Discovery Gaming Community
The Core Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Core Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=116859)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-20-2014

[Image: 2XbmnUt.png]

[Image: whdS1yn.png]

If you have not read the Information Thread yet we highly suggest you do. For further information, also feel free to dive into our Lore section.

Want to fly with us first before you join? There's an emergency and raids skypechat. PM this account if you want to join the indie general chat.

The Core is now leaving Skype behind, and is moving to Discord! Please join our public server via this link: https://discordapp.com/invite/sGQJMHM You don't need to be in Core| to join!

Recruitment Form

Code:
[indent][table]
[tr][td][align=justify][font=Open Sans][indent]

[align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/XF3OTNX.png[/img][/align]

[font=Agency FB][size=30][color=#00458A]InRP Form[/color][/size][/font][hrc]#00458A[/hrc]

[color=#ffffff]Pilot Name:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Pilot Age:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Pilot Region, House or Location of Origin:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Are You Applying for The Core Paramilitary, or our AP Manufacturing Sub-Divison?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Detailed Background, One Paragraph or So (the more we can learn about you, the better):[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Why do you want to join The Core/APM?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Recite Our Motto:[/color]

[font=Agency FB][size=30][color=#00458A]OoRP Form[/color][/size][/font][hrc]#00458A[/hrc]

[color=#ffffff]How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Have you ever played a Core character before? Have you read the lore of The Core? Do you know what The Core is?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]How familiar are you with the Edge Worlds?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Why do you want to join the The Core?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Do you already own a Core ship? If yes, what ship(s) is it?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]What Country and/or Time Zone do you operate in?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]What is your Discord ID (mandatory)?:[/color]

[color=#ffffff]What is your Skype (optional)?:[/color]

[hrc]#00458A[/hrc]

[align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/PhdZWOJ.png[/img][/align]

[/indent][/font][/align][/td][/tr]
[/table][/indent]

We hope we'll be hearing from you soon.

Why join Core|?

The Core encourages players to try an experience that is not found within other disco factions: the role of 'Lawful Evil'. Playing the good guy gets boring fast, and being so open about how cruel and immoral you are is so cliche. Why not try something unique? Your actions and methodology are within the bounds of law, but ultimately you seek to bring your evil desires to fruition. The Edge Worlds are a beautiful environment for people to try something new, without being tied down by the houses.

Beyond roleplay, The Core frequently engages in raids against their enemies. Systems raids by The Core lead to awesome fleet battles taking place. We've got a lot of enemies, which means there's a lot of things to shoot.

If you don't want to get heavily involved in shooting things, why not try joining Core|APM-? You can trade and make money, soon you'll also be able to mine. You can also take part in some of the heavier RP projects, where APM conducts twisted science of a likes Sirius has never seen before. Or you know, just builds awesome new ships.

Generally speaking, Core| always has something to do. If you're the kind of player who struggles to find things to do elsewhere, Core| should be a good faction for you.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Apollon - 06-20-2014

RP Form
Your Name: Ryuzaki Kuruso

Your Age: 23

Where are you from?: Kusari

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Kusari Naval Forces

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): Born on Planet Kyushu, A lone child to a family that worked in a farm growing rice, Ryuzaki was ambitious, unlike his parents, he didn't want to join become a farmer, His goal was to become a Pilot in the Naval Forces, and he attained it, as he joined the ranks of the Naval Forces he was very excited about it, until a couple years after, When he was on his first patrol to Tohoku, with a few above and under ranked officers, They encountered a large group of nomads, various sizes, The entire squadron was annihilated, while a few order ships escaped after the nomad's sighting. Except for Ryuzaki who was lucky enough to eject, and got rescued later by the Naval forces rescue group. Since that day, Ryuzaki resigned from the Naval Forces, and went to the Omicrons, hoping to find some work there.

[b]Why do you want to join The Core?: In my opinion, The Core is a powerful and honorable organization that I find best in doing It's job towards the nomads and Sirius right, joining such organization would help me reach my goals as well.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: ~2.7 years

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: Yes, I was in the old BHG|Core-

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: very familiar, I got many chars there.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 6

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: Well... 7, No specific ship-type.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Coz, fun, RP, Pews, Fun, RP, pews....

Finally, what is your Skype?: ghost.radical

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-20-2014

Ryuzaki Kuruso;
If you want honor, you've chosen the right people. We'll be hoping to see you flying with us soon. You have been accepted

RE: The Core Recruitment - Euca - 06-20-2014

RP Form
Your Name: Aleksei Vanzin

Your Age: 29 years of age.

Where are you from?: Zvendny Gorodok

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: I shot two men on Boa Vista. I once bathed in a pool of blood. I also am from the Coalition. That's about all I can come up with.

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): Damn, I was hoping I'd escape this.

Well, I am a natural born hunter. My parents had a fascination with weapons, constantly tinkering with them, all for the greater cause of the Coalition or something. It got too much when they were offered positions as fully pledged mechanics and their work got more important than me. So, I left. Well, I tried, but naturally, Coalition Born people aren't really accepted. So I worked on Sevastopol for a while, then left for the cold world of Boa Vista.

I went a tad mad there. I guess it could have been the cold. But I ended up in a serious bar brawl that left two men in their early graves. After I bummed around for a while I left again. Looked at the 'darker' side of Sirius. Things like Cruise Liners that we supposed to make you a vampire, Gypsy Caravans that were filled with singing, that sort of stuff.

None of it has really clicked with me. I want to find something that does. Perhaps, the Core can offer me that?

Why do you want to join The Core?: Looking for a future. Preferably a profitable one. I never really hated Capitalism

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Too Long. (1 year)

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: Meh, I kinda experimented with the versatile RP, never really stuck to me. Hopefully it will this time. I know that the Core is a side faction of the BHG that operates in the Omicrons to gather Nomad Tech and do the Order's job. But they have have changed in this incarnation?

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: Fairly, could use a little brush up though.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 11 Wink (A serious answer would be 9)

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 11 in an OP Ship and 6 in a non op ship

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Something new I haven't tried before and this new incarnation looks cool.

Finally, what is your Skype?: Lyth already has it.

RE: The Core Recruitment - Sath - 06-20-2014

RP Form
Your Name: James Rodriguez

Your Age: 24

Where are you from?: Liberty

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: Freelance Mercenary

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better):
I was born and bought up in Planet Manhattan. Went to school and decided that business is not really my line of interest. Went for aeronautical training and space combat training in the Manhattan Institute of Aeronautics. I began my work in and around New York, assisting the Liberty Police in clearing out pirate threats and other such silly nuisances.

I was then subjected to bigger responsibilities, wherein I found myself assisting the Liberty Navy and the LSF in their patrols through Alaska and Ellesmere. That was a time when I came to know about the various threats to humanity as a whole, in the form of extra terrestrial species, commonly known as Nomads. A sense of patriotism and other such, over emotional, adrenaline pumped feelings propelled me to join hands for a greater cause, even after knowing that, it can potentially involve risking my life. And I could not have found a better group of people than your lot.

Why do you want to join The Core?: The thrill and fun of working in the deeper Omicrons and also, potentially facing the biggest threat that the Sirian populace have been subjected to.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 7 months

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: I dont have enough experience with BHG Core RP, except for some pew pews and encounters with Order, noms in my Core characters

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: Pretty much used to roaming around the Omicrons.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: 7 or 8 would be what I rate myself.

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: 6. Somewhat good in cruisers and battlecruisers. Acceptably good in snubs. I suck in BS PvP Sad

Why do you want to join the The Core?: Cause Lyth said (just kidding). I like playing in the Omicrons, and would be interested in joining factions that have their major gameplay around there.

Finally, what is your Skype?: You have it

RE: The Core Recruitment - Flashâ„¢ - 06-20-2014

RP Form
Your Name: Newton Holt

Your Age: 25

Where are you from?: Shikoku, Deshima Station

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience: House Hunter

Detailed Background, a Paragraph (the more we can learn about you, the better): My name is Newton Holt. I was born on Deshima Station in the wonderful system of Shikoku. I grew up mostly in New Tokyo though, for fairly simple reasons that meant my safety. My family wasn't poor, nor rich. The Holt family tree line goes years back, and it was always connected to Bounty Hunters.

Growing up, I rarely saw my parents, and lived with my older cousin on Planet New Tokyo. They didn't want my future to be same as theirs, they wanted me to be someone who was respected for what they did. I was always told that, to never look at or even try follow my parents footsteps.

During school, I was a fairly good kid I could say, but then I began rebelling. I didn't want to study, I didn't want more education after I graduated. Almost never seeing my parents, I wanted to become like them, I wanted to be a Bounty Hunter. To me, respect was something I was out to earn through hunting. Ever since I graduated at 17 years old, I joined my family in bounty hunting, and have done it for roughly five years. Through those years, I've learned a lot of good things, and bad ones alike.

As I was getting older, I always thought to myself if this is it, if this was all I was going to do, until the end of my days. I always knew I could be more useful to someone, or even something, and make a valuable change. After a few months of those thoughts, I quit the life of being a bounty hunter, and set out to the Sigmas, and would later reach the Omicrons, where I was approached by the Bounty Hunters Guild Core.

Few weeks passed, I joined their ranks, but not for long, would they fall apart. I wish to continue my life within The Core, and be of some use, and not just a normal bounty hunter craving credits for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Why do you want to join The Core?: Bounty Hunting life style isn't working out for me, even thought the pay was good. I think I can be of more use to The Core.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: Roughly 3 years.

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?: Yes, I was in BHG|Core, and have had a indie in the past.

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: Fairly well, I play most the factions available in the edgeworlds.

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?: Ehhh, 8?

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?: About 4.

Why do you want to join the The Core?: I was in BHG|Core, so moving into the new faction?

Finally, what is your Skype?: Flash.231

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-20-2014

Aleksei Vanzin, James Rodriguez, Newton Holt ;
All of your applications are valid. You have been accepted

RE: The Core Recruitment - Lowis - 06-21-2014

RP Form
Your Name:
Shawn Brunham

Your Age:

Where are you from?:
Planet Manhattan, New York system, Liberty.

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:
House hunter, Core Capital ship captain.

Well as you can see <here> I was already accepted into the Bounty Hunters Guild, but since then, I haven't had much fun, or "enough" pride for my work... recently met a friend of mine from childhood that worked now for zoners... I went out in my house manta to omicrons just to pay a visit... a nomad attack, it was so sudden, so fast... we couldn't defend ourselves... my manta was destroyed and I nearly killed... the Poor Kirk was burned down with his cargo escape pod too, so I wish to hunt aliens, I want to avenge my friend and give them a piece of me, think I will be useful, dunno' who knows... I'm not even sure myself... whatever awaits me.

Why do you want to join The Core?:
Because my job as a member in the guild isn't done yet.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?:
Almost 1 year.

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?:
Yep and yep.

How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?:
Very

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:
8 (9 as my sis says)

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:
7-8 (why not fully 8? cause I am still learning)

Why do you want to join the The Core?:
.-. ehm.. cause... I like it?

Finally, what is your Skype?:
lowisthegamer (already had me I think)

RE: The Core Recruitment - Gulryz - 06-21-2014

RP Form
Your Name:Masaru Akiyama

Your Age:25

Where are you from?:Planet New Tokoyo,Kusari

Previous Jobs/Roles/Experience:Kusari Naval Forces

I was born on Planet New Tokoyo. My father was a yard worker, he earned enough to feed our family. When I was 4 years old, he sent me to school. He wanted me to be a yard worker like him but I wanted something more; i don't like yard work. After finishing my flying school at the age of 19, I joined Kusari Naval Forces Militray Academy. After 2 years of Academy, I joined Kusari Naval Forces.

After some years, on a patrol with my wing in Tohoku system, we found several "Infected" and nomad ships of different sizes attacking us. We fought well but we were less in numbers, my whole wing of 5 fighters was destroyed. Fortunately I ejected and a rescue wing came just in time and managed to pick up my pod. After that day I resigned from the KNF, feeling they were inadaquet at dealing with the alien threat. I didn't feel much security with the Order, as I heard they were a terrorist organization, so I directed my attention towards The Core.

Why do you want to join The Core?:Core is a powerful organization and it's job towards nomads and sirius is right. I wanna join Core for hunor.

OORP Form
How long have you been playing Freelancer Discovery for?: 1 year

Have you ever played a BHG Core character before? Do you know about The BHG Core?:
No and yes i know about BHG
How familiar are you with the Edgeworlds?: mostly there

How would you rate your RP skills out of 10?:6

How would you rate your PvP skills out of 10? What ship-types are you good in?:5. Bomber,VHF,HF,LF.

Why do you want to join the The Core?:Nice RP and wanna improve my skills in PvP and more in RP.

Finally, what is your Skype?:you know it :p

RE: The Core Recruitment - The Core - 06-21-2014

Shawn Brunham, Masaru Akiyama ;
All of your applications are valid. You have been accepted