Discovery Gaming Community
Diplomatic Conference Channel - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: Diplomatic Conference Channel (/showthread.php?tid=11622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Diplomatic Conference Channel - worldstrider - 08-27-2008

The only provocations to house authorities by Junkers that need to be avoided by us are the following:

1) Junkers who join criminals in attacks on lawful or civilian vessels within their territories.
2) The use of banned weapons and vessels in house space. We are as bound by the law there as others.
3) Trespass into house military or off-limits systems.
4) The open endorsement of and trafficking of contraband items in house space.
5) Acts of piracy.
6) Interference with house police or military operations.

So long as the above are taken care of appropriately, the law has no reason for reaction to our presence.

Diplomatic Conference Channel - farmerman - 08-27-2008

Good day to you fellow Junker associates. This is Roger Thompson, captain of the Oneiropolis and chief proprietor of its related businesses.

If there are problems with our Junker brothers committing acts that might blacken our own public relations, perhaps we should have less business dealings with them? What will they do when they're down in Rheinland and suddenly the Union tells them their credits aren't any good there? Or they need some repairs in Texas?

Once they realize what's what, I'm sure they'll act in more, shall we say, subtle ways to avoid such incidents in the future. And if they reform, we can always resume business dealings.

Diplomatic Conference Channel - Tenacity - 08-27-2008

Thompson hits on my point precisely. It has been a common act in the past for junker stations to 'toss out', if you will, troublemakers who have proven to be more hassle than they are worth (//our ID/infocards suggest this). Individuals under the Junker flag who choose to be careless when hauling contraband goods, or who choose to openly attack and provoke those who could retaliate with more force than we are capable of handling, should be denied access to our stations until they shape their act up.

This isnt so much an issue in Rheinland, but the Junker Guards Party has been a bit wreckless within rheinland space lately and I will not risk that activity bringing retaliation against our stations. A good example is the open hostility the junker guards display towards bounty hunters, often attacking them on sight with no substantial reason - this behavior causes problems for those of us who are trying to maintain a lawful presence within the house.

In Liberty, it is a much larger problem. We have individuals flying under Junker identification who haul slaves, and while I find slave trade abbhorable it is the manner in which these slaves are being moved that I find most concerning. I do not know how these individuals have gained access to zone 21 and the alaska system, but they are flying through some of the most hostile territory in Sirius in order to commit this slave trade - and that puts a severe amount of pressure on all other Junkers from the Liberty navy and security forces. Not only that, but these junkers are additionally moving through the omicron 100 system and thus are attracting the wrath of the Order against us, which we previously had no issues with.

Furthermore, many of these junkers have no withholdings when it comes to helping the criminal groups of liberty against the navy, police, and LSF. These hostile actions draw even more threat against the rest of us from Liberty.

It seems to me that too many Junkers out there right now have no concept of how to maintain nuetrality, and are too eager to join sides in any conflict. What happened to sitting on the sidelines to watch - and profit from - combat between others? Again, we are not fighters, and that is something which seems to remain misunderstood by so many of the new Junkers in the ranks. They are young, careless, and have no concept of responsibility or consequences for their actions.

Diplomatic Conference Channel - Tenacity - 08-28-2008

Another note of importance that concerns all junkers - there have been numerous groups pirating within sigma 13 lately, and they continue to use Yanagi Station as a base of operations. This cannot be tolerated - it draws bounty hunters to our station, causes uncontrollable hostile fire between those bounty hunters and the pirates, and is an extreme risk for the station and it's inhabitants. Yanagi is already a costly investment for us, we cant afford to lose it entirely.

I would like it if the congress or guards party would deploy a constant presence to Yanagi in order to enforce the nuetrality zone around the station there. The Union does not yet have any influence with yanagi and we dont have the ships to spare for it's defense with so many hostilities occuring against kreuzberg and bornholme recently.

One more thing I would like to bring into the discussion; the Junker's Union would like to establish an embassy within Puerto Rico for ease of political dealings with the congress and other junker groups. Due to it's location and inconsequential impact on the rest of the system, Carolina Outpost would be an ideal statino for us to establish such an embassy on. I will leave it to the Junker's Congress whether or not to allow the Union control over that station, and in the future we will be able to pay fully for it's purchase - but that will be discussed at a later date.

Diplomatic Conference Channel - worldstrider - 08-28-2008

' Wrote:Another note of importance that concerns all junkers - there have been numerous groups pirating within sigma 13 lately, and they continue to use Yanagi Station as a base of operations. This cannot be tolerated - it draws bounty hunters to our station, causes uncontrollable hostile fire between those bounty hunters and the pirates, and is an extreme risk for the station and it's inhabitants. Yanagi is already a costly investment for us, we cant afford to lose it entirely.

I would like it if the congress or guards party would deploy a constant presence to Yanagi in order to enforce the nuetrality zone around the station there. The Union does not yet have any influence with yanagi and we dont have the ships to spare for it's defense with so many hostilities occuring against kreuzberg and bornholme recently.

One more thing I would like to bring into the discussion; the Junker's Union would like to establish an embassy within Puerto Rico for ease of political dealings with the congress and other junker groups. Due to it's location and inconsequential impact on the rest of the system, Carolina Outpost would be an ideal statino for us to establish such an embassy on. I will leave it to the Junker's Congress whether or not to allow the Union control over that station, and in the future we will be able to pay fully for it's purchase - but that will be discussed at a later date.

You can USE any station you like--hand over control? No.

Junker bases belong to Junkers--you can't take them "just for you" (//unless you buy a system).

//Structure your rp in such a way that you are an autonomous group amongst other groups--not "the" group for all--whether at a base or throughout Sirius.

Also as a note, we do have ships stationed at Rochester, Beaumont, Yanagi, Trafalgar, Puerto Rico and Kruzberg for defense. Other bases will follow shortly. Still organizing the pilots a little.

As to solving issues with "Problem Junkers"? Ignore them. Economically and socially shun them. Give no aid or assistance--report them when breaking the law to the authorities. Its that simple.

that's all we're asking for. I wasnt wishing for complete control over the station, only to establish an embassy there for our leadership figures to meet on political terms with other junker organizations.

As for other stations, it may not be accepted by the congress but we have 'laid claim' to bornholme - it is where the union began and is our home. We do not deny landing rights to anyone as long as they do not cause trouble, but non junkers may not salvage the field, and any junkers who are not part of the junkers union must at least read through our operations guidelines in order to maintain a safe working environment while salvaging the field.

Diplomatic Conference Channel - Generation - 08-28-2008

***Open Comm***
***Un-secure line***

This is Bran Sulivan currently bassed out of Rochester, just thought I'd give my fellow Junkers a line and say hi well thats about it.

Now where did I leave that O2 scrubber.... oh its still on, opps.

***Transmission Terminated***

Please, sullivan, this is a diplomatic conference, not an open channel for you to give shout-outs on.

Diplomatic Conference Channel - Rudo - 08-28-2008

' Wrote:Another note of importance that concerns all junkers - there have been numerous groups pirating within sigma 13 lately, and they continue to use Yanagi Station as a base of operations. This cannot be tolerated - it draws bounty hunters to our station, causes uncontrollable hostile fire between those bounty hunters and the pirates, and is an extreme risk for the station and it's inhabitants. Yanagi is already a costly investment for us, we cant afford to lose it entirely.

This is Captain Hannibal Bishop, of the Congress Diplomacy Gunboat Caveat Emptor.

Yanagi is a resource hub. What passes through it is of little concern to any individual unless they are shopping for it. Also, who docks there is also of little concern as they purchase these resources, legal or illicit depending on the viewpoints of any given house, at great profit to our society.

Those that should attempt to police our guests will find that they are disrupting a carefully struck balance. The rules of the station are set and respected by all who matter. It is worth more to any given faction for us to continue to deal with them, than for them to declare us hostile due to dealing with their enemies as well.

They seek hospitality and resupply. We can either deny them these services at great personal risk, or continue to sell commodities at a profit.

The rogue Bounty Hunters that would attempt to police our station's perimeter are problematic, yes. But they are easily waited out. They themselves would not deliberately destroy an established station for fear of reprecussions -- we have a reputation for having deep pockets and many friends; this is not lost on them. As for those individual pilots that refuse to leave?

They can and will be dealt with. If not by myself, then the guard. If not the guard, we can afford the services of those who would also profit from unhindered use of our station.

It is more the proximity to Yanagi where such piracy and battles take place that concerns me, not the people using the station for resupply - though, as I said, that draws unwanted attention to us from the Gas Miner's Guild and Bounty Hunter's Guild who have a very strong presence within the Sigmas.

I would not be so quick to dissuade the possibility of bounty hunter attacks against us. They have already proven extremely hostile towards us within Omega 15, and I have received threats that "As soon as the bounty hunter fleet is done dealing with The Order, they will wipe out our stations in Omega 15 and Sigma 13" - that is a paraphrase of a communication directed at me while on security duty at Bornholme; from bounty hunters at Rostock Station.

We have used the pretense of our "powerful allies" for a long time now, but how much water do those threats hold? The corsairs are not willing to help us against an outside threat due to their war with the Outcasts taking up too many of their resources, and vice-versa. The Hessians have their own agenda, and will only help us when it furthers their goals directly. Many of the lawful organizations will not take our bribes, and would rather see us destroyed entirely than help us against a group intent on wiping us out.

Our allies are not going to save us if any group declares open hostility on Junkers as a whole, whether it be another criminal group, a house government, or the bounty hunter's guild. If we cannot maintain nuetrality with these groups, we will not be able to survive their hostilities against us. The Junkers have no fleets of their own - at most we have a select few warships and fighter craft here and there which are spread thin even with just trying to keep the peace at our own stations.

We may act like Zoners when it comes to how things are handled on our bases, but we are not Zoners; we do not have juggernaughts and fearless destroyers to deter attacks against us should anyone with enough resolve attempt such attacks.

Things are turning against us too fast, and we need to do something to enforce and maintain our nuetrality until we can gain enough power to ward off any serious hostilities. With any luck, the new vessels being designed at Vieques shipyard will be available soon, and hopefully they will be powerful enough to serve this purpose - but inaction right now is more detrimental to the Junker Body than anything else. We must make a show of force at our stations, and we must get it across to our potential enemies that while we wish to remain nuetral, we have the power to defend ourselves and are not simply another 'pushover' group.