Discovery Gaming Community
Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! (/showthread.php?tid=117613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Victor Steiner - 03-24-2017

William Glowed inside when he saw her smile and blush.
''No, I don't suppose you can'' He said smilling at her, ''Well...as it so happens there is a place on the family estate that has been empty for some time. I believe the family who used to live there moved away, my brother and I never actually thought to sell it or find new tennants, so if you wanted I could give you the keys to the place, until you decided to move somewhere else. I assure you its away from the front lines, Planet Cambridge, Warwickshire. I understand how that sounds but if you are serious about moving back, i see no harm in letting you stay there.''

He finished his drink in a quick motion and placed the empty glass on the table next to hers. ''Would you care for another?'' he asked.

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Mushy - 03-24-2017

She nodded. "Ah, one more mojito won't hurt."

Edith then thought about what William just said. Planet Cambridge? That doesn't sound bad, it is a very lush planet, too, so bright and not depressing like New London is.

"A family estate? That sounds like something pretty large. You really own a place like that?"

It almost felt like this man right here would do anything. Was this intentional? She pondered for herself.

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Victor Steiner - 03-25-2017

William motioned to the barman to bring two more drinks of the same, the man nodded and began making them.

''Cambridge is wonderful in Autum and spring. Not too cold or to warm. To answer your question however, I do not own it, the family does. The grounds are legal property of my elder Brother, Alfred. I am charged with the family finances and with most of the family away fighting in the war or traveling, the day to day running of the actual house falls to me, and sometimes my Brother John who occasionally visits. Mainly just me. It's sad how such a grand building can feel so empty, i guess that is partly the reason i am offering you a place there.''

The waiter handed them their fresh drinks before leaveing, and William sipped his whiskey, he knew enough to know that his offer might put some people off, being overly generous scared some people but he hoped it wouldn't frighten her away.

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Mushy - 03-25-2017

"It is big, however, as you have just implied." she said.

She was always used to the compact space that most freighters and transport provided. A big building seemed a little bit frightening. She'd like something humble and small. Maybe she could buy an apartment somewhere on Cambridge.

"Well, I thank you for the offer, but I do prefer small living quarters. Force of habit, I guess."

Taking a drink from the fresh mojito, she hoped that William would understand.

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Victor Steiner - 03-26-2017

''Oh...well there is a cottage in Maidstone i know is for sale, not too shabby. If you're interested.'' He said.

He wasn't bothered by her refusal, it was good to see Bretonian's returning home, and if he could help, that was enough for him.

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Mushy - 03-26-2017

"I think that will do, I'm going to check it out soon enough," she said, smiling at William.

She then asked him, "Now, as I will be returning, do you know of any really pressing jobs that need to be done around Bretonia? Any express cargo? You've been around, so I suppose you know."

Then, she clarified after a brief moment, "You know, since my old jobs will be left back in Liberty."

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Victor Steiner - 03-26-2017

He took another sip of his drink. Pondering her question for a moment.

''Well of course there is the organisation I work for, Bretonian Mining and Fabrication, we are always on the hunt for experienced traders and pilots, we mainly work in house, although i am trying to settle deal with the outcasts. Then you have BMM, who do the same things as us mainly. Bowex and Planetform are also looking for people, but they are smaller companies, and finally you have Gateway, who is a good choice if you want to venture into the borderworlds.''

He took another sip.

''Of course, Bretonia needs metal and Ore, ship production is going through the roof because of the war and the Government demand for quality ores is unsurprisingly high, the alternative is to earn coin for the crown by transporting gold and the like out to other houses. The choice, however, is totally up to you.''

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Mushy - 03-26-2017

She shrugged slightly, "Well, I think my mind is already settled on becoming Bowex."

Finishing up her mojito, she continued, "It is true, it is quite true that the metal trade is very lucrative for all parties, and it's a very rewarding job. I'd be up for supplying even more rare metals from the dangerous parts of space, too. My ship could handle it, after all. However.."

She leaned closer to him and spoke a little bit more quietly, ".. did you say you wanted to settle a deal with outcasts? I'm intrigued; I thought it wasn't possible to deal with such ruthless folk.."

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Victor Steiner - 03-27-2017

He took another drink as he listened to her, Bowex was a fine choice. ''Ruthless folk they may be'' he began, in response to her question ''But they have no love for the Gaulics, so it makes a certain kind of sense to ally with them. The trouble lies in a number of things, the distance between them and us and their stubborness. True, they have their own goals, true they want to look out for ways to expand their territory, but even so, they can be worked with. They need materials we have and we need materials they have. It makes sense then, for us to do some sort of an exchange. Hard as it may be, I will try none the less''.

RE: Welcome to the Tea & Pee Bar at Fortitudine .... enjoy your stay! - Mushy - 03-28-2017

She nodded. Of course, it was as the one saying always said: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

In fact, this reminded her of a small friendship she had developed with a Corsair. Surely, she shouldn't bring that up. It was nice to know that there's more outlaws out there who are able of cooperation towards a common goal, and even some sort of friendly relation.

"In any case then, I wish you luck! Hopefully, you will be able to make a deal with them."

She smiled and rose the unfortunately empty glass. "Here's to, uh, your success with the Outcasts!"