Discovery Gaming Community
The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Blood Dragon Feedback page (/showthread.php?tid=116379)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Shiki - 12-18-2020

Is there a single line in original blood dragon lore that suggests that they would even consider making a splinter state?

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Nerva Regis - 12-18-2020

Thanks for the question.

In the original BD lore there are lines that suggest that there are people in the Kusari Govt that are inclined to support the Blood Dragon cause.
Our idea was to consolidate the system over which we have influence into something that would also hold political power and try to attract more of the Kusari people to our cause.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Reeves - 12-18-2020

(12-18-2020, 11:55 AM)Nerva Regis Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 10:04 AM)Reeves Wrote: It's a good thing this faction no longer attempts to even try and call itself the blood dragons anymore. Lacking things such as basic comprehension is one thing, being a disgrace to your source material is another. At least you won't be disgracing a cool faction from the original game by misusing their namesake anymore. Instead we get the blandest rebranding anyone could ever have expected, a monument to being entirely counterintuitive and uninspired.

I have to wonder what the thought process behind all this was, though I suspect such nuances were absent.

Ok, I'll bite the bait.

I don't care about OORP things, but this time I will make an exception.

I am well aware of the fact that you are one of those Vanilla purists that has a narrow view on what players should or should not do. Moreover, like all veteran players, you feel entitled to berate and insult any players/factions that do not conform to you view of how the game should be played.

I am well aware of how much some Coal HC, especially you and the leader of the Coal (at that time) were pissed that we were working with VI. I am well aware of the proxy indi bd faction that you made in order to hunt those VI ships that would enter blood dragon ZOI.

In the last part of the pre-Leon/Snek Coal era, the Coalition HC and others did their best to ruin whatever BD and VI were trying to build. Things that were built on the really old treaty that @Tabris made.

Unfortunately, I am well aware that players such as myself who are not as vocal as you are, will never be able to compete with Discovery Elites. We are just not worth of playing this game in a our own way without somehow/somewhere having to be trialled by the Vanilla Purists.

Discovery has always been a community that caters to a select number of players, while the rest of us are just fodder for them to play around with or to bully and/or berate back into the status quo of the game.

I used to write responses to things and then just not post them because of the sheer fear of the way in which certain player groups tend to pile on people who dare to have a different opinion.

Ah, vague and baseless allegations of conspiracy, proxy factions and elitism? My favorite - how'd you know? Though to be fair, I see why you usually never respond to things, given the unintended hypocrisy and inconsistencies your response has so carefully embodied.

Let's address everything nonetheless:

1) The elephant in the room: Ah, yes. Obviously I am an evil, spiteful purist who has gone to great lengths to sabotage everything between you and the Coalition. So much so that I've no doubt created a proxy faction to best enable these interests! I'd love to throw my head back and maniacally cackle at how brilliant my evil genius is, but I'm afraid I have to disappoint everyone when I say that I can't take any credit for the indie faction you're speaking of. Did I have a connection to them? Sure. But the capacity of that connection was fairly limited, at most a liaison and occasional advocate of their grievances given their lack of a voice. If that's what you consider a sign of direct involvement, then you might as well claim that I both lead and created the Lane Hackers too. Considering I've gone to bat for them more than I have for any other faction in the mod, including the one I directly represent.

2) Am I a purist?: To an extent, sure. But if we're going by what the word truly means and embodies by example, no. I'm not against factions trying to explore new directions, I've only ever expressed that the things they do should try to closely conform with their original themes and purposes. And even then, this isn't a personally motivated inclination, it's rooted in the logic that factions all had an inherent uniqueness which they should naturally seek to preserve. Unless we want them to all end up as bland and samey.

3) Elitism: I really don't think the legitimate club of people who embody whatever discovery considers elitists would agree with you here. To be completely straight with you, I think this is where your attempt to undermine the things I've said falls apart the most. And let me be absolutely clear as to why that is. I'm basing all of this on second hand information, from my alleged "proxy" as well as snake's pertinent live-stream. There was a prevailing sentiment within the VI that my supposed "proxy" was a fake assortment of pretenders just trying to instigate drama and farm the ensuing salt. What's ironic is how you and snake responded to this perception of how those people tried to play their role in the game. You both agreed to ignore everything they ever did, to pretend they did not exist and that any action they ever took had no relevance in the game you were playing. Now, I don't know about you, but that sounds an awful lot like exclusion, one of the basic ingredients of elitism. I suppose you're fortunate that Discovery's system of representation in the working groups and other such devices is easy enough to exploit, and that you were very successful in undermining that small group of dedicated individuals into no longer playing the game. Though I wouldn't exactly call that something to toot your horn about.

4) Conspir[A]cy: I really don't know how you formulated this one. My connection with the BD through the Coalition is as limited as the dietary intake of the average child in Africa. Suffice to say, not much. What little occurred in the way of interactions was usually positive and all happened around the period of time when I played Krsnik, and when @"Silverlight" was leading the faction. Past that point, I never really concerned myself with Kusari at all and even wound up quitting the Coalition altogether. So I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with those established facts. It's entirely possible other people in the Coalition didn't like you, but I can't recall being part of any shadowy lobbies to spite you. That sounds fairly asinine given the well established worthlessness of trying to do things in Kusari. I suppose the only reason you've tried to fabricate something resembling a conspiracy is for the sake of better justifying point 1.

In conclusion, I really think you ought to let that cat do its job and retire yourself from making allegations.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Nerva Regis - 12-18-2020

(12-18-2020, 12:58 PM)Reeves Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 11:55 AM)Nerva Regis Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 10:04 AM)Reeves Wrote: It's a good thing this faction no longer attempts to even try and call itself the blood dragons anymore. Lacking things such as basic comprehension is one thing, being a disgrace to your source material is another. At least you won't be disgracing a cool faction from the original game by misusing their namesake anymore. Instead we get the blandest rebranding anyone could ever have expected, a monument to being entirely counterintuitive and uninspired.

I have to wonder what the thought process behind all this was, though I suspect such nuances were absent.

Ok, I'll bite the bait.

I don't care about OORP things, but this time I will make an exception.

I am well aware of the fact that you are one of those Vanilla purists that has a narrow view on what players should or should not do. Moreover, like all veteran players, you feel entitled to berate and insult any players/factions that do not conform to you view of how the game should be played.

I am well aware of how much some Coal HC, especially you and the leader of the Coal (at that time) were pissed that we were working with VI. I am well aware of the proxy indi bd faction that you made in order to hunt those VI ships that would enter blood dragon ZOI.

In the last part of the pre-Leon/Snek Coal era, the Coalition HC and others did their best to ruin whatever BD and VI were trying to build. Things that were built on the really old treaty that @Tabris made.

Unfortunately, I am well aware that players such as myself who are not as vocal as you are, will never be able to compete with Discovery Elites. We are just not worth of playing this game in a our own way without somehow/somewhere having to be trialled by the Vanilla Purists.

Discovery has always been a community that caters to a select number of players, while the rest of us are just fodder for them to play around with or to bully and/or berate back into the status quo of the game.

I used to write responses to things and then just not post them because of the sheer fear of the way in which certain player groups tend to pile on people who dare to have a different opinion.

Ah, vague and baseless allegations of conspiracy, proxy factions and elitism? My favorite - how'd you know? Though to be fair, I see why you usually never respond to things, given the unintended hypocrisy and inconsistencies your response has so carefully embodied.

Let's address everything nonetheless:

1) The elephant in the room: Ah, yes. Obviously I am an evil, spiteful purist who has gone to great lengths to sabotage everything between you and the Coalition. So much so that I've no doubt created a proxy faction to best enable these interests! I'd love to throw my head back and maniacally cackle at how brilliant my evil genius is, but I'm afraid I have to disappoint everyone when I say that I can't take any credit for the indie faction you're speaking of. Did I have a connection to them? Sure. But the capacity of that connection was fairly limited, at most a liaison and occasional advocate of their grievances given their lack of a voice. If that's what you consider a sign of direct involvement, then you might as well claim that I both lead and created the Lane Hackers too. Considering I've gone to bat for them more than I have for any other faction in the mod, including the one I directly represent.

2) Am I a purist?: To an extent, sure. But if we're going by what the word truly means and embodies by example, no. I'm not against factions trying to explore new directions, I've only ever expressed that the things they do should try to closely conform with their original themes and purposes. And even then, this isn't a personally motivated inclination, it's rooted in the logic that factions all had an inherent uniqueness which they should naturally seek to preserve. Unless we want them to all end up as bland and samey.

3) Elitism: I really don't think the legitimate club of people who embody whatever discovery considers elitists would agree with you here. To be completely straight with you, I think this is where your attempt to undermine the things I've said falls apart the most. And let me be absolutely clear as to why that is. I'm basing all of this on second hand information, from my alleged "proxy" as well as snake's pertinent live-stream. There was a prevailing sentiment within the VI that my supposed "proxy" was a fake assortment of pretenders just trying to instigate drama and farm the ensuing salt. What's ironic is how you and snake responded to this perception of how those people tried to play their role in the game. You both agreed to ignore everything they ever did, to pretend they did not exist and that any action they ever took had no relevance in the game you were playing. Now, I don't know about you, but that sounds an awful lot like exclusion, one of the basic ingredients of elitism. I suppose you're fortunate that Discovery's system of representation in the working groups and other such devices is easy enough to exploit, and that you were very successful in undermining that small group of dedicated individuals into no longer playing the game. Though I wouldn't exactly call that something to toot your horn about.

4) Conspir[A]cy: I really don't know how you formulated this one. My connection with the BD through the Coalition is as limited as the dietary intake of the average child in Africa. Suffice to say, not much. What little occurred in the way of interactions was usually positive and all happened around the period of time when I played Krsnik, and when @"Silverlight" was leading the faction. Past that point, I never really concerned myself with Kusari at all and even wound up quitting the Coalition altogether. So I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with those established facts. It's entirely possible other people in the Coalition didn't like you, but I can't recall being part of any shadowy lobbies to spite you. That sounds fairly asinine given the well established worthlessness of trying to do things in Kusari. I suppose the only reason you've tried to fabricate something resembling a conspiracy is for the sake of better justifying point 1.

In conclusion, I really think you ought to let that cat do its job and retire yourself from making allegations.

You won @Reeves.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Diaz - 12-18-2020

Whoa Reeves, this is serious if they change name change let the boys do own thing, no need for this it is just msking worse to player hate each other for no reason.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Shiki - 12-18-2020

(12-18-2020, 12:35 PM)Shiki Wrote: Is there a single line in original blood dragon lore that suggests that they would even consider making a splinter state?

(12-18-2020, 12:48 PM)Nerva Regis Wrote: Thanks for the question.

In the original BD lore there are lines that suggest that there are people in the Kusari Govt that are inclined to support the Blood Dragon cause.
Our idea was to consolidate the system over which we have influence into something that would also hold political power and try to attract more of the Kusari people to our cause.

I asked if

there are mentions of dragons wanting to make splinter state, we take that as X

Your answer is that there is Y statement of "there are people in the Kusari Govt that are inclined to support the Blood Dragon cause" which I didn't even ask about.

You see those people in Kusari government who support the dragons see the dragons as the better government for Kusari and nothing suggests that they would want to make a separate state. So I was wondering how that even came to be, other than cosplaying obviously bad takes of other factions who are into the mini-house building. Not to mention, it inevitably runs into the CRINGE discovery political simulations.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Kampanom - 12-18-2020

Guys, there's no north or any cardinal direction in space.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Jayenbee - 12-18-2020

Except there is if you assign a cardinal direction to the 2D NavMap.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Jayenbee - 12-18-2020

How many hundreds of years has it been now since the Blood Dragons were formed? For how long have they been fighting with promises from political parties in the Kusari Government 'supporting' their cause, vice versa?

Is it not so far fetched that a portion of this rebel organisation has simply decided that it wants to take matters into it's own hands? The faction is no longer The Blood Dragons, we're not pretending to be the entire NPC faction, which has been a forbidden thing since forever anyway, yet for some reason no one bats an eye. As a former Story Dev I understand all too well that NPC Factions =/= Player Factions.

The likes of you Reeves, sat on the Xenos. How's that working with organisations from outside Liberty going? Not very Vanilla Xeno of you.

It doesn't matter at the end of the day anyway. Discovery is an evolution of Freelancer, it's the future, things change. Grow up and deal with it you whiny pleb.

RE: Northern Kusari Shogunate Feedback page - Hemlocke - 12-18-2020

The forums were a mistake.

#deletekusariplox