Discovery Gaming Community
I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... (/showthread.php?tid=116813)

Pages: 1 2

I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Ace Razgriz - 06-19-2014

[Image: eqOXX9e.png]

So yeah, man with nearly a quarter million subscribers now playing Freelancer, and I've already told him about Discovery Mod so he can play it after finishing Campaign. (Dont know who convinced him to play it but my moneys on Spazzy)

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - sindroms - 06-19-2014

Half a year ago, I contacted him with the proposal of trying the mod. At that point, as far as I understand, he was running a monetized channel. Still is, I think. This was his reply.

[Image: ZLj02fP.png]

This year he started Starlancer gameplay vidoes and now has moved onto Freelancer. Perhaps once he finishes the singleplayer game, he might also poke at a few mods that are keeping the game running. If so, then he might do Crossfire, Disco and a couple of others. Who knows.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Luke. - 06-19-2014

I've noticed a few channels playing Freelancer and subsequently Disco. We can only hope.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Lythrilux - 06-19-2014

Well, the playerbase is guaranteed to increase when Star Citizen is released as there will be lots of people who want the SC experience, but they can't meet SC's high system requirements.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Strichev - 06-19-2014

And there will be many who wish to experience space and have the resources to play SC. When that happens it's goodbye Disco and hello SC.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - FynnMcScrap - 06-19-2014

Well... perhaps if you could just imagine :
There are new players to the Server, and sometimes we do not only come to pewpew around and vanish after a few days.
But it´s quite frustrating if our ideas to build a Base for excemple are ignored,
our Questions to the "great Fractions" are not even answered,
and if our role is reduced to "crash test dummy to be shot at after RP" ,
you might not be surprised that a lot move on.

I have met a lot of players here with whom its fun to play.
But : "Doing nothing wrong" and "knowing the rules" is not the same as "doing something right".

So theres a new contender to disco ? Makes things interesting, might even help upholding Quality.
Not through the Admins or the Devs. Through us.

Yust my two cent.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - SnakThree - 06-19-2014

lot move on because they are unable to adapt to strict rules, harsh environment and inability to quickly gain what they want. Not because their RP went sour due to this being a MULTIplayer server where RP goes both ways.

And it's Factions, not Fractions.

Now, stop constantly whining about one specific incident and applying it universally to whole communty/server/mod. You lost something. Deal with it like a man or a roleplayer instead of a tiny whiny person.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Luke. - 06-19-2014

(06-19-2014, 08:16 AM)Strichev Wrote: And there will be many who wish to experience space and have the resources to play SC. When that happens it's goodbye Disco and hello SC.

That won't happen in a hurry. SC won't be released fully for a long time and it's requirements are really quite ridiculous.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Strichev - 06-19-2014

How many things we lose in RL...how often do others harm us, our self-image? How often do we do the same to them, sometimes not even realising that? Every day. Every time you step out of your little box of alternative reality all the bitterness of the world comes swirling around you, does it not?

And even when you are alone, they never stop tormenting you, you don't stop tormenting them. We mull over the things said and those that should have been said.

What makes you think that in a place like this community, with all sorts of people around you, everything will be perfect, with everyone being nice and agreeable? It is a mirror of the world we live in. It distorts things, but it is a mirror nevertheless. I am a person with all my vices and troubles and thoughts...so are you. As in real-life, so in the land of imagination. There is no escape from the nature of man.

Some forget that, they want the game to behave like a single player game, where you are, quite literally, GOD! Not here. We are but a tiny speck, a pebble, nothing more. And we need to adapt to one another, make compromises, watch our ideals, ideas, wishes, plans, feelings, views burn with a flame as bright as you let it be. It is a good thing. It is what sets multilayer apart form single-player.

If you leave because of that...so be it. It is the fault of the world itself, not the community.

RE: I see a rise in playerbase in the future... - Doria - 06-19-2014

Never heard of him.