMG, and we are willing to sponsor racers that find themselves in financial trouble with additional 50 million credits.

Furthermore IMG Defense will be providing security and medical services during the event in addition to Gateway and Bretonian Authorities. In case the event gets as big as we expect, the IMG will be hiring trusted freelancers to help with the task of keeping the peace.

We are looking forward to tense races, good fun and may the best win.

Jack Henderson
IMG Dublin

[Image: end.png]

RE: The Dublin Derby - Cashew - 06-05-2014

[Image: CharlotteBrooksTBAR_zps8cd72c02.jpg]

Good day,

Seems word leaked out to one of our Captains *She laughs* and by popular demand we have decided to authorise our vessels to participate in this race. Hopefully this should forge some new friendships. Good luck to all who take part! *She smiles and ends the transmission*

Long live the Queen!

Commanding Officer Charlotte Brooks

==|==End of Transmission==|==

RE: The Dublin Derby - Stoner_Steve - 06-05-2014

[Image: NyYZ28f.png]

Dudde, like a race man, sounds pretty chill. Will there be snacks?
Ship Name: Stoner.Steve
Ship type: Renzu Corp "Anki" Civilian Freighter
Race Division: Freighter
Ship ID: Freelancer
Sponsor: None
Entry fee proof: Receipt
[Image: 8cQT7by.png]

RE: The Dublin Derby - Highland Laddie - 06-06-2014

NOTICE:

// Race time has changed to 8:00 p.m. GMT, as RL has made it so I could not host it at the earlier time. If this affects anyone (namely Captain_Nemo) who has already committed to race and can no longer do so, let me know and you'll get your entry fee back.

Otherwise....SIGN UP and RACE! Smile

RE: The Dublin Derby - PlasmaSabre - 06-09-2014

// I'd love to attend this event, but I am a little confused with the times. I'm in NZ, GMT+12, and daylight savings has ended. I would greatly appreciate someone confirming whether this event will be 7:00am or 8:00am for me.
Thanks.

RE: The Dublin Derby - Stoner_Steve - 06-09-2014

I'll still be there

Event time is 8 pm GMT
1pm PDT
8 am Auckland New Zealand

Edit:

Click Me For A Time Zone Converter For This Event

RE: The Dublin Derby - PlasmaSabre - 06-11-2014

This is going to be an interesting race, i'm looking forward to that 50mil that'll soon be mine. Big Grin
Enclosed is an extra 2 million SC for my friend who may make it to Dublin in time for the race.

Ship Name: James.West
Ship type: B-27-E "Clydesdale"
Ship ID: Bowex
Sponsor: None
Entry fee proof: Here

// i invited a friend over, hopefully he can come (and we get up before 8am Big Grin) so he'll quickly create a new char and probably fly an Anki with a Bretonian ID of some sort. If not, just keep the 4mil.

EDIT: //Just realized this is on Sunday for me, not Saturday as I'd thought. 80% chance i wont be able to attend Sad

RE: The Dublin Derby - Highland Laddie - 06-13-2014

Ship Name: Gateway|-GSV-Lucky.Jack
Ship type: Renzu-Anki
Ship ID: Gateway
Sponsor: Gateway Shipping Inc.
Entry fee proof: Gateway| flies free Tongue

@Tankintetic - if you know for sure you can't attend, let me know and I'll refund you the entry fee. Hope you can make it. Smile

RE: The Dublin Derby - Highland Laddie - 06-14-2014

ATTENTION!

Racing will be starting in approximately 1 hour. Last chance to sign up. I'll probably allow show-ups at the gate...but it'll be 5M registration fee.