Discovery Gaming Community
Ship prices in RP. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Ship prices in RP. (/showthread.php?tid=116264)

Ship prices in RP. - Strichev - 06-05-2014

What does it take for a planet dwelling soul to ascend into the realm of space-faring awesomeness? In other words; how common is it to have a ship in FL universe?

Attempting to figure this out based on ship prices or actual numbers of NPCs does not work. FL's in-game representation of the universe is, as we all know, diminutive. I believe this holds true for the number of people in space too.

A ship most certainly does not cost the equivalent of a bicycle these days. But it it can hardly be as expensive as a fighter jet.

How did Trent acquire his ship before SP? Or how do Freelancers acquire their ships? A navy pilot doesn't have his own ship, a freelancer does. I can imagine a special loan service particularly devoted to funding such risky entrepreneurs.

Did Trent fly a freighter? Could Tobias have sponsored him a ship? (I don't have the time right now to trawl through SP again)

What's your view on this matter?

RE: Ship prices in RP. - Ayatolah - 06-05-2014

dunno where i readed it, but looks like is pretty much like owning a car, at least in case of he most civvie ones, like the starflea family and else

RE: Ship prices in RP. - Sath - 06-05-2014

As far as I know, there is no clue as to what Trent flew before the SP.

All he says to Juni is that his ship was blown in the explosion of the Freeport and he needed a job to keep him occupied till the one who promised him a million credits (lol) was out of the hospital.

And yes, as technology grows, it gets cheaper and cheaper. So, having a spaceship is not as hard as we might think of. Since, no one knows what the state of FL economy is, so that we can compare it with our economy.

Who knows, it might be as easy as getting a car inRL, to get a spaceship in FL, due to the technical advancements and the economical status of FL universe. But still the characters we fly, are, to me, rich than the normal population living in the planets. Navy in FL is someone who fights most of the time in space, rather than in land. Since why they are offered a ship.

It is best to not compare the current RL situations to the FL situations.

RE: Ship prices in RP. - SnakThree - 06-05-2014

Considering two millions were a deal of a lifetime, while bounties paid less than 50.000 credits in Liberty, I'd say the ships were pretty darn cheap back in the 800s.

RE: Ship prices in RP. - Lumik - 06-05-2014

I take it the way that Starflea in FL is something like currently Cessna. Especially if it is second hand, it is possible to buy your own if you have good income or take leasing - as far as I know for example new Cessna 172 costs around 200 000 euro with all papers, cheapest second hand old plane is sometimes available for around 50 000 euro). It is not cheap but still possible.

Same goes for freighters, it should not be problem for small succesful company (which is running planetary transport business) to buy one or two or at least get them for leasing.

Transports on the other hand are probably reserved for medium companies and buying new 5k trains is probably possible only for corporations. This also explains inRP at least little why freelancers can´t fly anything with more than 3 600 cargo units.

Thing which FL doesn´t count are running costs. And same as they are quite big for planes, they are probably not small for spaceships as well. So one thing is buying the spaceship, another to keep money for using it.

But that is all mainly my opinion which is not based on any ingame information.