Discovery Gaming Community
Making the wrong impression on new players - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Making the wrong impression on new players (/showthread.php?tid=116428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Making the wrong impression on new players - sindroms - 06-09-2014

[Image: 4VcA4VE.png]

I wanted to make a thread in flood with something along the lines of "Remember when you were new?" but this is sort of sad.

Come on, brainstorm time. Best way to tell new players that caps are not the ''best ship'' or ''goal'' for Disco.

Go.

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - Sath - 06-09-2014

I had one guy PM'ing me the same thing 2 or 3 months ago. When I advised him to get money with some good routes and told him that BS are not the only best ships in game, he just told me to frak off if I cant give him money.

And today, again, seems like another new guy is PM'ing everyone asking for money. I had a friend of mine telling the same thing in one of the chats.

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - Singularity - 06-09-2014

Happened with me many times. I can count upto 5 instances in my GMG character only, some 8-10 months ago. Some were for cash (never asked them why they needed it), some were for buying capships like the above.
Pretty funny, its still the same ...

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - SnakThree - 06-09-2014

I started to stach my cash on bank account to lower the number of such messages.

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - Harrington - 06-09-2014

Veteran players could form fighter wings where they welcome noobs and train them to be better snub pilots. Stop forcing noobs to lose each and every fight against veteran players by demonizing and bashing them for using numbers instead of skill to win.

You know, basically people could start playing with the noobs instead of against them.

Sadly, this is not a community where this is possible, because too many veteran players have become addicted to the sense of superiority they get from ridiculing and beating up people that have less experience in this computer game than them. It's almost tragic, even more for the game itself and the veteran players than for the noobs, who will just move on to something else and have more fun and lead better lives than them.

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - sindroms - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 01:28 PM)Harrington Wrote: Veteran players could form fighter wings where they welcome noobs and train them to be better snub pilots. Stop forcing noobs to lose each and every fight against veteran players by demonizing and bashing them for using numbers instead of skill to win.

You know, basically people could stop playing with the noobs instead of against them.

Sadly, this is not a community where this is possible, because too many veteran players have become addicted to the sense of superiority they get from ridiculing and beating up people that have less experience in this computer game than them. It's almost tragic, even more for the game itself and the veteran players than for the noobs, who will just move on to something else and have more fun and lead better lives than them.

You know, given the topic I find it hard to figure out if you are Karlotta or Akumabito..

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - Harrington - 06-09-2014

What do you mean? Can you elaborate?

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - Zapp - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 01:30 PM)sindroms Wrote: You know, given the topic I find it hard to figure out if you are Karlotta or Akumabito..

Both of those people still frequent these forums? Dang, talk about dedication to a cause.

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - sindroms - 06-09-2014

What are YOU doing back here?

EDIT: Welcome back, Zappah.

RE: Making the wrong impression on new players - Lumik - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 01:28 PM)Harrington Wrote: Veteran players could form fighter wings where they welcome noobs and train them to be better snub pilots. Stop forcing noobs to lose each and every fight against veteran players by demonizing and bashing them for using numbers instead of skill to win.

You know, basically people could start playing with the noobs instead of against them.

We have tool for this, it is called factions. If you join, you can fight alongside the veterans and learn from them. Sometimes they also make trainings. Simple as that.