Discovery Gaming Community
Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Player Tempbanned: Snak3 (/showthread.php?tid=117233)

Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - Arioch - 06-29-2014

Account name: Snak3
Duration: 48 hours

Rules:

Quote:1.2 Trolling or harassing other members of the community

Consequences:

Apparently stepping away, making a sandwich, and coming back level-headed isn't something you like doing. I warned you privately less than 48 hours ago to not troll or be rude. What did you do? You post something trolling and rude, in a serious thread that had zero reason for you to post that. So guess what. Those 48 hours that you ignored my warning? Well you now have the wonderful privilege of spending the next 48 hours making sandwiches! Don't do it again or have us remind you once more. That is heed staff warnings by NOT pressing letters on keyboard, if you forgot how it is done.

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE

RE: Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - mwerte - 07-01-2014

Ok, since it's been less then 15 hours since you got unbanned, and almost all of the posts you've made since then have been posted in the mod chat with "seriously? That's really unhelpful and mean spirited" it's obvious you have not learned anything from your little vacation.

Therefore, you are now only able to post in the roleplay section of the forum. This will be for 30 days.

I also reset your post count to 0.

Have a good day.

-mwerte

RE: Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - SnakThree - 07-01-2014

This is Snak3 and I'd like to say this:

Here is the summary of all the comments from the moment my 48 hour ban was over. I added short remarks to actually point out to the team what kind of comment it is trully as I feel I was wrongly suspended. I took the first tempban to heart and almost all of my posts were emotionless and without any taste of sarcasm, rudeness or trolling. The only one post that I actually posted with sarcastic remark was about people forgetting that roleplay still exists is from the same series as before. People keep forgetting that the game is more than it's mechanics. It's actual player interaction that matters. /rant

I have no idea how exactly "almost all of the posts" and "really unhelpful and mean spirited" considering majority of them are actual answers to questions posted or a statement to participate in ongoing civil discussion or even provide an advice.

I have no idea who were so pushing to get me banned for this content which is in noway near to what I was temporary banned just few days ago. I admit, that was sarcasm over the top, but these posts are pure and not harrassing anyone.

I was caught in this mess with major prejudice and I request this case a proper review.

Attachment:

(07-01-2014, 08:22 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Do tell me what's so different from police battlecruiser doing interdictions in comparison with military one doing the same?
A simple question.

(07-01-2014, 09:13 AM)Snak3 Wrote: BHG ID remains open.
A simple answer

(07-01-2014, 10:15 AM)Snak3 Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 09:30 AM)AlphaWolf215 Wrote: One problem I notice with that Ace is you presume the BPA walk in, and take the vendors word for what he has. What they would really do, is go take a walk through the stock room, noting what things are. But inspections don't stop there, they would have a team walking throughout the complex as well, meaning that hiding places are likely to be found. 9 times out of 10, they are going to find it regardless. That's the way I have always viewed the station checks at least.
Which would need a warrant based on suspicion. Which would need roleplay. Oh my god. Roleplay. What a relic on this server. People now dock on PoB, scroll through the ooRP list of items and can do whatever they want due to the fact, the community itself allowed government and its representetives such powers.

I'd report this as ingame metagaming and see where it leads. After all, submitting report is not shameful if your intention is not to cause harm to others but to prevent such thing for yourself/others.
A statement pointing out that it would need a string of roleplay. Again, sarcastic statement that people are forgetting roleplay on this server. This is the only comment that can even be counted as being half-negative.
And an advice.

(07-01-2014, 10:57 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Ask official faction to open bounty board contract to intercept criminals and whatnot. I am sure there are factions who would not mind it. Yes, rules are crappy and are not flexible for out-of-the-box-RP, but you can loophole them too to get what you want.
A simple advice.

(07-01-2014, 12:19 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Biting others were missing.
Flood

(07-01-2014, 12:20 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 11:28 AM)KUBANA Wrote: First of all as a member of colonial military

Yeah. That's your problem if you count yourself as military man in foreign lands.
A simple statement to point out that foreign military is viewed with suspicion.

(07-01-2014, 12:21 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Noone is requestiong Ageira or Lane Hacker ID writeup. So sad. Best IDs evah.
A simple statement.

(07-01-2014, 12:52 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 12:44 PM)KUBANA Wrote: All I am saying is that the Vigilante guy seemed to act as an authority there.

Sounds like that guy was roleplaying.

Bad vigilantes, bad. You roleplayed.
A simple statement and a positive joke towards Vigilantes

(07-01-2014, 04:00 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
Quote:3.4 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in 10k range of the ship you were fighting counts as PvP death. Freighters and transports in this case may return to the system for the sole purpose of trading.

That's pretty self-explanatory
An answer.

(07-01-2014, 04:16 PM)Snak3 Wrote: 2. Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP is a roleplaying server. Roleplaying is required while playing here.

One cannot refuse to roleplay for ooRP reasons.

In my case, when I fly as Ageira trader, I never chat with dirty junkers, though if they RP something to me, I go *radio silence* of some sorts.
An answer and a statement.

(07-01-2014, 06:37 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Do few missions for KNF.
An advice.

(07-01-2014, 07:23 PM)Snak3 Wrote:
(07-01-2014, 05:25 PM)mwerte Wrote: Then how do smugglers sell illegal commodities to bases?

How would you enforce this?
Good comeback, good sir.
A positive comment to point out that a valid point was raised.

(07-01-2014, 07:39 PM)Snak3 Wrote: It's not about the time, I think. It's about absolute ignorance because there is no wish to interact.
A statement.

(07-01-2014, 09:21 PM)Snak3 Wrote: If you have no idea then perhaps you shouldn't jump to creating one at all.
An advice.

RE: Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - Hawk - 07-02-2014

I'll cut you a break this time, since I'm not sure if the rules were explained to you fully. You are restricted to posting in RP sections only. That is all. If you try to circumvent this restriction in any way (and that includes using alts) you will be taking time off the server as well.

RE: Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - SnakThree - 07-04-2014

It has been a bit more 72 hours since I politely asked what exactly warranted this suspension and to this minute, there was no answer. I was told that it will be explained once mwerte is available but I find it strange that collecting evidence, reviewing it and passing judgement was at least 5 times faster in comparison to providing that evidence to suspected perpetrator.

If you want people to change their behaviour then it is your duty to explain what exactly was wrong in their behaviour otherwise it is pointless to brand "almost all of the posts" as "really unhelpful and mean spirited" while majority of those posts were helpful answers and advices that are still visible which means they are not that meanspirited to be tucked under the rug. Currently, this suspension appears to be "guilty until proven innocent" and from my perspective it is tenfold more rude than majority of my posts throughout the years even in my darkest moments.

If I am a deadweight to this community and you simply want to get rid of me then stop beating around the bush and ban me permanently to be done with it for good. At least that is a more proper closure compared to this comical situation. After all, now you have a concrete reason to accuse me of circumventing my suspension by using an alternative account to try and figure this out because I do not have whole admin and mod team as Skype friends and must rely on such measure.

PS.: Therefore I humbly ask to be provided evidence or a message that this is a closed case and that I should be packing my luggage for the month(s) to come.

RE: Player Tempbanned: Snak3 - mwerte - 07-05-2014

Hi there, yes, I got your initial PM and then your posts here and elsewhere. Unfortunately Wednesday and Thursday were utterly inane and stupid busy, mostly due to work, and I had no time to write a proper response. Moreover, I was in such a dark and grouchy mood that I didn't trust myself to not take it out on you.

As for your post, it reminds me of what my mother constantly told me when I was a kid; "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." Your posts are constantly petty and belittling, and after being given a warning to stop...you come back and do the exact same thing. This is a last warning before more punitive measures are taken, because I, and the admin team, are not going to tolerate your level of trollishness.

(07-04-2014, 11:34 PM)Vladimir Scorpius Wrote: If I am a deadweight to this community and you simply want to get rid of me then stop beating around the bush and ban me permanently to be done with it for good.
I do not think you are deadweight, in fact, you bring activity to the area that you are playing in, and have lots of experience that is valuable and could be a great asset to the community. But that does not excuse the trolling and snark that you direct at other people whenever you post on the forums. Remember, there are other human beings on the other side of the screen.

Have a good weekend,

-mwerte