Discovery Gaming Community
Texture bugs galore - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Texture bugs galore (/showthread.php?tid=117041)

Pages: 1 2

Texture bugs galore - Omi - 06-24-2014

I'm fairly certain this issue is specific to just me, hence why I'm posting here and not in Bug Reports.

I have a TON of missing textures on Disco. Valor textures, Grizzly textures, hi-res Upholder textures, and tons more besides. These ships are all either totally or partially 'pure white'/untextured in game.

I've reinstalled Disco using a different, fresh Freelancer install, and this issue is still prevalent.

I can post screens of the issue if that would help, as well as system specs. The issue DID only start when I upgraded my computer, for the record.

DELETE - SnakThree - 06-24-2014

DELETE

RE: Texture bugs galore - Nerva - 06-24-2014

I have this very same problem when I connect the monitor to one of the newer GPUs (AMD R9 290) in my system. I also can't turn off V-Sync while using it.

The solution was to use the integrated GPU (again AMD one) which is more than sufficient for Freelancer.

Changing settings in AMD Control Center or tweaking FL settings (already maxed out) didn't do anything.

P.S: The effects include partially white ships, fully white ships, ships/stations/planets with ugly textures, low-res startspheres, blurry navmap.

RE: Texture bugs galore - Narcotic - 06-24-2014

What resolution do you play at?
What graphics card do you use?
You have the same problems with vanilla Freelancer?

I've had lots of issues with my graphics card being too new for the Freelancer engine, too. Did some adjustions in the GC driver options until they were gone. Though, this resulted in relative low framerate, no matter my high-end rig. At least it works.

RE: Texture bugs galore - Freeroamer - 06-24-2014

I dont have a Problem with my Modded Textures..

I use the ones that come with Swag pack

RE: Texture bugs galore - Omi - 06-25-2014

(06-24-2014, 08:38 PM)Corundum Wrote: I have this very same problem when I connect the monitor to one of the newer GPUs (AMD R9 290) in my system. I also can't turn off V-Sync while using it.

The solution was to use the integrated GPU (again AMD one) which is more than sufficient for Freelancer.

Changing settings in AMD Control Center or tweaking FL settings (already maxed out) didn't do anything.

P.S: The effects include partially white ships, fully white ships, ships/stations/planets with ugly textures, low-res startspheres, blurry navmap.

Sounds like exactly the problems I'm getting. I have the same series of card (AMD R9 290X) and I'm experiencing every single one of those issues, right down to the inability to disable VSync.

If it's the graphics card, then I guess I might be out of luck.

RE: Texture bugs galore - Echo 7-7 - 06-25-2014

Do the problematic ships always appear this way, or is it only some of the time?

RE: Texture bugs galore - Omi - 06-25-2014

Always. Affected ships include most of the Valor (some areas have textures, but the majority is pure white), the LAC, the Grizzly, the Greyhound, and probably a ton more besides. Additionally, my Upholder texture is present but very, VERY low resolution.

RE: Texture bugs galore - Echo 7-7 - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 01:56 PM)Omicega Wrote: Always. Affected ships include most of the Valor (some areas have textures, but the majority is pure white), the LAC, the Grizzly, the Greyhound, and probably a ton more besides. Additionally, my Upholder texture is present but very, VERY low resolution.

Well, that at least rules out the possibility of the FL engine bug where it might load incorrect textures, and if you're not crashing, that means that you're not encountering ships with missing textures (which was a rare bug with certain NPC spawns in previous versions).

The only other issue I can think of mod-side is if certain texture files are missing from Update 7a. As unlikely as it is, I will ask the other Devs to check that's not the case.

However, from the sounds of it, there's some funny business going on between Freelancer, your PC, and GPU. Is your GPU a switchable/integrated set? I've had a problem with my current AMD card where the GPU-switching software did not function at all, and I had to manually set it to use the high-performance GPU through the BIOS.

If it's not that... full system specs?

RE: Texture bugs galore - Nerva - 06-25-2014

(06-25-2014, 04:34 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: full system specs?

As I have the same problem, here are the system specs:
Code:
CPU: AMD A10-5800K with HD 7660D integrated GPU
GPU: 2x AMD R9 290 (not in Crossfire; only one is used)
RAM: 8GB
Drives: 120GB SSD and 500GB HDD; Discovery is installed on the SSD
Driver version: 14.10.1006-140417a-171099C
Catalyst version: 14.4

Just moving the monitor cable to the integrated GPU port completely "solves" the issue. Disabling the integrated GPU in the BIOS did nothing.
However, I have to upgrade the weak CPU in few months so I'm going to be stuck with the same problem.