Discovery Gaming Community
A most mundane log of yet another freelancer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A most mundane log of yet another freelancer (/showthread.php?tid=117207)

A most mundane log of yet another freelancer - Strichev - 06-28-2014

26.6. THU 11:47 Planet Cambridge

Decided to buy luxury food and ship it off to New London. It’s almost guaranteed to fetch some profit or at least cover the running costs – hah, I’ve never thought I’d have to worry about fuel consumption! Off to space! Freelancing!

26.6 THU Planet New London

Got here without the slightest hint of trouble; the trade lanes were surprisingly desolate. I’ve been here before and, I must say, it’s just as rainy today as it was back then. The run was short and to be honest quite boring. However…profit! I’m sitting on 76 thousand credits right now. I think. Anyhow, it covered the costs of fuel and everything. Now what?

A sleepless night drenched more so in alcohol than in the appalling acid rain that keeps falling from the gloomy skies above. A headache has to be endured and decisions need to be made.

The word is that New London’s gin makes for fine cargo if shipped to, say, Kusari. I’m not yet sure about this, it’s a long trip and who knows how many lunatics might be on the way.

A sip of the same gin and I’m committed. To Kusari! Ya cannit stay on the same place all the time. At least I’ll try some sushi. It probably tastes terrible. Off for now.

27.6. FRI 17:12 Planet New Tokyo

It’s been a long run! From New London to Kusari, throught Liberty and border systems, past Raiden and Reppu Bend, through Shikoku – and not a single word spoken. Except the usual meaningless chatter with border stations and police patrols. I’ve made some profit, but to be honest…this is not how I imagined it would be. From one endless tradelane to another; this is not life, this is…well…it’s work.

I should have stopped in Liberty. I’m not doing this to get rich, I have all the time to waste. When I get a better ship. This Stasrgazer is not worthy of its name. It would be a rustbucket if ship hull panels were susceptible to rust. Changing a ship takes money; something difficult to get when you fly a ship such as this.

Sleep! Sleep! Got to sleep.

28.6. SAT 6:00 Planet New Tokyo

Sushi is not my thing. Nor is sake. And guess what? It’s raining here. Hooray for international bad weather! Everything is expensive and I can’t stay here for too long. There are some places I would definitely want to check out...but...I’m a cowardly idiot and don’t dare to. Gin!

29.6 SUN Planet New Tokyo

Another day, another headache and a bill to pay. Disturbance of public order. Damned be these tiny rooms and their thin walls. Is it my fault that they can’t build a building insulated enough? I’m not going to pay, though. Off to space! To Taus! I hear there’s always something going on there. And where’s action, there’s money.