Discovery Gaming Community
I just realized I sort of almost... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: I just realized I sort of almost... (/showthread.php?tid=116426)

I just realized I sort of almost... - sindroms - 06-09-2014

Yeah.

(06-09-2014, 11:26 AM)Jansen Wrote: Okay lets have a look at this:

- Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Kusari house space, and attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Samura are exempted from this.
- Can attack Junkers and Gallic Junkers anywhere.

Zone of Influence: Kusari, systems directly bordering Kusari, Lyonnais

This is what your ID says, you are free to shoot Junkers or Gallic Junkers. However, if the Junker is a transport you have to follow the rules for this, which means that you have to make a demand before you shoot it.
The whole thing happened in the Taus, so your ID allows you to pirate there.

But you didnt make any demand and just shot the transport after one line each, which is not allowed.

I have sent you the evidence.

Could we add this to the ID?

- Can demand cargo and credits from ships outside of Kusari house space, and attack them if they do not comply. Ships belonging to Samura are exempted from this.
- Can attack Junkers and Gallic Junkers anywhere
- May NOT treat Junker and Gallic Junker transports as combat targets

Zone of Influence: Kusari, systems directly bordering Kusari, Lyonnais

Because I sort thought that the ID overwrites server rules, so...it SORT of gave off that vibe.

RE: I just realized I sort of almost... - SnakThree - 06-09-2014

Yeah. Recently some Solar Engineer player made more than few demands to my Ageira trade ship and still went for blue after complying to all of them.

The rules must be clarified either on ID or on forums.

EDIT: Yet I find it silly that X ship cannot destroy Archenemy_of_X transport just because it's what should be done. Nooo, you HAVE to make a damn demand. Makes it so fricking unimmersive.

RE: I just realized I sort of almost... - sindroms - 06-09-2014

Yeah, but we sort of need to protect traders, otherwise every ID we have in the game would turn into a terrorist ID one way or the other.

RE: I just realized I sort of almost... - Lythrilux - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 11:36 AM)Snak3 Wrote: EDIT: Yet I find it silly that X ship cannot destroy Archenemy_of_X transport just because it's what should be done. Nooo, you HAVE to make a damn demand. Makes it so fricking unimmersive.

Agreed.
What's funny is that Junkers can engage Xenos anywhere. However, if the Xeno is in Liberty and flying a transport, we can't touch it. It can still shoot us though, even if we're in transports.

RE: I just realized I sort of almost... - WesternPeregrine - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 11:54 AM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 11:36 AM)Snak3 Wrote: EDIT: Yet I find it silly that X ship cannot destroy Archenemy_of_X transport just because it's what should be done. Nooo, you HAVE to make a damn demand. Makes it so fricking unimmersive.

Agreed.
What's funny is that Junkers can engage Xenos anywhere. However, if the Xeno is in Liberty and flying a transport, we can't touch it. It can still shoot us though, even if we're in transports.

Sooo, if a bunch of Hogosha went to Liberty and find a Junker transport, can't attack it and can't pirate it?
Sure, keeping the good reputation with the police lads and so on, but still, given the chance...