Discovery Gaming Community
One Way Left - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: One Way Left (/showthread.php?tid=117716)

Pages: 1 2 3

One Way Left - Remnant - 07-10-2014

//If you can post here, you would know it.

It was quite normal at Padua Base, plenty of unlawful affiliated men and woman were enjoying their booze just like they would any other day. However this particular day, a single person seemed to stand out a little compared to the rest. Among the crowd, sat a single woman seeming to be in her mid twenties. Wearing a black dress with red swirls slowly stretching up and down the length of the clothing, however no makeup could be found on the face.

Sitting at one of the tables, her arms crossed on the surface, as she rested her head as well. Yeah, she got a few strange looks from the others, but honestly, she really didn't care. After working back at the Nonsense Factory, she really just needed a break to sit down and well.. Relax.

"To be honest, I feel slightly disappointing that everyone is ignoring me besides a few looks here and there. That's no fun.."

Mumbling to herself quietly, surveying the others talking loudly to each other over alcohol. Merely waiting, and praying something exciting would happen.

RE: One Way Left - Widow - 07-11-2014

A young girl walked in, her red hair was dreaded, and lip pierced. She looked out of place among the other patrons. She made her way to the far end of the bar with a group of people, pulling out a pipe and some synthetic marijuana. The smell was lost in the environment and the marijuana wasn't frowned upon here. The pipe was passed around the group, she didn't seem to mind.

One of the men had taken her by the hand and was trying to get her to dance, she laughed and brushed him off, playfully reminding him that last time his wife hit him over the head with a cast iron frying pan. After ordering a bowl of hot chips and a beer, she looked around and saw the girl at the table. "Jus' bring it over there." She flashed the bar tender a smile as she picked up her beer from the counter and went over to join her. "You new 'ere?" She had an accent, it wasn't as strong as it once was, but it was still more then noticeable.

RE: One Way Left - Remnant - 07-11-2014

Picking her head up off of the table, she quickly looks over the person to actually break the boredom weighing heavily on her. She honestly didn't expect to be bothered, despite the environment she was in.

"Rmm? Hey there. New here? Sorta, I just float around from place to place, although I always could always use some company." Tapping the chair next to her a few times.

"Comeon, I won't bite. Unless you find that exciting that is, then i'll think about it. But that's for a later time I suppose. The name is Jessica Snow, nice to meet you. You don't seem to be a standard brute around here who will punch your skull in if you say something wr-.."

Stopping, remembering that this was a public place.

"Ahh, forget it. Bad habit to voice my thoughts aloud. So what's your name?" Being quite forward in her conversation.

She grinned "Not all us Rogues 'ere are brutes you know..... I'm Mary-Jane, but seriously, call me MJ." She noted what Jessica was wearing, it was pretty but she couldn't help but wonder how practical it was. "So, float around, huh? How'd you get 'ere then? It's not like this is in the travelers guides."

She cracked open her beer as a man put a bowl of chips on the table. She nodded in the direction of the chips after taking a couple "Want some? She seemed to be relaxed, almost too relaxed. In the rush of the station it was more noticeable then it normally would have been. Leaning back in her chair she stretched as she spoke her thoughts out loud "Man, these chips are horrible."

"I know not all of you Rogues are brutes. And it's sorta disappointing too, all those rumors about how scary you are aren't as true as I remember them being said as. I was expecting more brawls and such, but all I see if a bunch of happy people drinking and smoking synth. Ah well. Can't blame people for enjoying themselves I suppose."

Popping a chip into her mouth, chewing on it for a few seconds. Shrugging soon afterwards. "Not that bad I suppose. Better than paste. Bleh. Hate that stuff."

Slumping over sideways in her chair, yawning quietly.

"Did some work over at the Nonsense, hopefully Ivan didn't blow up my beautiful reactor already. Although it'd make a pretty picture if it did. For a few seconds at least. Afterwards I wanted a drink, and they pointed me over here since it was a bit more quiet."

Tilting her head for a moment, looking over Mary-Jane's figure curiously.

"Hmm.. Your style isn't that bad. A shame we're in a public place."
Resting her head against her own shoulder for a few seconds. "Ooh silly morals. Although I suppose morals isn't the most accurate around these parts anyways. Nice to meet you, Mary-Jane. I assume you're a regular, eh?"

MJ shrugged "You want fighting, go to Alcatraz or something. Padua Rogues are more..... We like to think we are more upper class." At her comment of Synth, she looked at her with an eyebrow raised, wondering if this could be a potential sale for her "You want some? I got a pretty good lot here at the moment, cheap too. All th' boys love it."

She nods slowly "Reactor. Mechanic, right?" Shrugging slightly "Don't know a thing about it." She giggled at her comments before taking a sip of her beer "Morals tend to go out the window 'ere.... And yeah, I'm a regular here."

Waving her hand slightly at the offer. "Sorry, I enjoy a few beers now and then, but that stuff really isn't my thing. Mechanic? Nah, I design things. Mechanics merely put 'em together. Scientist and a major game player is what I consider myself, but then again, self-titles are really sub-par. Sorta depressing."

"Upper Class Rogues, eh? Now that's something I didn't think I would hear. Something my sister would agree with quite happily, although she's in her own upper class society. Helps me play my game, so I hardly care."

Tilting her head curiously at MJ. "Say, lets ask an awkward question. What do you think of this world we live in, eh? If you could describe it in three or less words, what would you tell me. A bad habit I happily blame on my related to wonder this sort of stuff about other people, but hey. You seem like a nice person. Of course images don't always mean what's true, but i'll not think about that for now."

"Hm, alright then.... You don't know what you're missing out on." She shrugged slightly. Her customer base was large enough to provide her credits for what she needed, and more often then not what she wanted. MJ had a lot more credits then she usually let on, and she planned to keep it that way. She knew if other Rogues realized this, her synth business would be all but useless as most Rogues would begin trying to sell it themselves.

"The world we live in? God damned awful." She said simply. "I mean seriously. People kill other people for fun. Why cant we all just chill out, smoke a J, drink some beers..... Just be happy man." It was becoming obvious MJ didn't care for the fighting. Her lack of sidearm reinforced this. She finished her beer and waved at the bar tender, getting his attention. Pointing to her drink. He just nodded and grabbed another out of the fridge for her. "Want a drink? I'll put it on my tab."

She seemed to like the answer she was given quite a bit. Nodding happily, beginning to smile to herself slightly even.

Perking up a little at her offer. "Oh if you wouldn't mind, i'd greatly appreciate it. Could always use one right about now."

Her head swaying back and forth for a few seconds. "Well, why don't you hear a stranger out, if that's the way you think about this world. What is the ultimate currency, Mary J.. Jane. Sorry." Apologizing quickly for her almost slip-up.

"I find it interesting to find someone like you affiliated with these people, although I suppose selling Synth would do it now that I think about it. Hey, if it makes a living, i'm in no position to oppose it."

She got the bar tenders attention again and held up two fingers. He bought the two bottles across and she smiled, telling him she'd pay for it later.

"Ultimate currency....." She frowned for a moment "None." She cracked open one of the beers and held it out for Jessica "There's nothin' wrong with helping people for the sake of helping people. Trading things for services." She shrugs, laughing slightly at her almost slip-up "Reality is, everyone's so caught up in their own little world, credits are all that matters, yeah?"

"I'm not here for the Synth." She opened her own drink. "Not here because I choose to be either" She takes a sip, and changes the subject, making it clear she wasn't going to discuss that yet. "Scientist and game player, huh? Sounds like a lot of fun."