Discovery Gaming Community
The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Blood Dragon Feedback page (/showthread.php?tid=116379)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Groshyr - 02-09-2021

As far as I know, Coalition-BD friendship was forced by former developers but players of BD supported it as an opportunity for ooRP benefits such as exchange of tech which is not the best in the case of BD caps. So, agree with Darkstar, their friendship is illogical: Coalition is far, Coalition is hostile to the political programme they (BD) follow and share.

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Commandantt - 02-10-2021

(02-09-2021, 11:40 PM)Groshyr Wrote: As far as I know, Coalition-BD friendship was forced by former developers but players of BD supported it as an opportunity for ooRP benefits such as exchange of tech which is not the best in the case of BD caps. So, agree with Darkstar, their friendship is illogical: Coalition is far, Coalition is hostile to the political programme they (BD) follow and share.

I agree that our relationships with BD were a bit weird + I never read a story about why we allies and just accept it so can't say more.

But I can argue about some points.
Coalition placement means nothing because it took +-30 irl min from Omega to Kusary and everyone ignores how much travel takes RP time in freelancer. So we still can be trade partners to exchange resources and technology.

Same about politics because if BD want take Kusary and become it government while Coalition goal says that we must bring the whole Sirius under one human banner not mean that we must fight right now.

But yes I don't really see a reason, why we must be allies, maybe friendly or neutral partners, will fit more.

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - L e o n - 02-10-2021

(02-10-2021, 01:17 AM)Gregor Hansen Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 11:40 PM)Groshyr Wrote: As far as I know, Coalition-BD friendship was forced by former developers but players of BD supported it as an opportunity for ooRP benefits such as exchange of tech which is not the best in the case of BD caps. So, agree with Darkstar, their friendship is illogical: Coalition is far, Coalition is hostile to the political programme they (BD) follow and share.

I agree that our relationships with BD were a bit weird + I never read a story about why we allies and just accept it so can't say more.

But I can argue about some points.
Coalition placement means nothing because it took +-30 irl min from Omega to Kusary and everyone ignores how much travel takes RP time in freelancer. So we still can be trade partners to exchange resources and technology.

Same about politics because if BD want take Kusary and become it government while Coalition goal says that we must bring the whole Sirius under one human banner not mean that we must fight right now.

But yes I don't really see a reason, why we must be allies, maybe friendly or neutral partners, will fit more.

To be honest with you, I am already writing something towards the coalition, It depends if we gonna stay netural or we gonna work together

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Diaz - 02-10-2021

Drama again Big Grin guys leave boys alone let them do they things!! Best of luck.

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Okamura - 02-20-2021

I like to refrain from posting in the out of roleplay sections of this cesspool that has been advertised as a community forum. But I feel I simply must speak my mind on a few matters that I have read, observed and meditated on over the past few weeks.

To preface what I am about to say I would like to present what has culminated in me being motivated to share my current thoughts and address this as being what it is.

[Image: JLeXUre.png?1]

I have seen multiple people try and fail to rationally explain why the Blood Dragons are best represented as being what they are in vanilla. So I will summarize this succinctly. The Blood Dragons in Freelancer are a product of centuries of evolution, a faction born due to internal strife very early into the game's history. They are introduced to us as being the descendants of the now long dead Shogun's royal guard. A faction that has now become a tightly knit rebellion rather than an organization still rooted in the structure of a now long defunct Government that none of them were alive to be witness to.

I see repeated counterarguments to these contentions by people such as @Jayenbee who state "evolution" as being natural and necessary for factions to continue surviving in the game's universe. And I agree, but then why does the faction decide to devolve into what the faction evolved away from being in the first place? I understand fresh perspectives and approaches are necessary, but the days of the Dragons serving a Shogunate drew to a close centuries ago. And they have in the centuries since then evolved into being a rebellion against a Government they view as illegitimate. There is much political intrigue to be had from that narrative, particularly if the aspect of support from Kusari's highest positions of power were developed upon by the story team as being secretly sympathetic to the cause. As it was suggested in rumors from the base game. But somewhat tragically, the people entrusted with an unwarranted level of power over this representative faction that bears the same name, are more inclined to see the faction regress into being a thing that it very much evolved away from over hundreds of years.

To elucidate what I mean here is a summarized timeline:

The Royal Guard refuse to surrender - > They flee to Chugoku - > They spend centuries slowly reorganizing and readying themselves to fight what they perceive as an internal enemy - > They shift away from simply being remnants of the old royal guard - > They become a tightly knit group of master-less warriors and rebels - > They then ultimately seek to install a more Democratic and left leaning iteration of the Government to defeat Samura's shogunate - > They are now rewritten as being barely literate thugs clinging to the idea of a Government that no longer exists and using the word "simp" in roleplay unironically.

I am therefore left to assume that what people like Jayenbee mean to say is that the faction has evolved to be canonically related to e-girl and simp culture rather than anything tangible or otherwise noteworthy in terms of the narrative. I will keep this in mind for all such future encounters to be had with the faction.

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - L e o n - 02-21-2021

Thank you for the feedback, Always good to hear people's opinions about the Blood dragons. I am currently the one who took it over and tried to do my best to repair its mess. The Blood dragons had a lot of conflicts with past shoguns. To make this faction with all the damage that previous shoguns have done, it's challenging.

Here a few examples, The coalition's unrelated relations, The coalition is located at the south of the sirus. They have no connections or can be related to what is happening in Kusari.

Past war with the GC, I had to go to the MDS graveyard and find that a shogun that had his feelings hurt decided to declare war on the GC and ruin the whole reputation and chance to work with them overthrow the current government. It just a massive headache and a lot to process.

Rewriting everything in-laws and regulations, Changing BB codes and chase after Mods to change the tracker, Change the subforum. The faction was needed to do a major 180-degree turn and change almost everything.

I have taken the challenge it just a waste to see that such a faction like this is going to waste, and I am doing my best. And This is not easy since everyone is busy and has their own doing. I don't think everyone has much time to spend their entire time at disco, I will tell you that I have failed and that's it. Because I see the time is short and I can't do this alone. Thanks for Slappy Jay and Ellipis that they have done. I had many plans for the blood dragons people warned me about taking over and that I should stay with my unofficial faction. But sometimes things don't go as wanted. The faction was stuck in the most bottomless mud.

I have learned a lot from it for my first time leading a faction, and glad I took that position. I have seen what I can improve and do in the future. As people said to me, "Welcome to disco" I might take my leg off the gas for now and return in some other time, perhaps to lead another faction.

I thank everyone I have interacted within space. I am happy that people enjoy the pirate roleplay I have done with them to do something unique instead of demanding 15m or die, But sadly it might have come to an end by the looks of it. I have met wonderful people through my interaction as my time being the leader of the blood dragons I am happy that I found in that timeline a few friends in disco that I can play with Freelancer.

I just hope that I won't receive hate for failing this task but still appreciate me as a person.

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Czechmate - 02-21-2021

Imo you just tried too hard to oorp change everything overnight and control all diplomacy.

You can easily build on what past BD have done and slowly change it over many months through subtle story development and in game interactions without throwing history under the bus or trying to do 180s right away.

GC fix is easy. Just accept the "-.5" or whatever rep is there of mutual distrust,there's no need to fight it or try retconning it. And fix it over time by the simple routine of

1) Log
2) Find GC
3) Do good stuff together like helping them with KNF and in game RP
4) do RP post based on interactions

And slowly you move from -.5 to +.5 or whatever can be there given that BD are anti-cardie but their main goals are more important, inch by inch, based on every interaction. You will have setbacks(siege oopsie) But that's part of the game.

Same with coalition. You can oorp think what makes sense, but you should do progression and logically build on RP.

And lastly - BD and GC are not one and the same. You are allowed to have different allies, RP and goals. You don't need to control them, you don't need to be max green to help and supply each other against the Government

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - L e o n - 02-21-2021

Well, I have learned a lot from that trial and thanks to this chance.

I had plans on contacting a lot of factions and such but I don't have the time now sadly, Thanks for the feedback anyway.

RE: The Blood Dragon Feedback page - Okamura - 02-21-2021

I do appreciate the fact you didn't dismiss everything I had put effort into writing. You seemed to have read through it and explained your side of the struggle, and I empathize with how difficult this must be for you. Unfortunately, and despite my own willingness in wanting to be able to help you, since you seem to be the first person in this faction's recent leadership history who's willing to cooperate - there just isn't any other choice than a blank slate. Too many mistakes have been made and forced in as canon lore to just go back on. I don't think you're being fair to yourself by saying you failed to fix this mess, it wasn't even your mess to begin with. You shouldn't have burdened yourself with an unwarranted and unrelated source of responsibility.

All I have ever hoped for is to see a faction as cool as the Blood Dragons be executed correctly. I don't want to see people twist it into things it isn't, or play it for the sake of tech benefits. I just want to see it exist and do well for what it was intended to be, even if that's a humble existence by comparison to the "popular" factions of the mod. The NPC faction desperately deserves proper representation in the game's universe, something it's been denied for many years now.

If you choose to stick around and try and salvage what the faction is meant to be, I will help you. But if you are truly done with things here then I can only wish you the best moving forward. Whatever it is you choose to do, I'm content with the fact you at least heard me out and didn't dismiss what I said like I have seen people here do to many others.

Thank you.