Discovery Gaming Community
Golden Chrysanthemums - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Golden Chrysanthemums (/showthread.php?tid=11773)

Pages: 1 2 3

Golden Chrysanthemums - Telbasta - 09-03-2008

I'm looking at starting a golden chrysanthemum character. I'm not sure yet if I will try to join the [GC], I might... but if not, what ships are suggested? I'd prefer to try a bomber, but I know most people, myself included, absolutely hate the blood dragon bomber, and I'm not particularly fond of the "pregnant eagle"... it isnt a very suiting ship for the character in my opinion.

Are there any other bombers out there that a GC could use?

Golden Chrysanthemums - chopper - 09-03-2008

Perhaps Waran, or Falcata?

But I'd say stick with Civi one.

Trying to go for a "pretty" ship, something elegant and graceful befitting the character, the civilian bomber doesnt exactly give an impression of beauty or grace.

Perhaps a bomber isnt the right ship type... I suppose I could try a fighter. I just wish we had that GC bomber model that was posted here not long ago, that one looks very elegant.

edit:

i wonder, would it be too far out to use a hessian fighter on a GC character?

Golden Chrysanthemums - Jinx - 09-03-2008

think of what your char wants to do. if its transports you wish to pirate - the civi bomber is as good as any other ( actually a little better, due to the higher armour and lower cost ) - only you ll need to figure out how to make both torp slots work so you have a nova and a CD.

being a pirate that focusses on pirating traders means to retreat once the military or police shows up ( something pirates often fail ) - so if you wish to be prepared for the occasional patrol, you may like to try an eagle. - an eagle can pirate the occasional transport, too ( the ones with like 30k shields ) - but will have trouble with the bigger ones. - but at least you can fight the KNF.

a falcata works - but would need you to establish ties to the outcasts, cause i think the them to produce the ship.... and ties with the outcasts can be troublesome these days ... with all the rumors about their "foreign diplomacy/politics" going on.

for a red cat/blood dragon you d need a convincing explanation. - one that would probably involve marriage and a few generations ties to the blood dragons at the very least ( and 10 children that are BD pilots )

Well she's going to be more of the quiet type, insecure perhaps... I dont plan on pirating solo very often if at all, more flying as "support" for other GC and dragon pilots. Even a light fighter or very heavy fighter would serve the purpose, I just cant seem to find a ship I particularly like; in this case, appearances are more important than power.

I somewhat like the hessian light fighter, but I'm not sure it fits a kusari character well, since they tend to be very nationalistic and dont use a lot of foreign equipment or ships; then again, the [GC] almost all use eagles as far as I know.

With the loki, I could carry a mini razor to help take on transports or enemy cap ships, while still being manuverable enough to survive longer in battle. I'm not a very good aim when it comes to using fighters, but I flew a wyrm on my hogosha character for a while, and I like the survivability that such high manuverability offers; the only issue is lack of firepower.

I wish more of the light fighters could use razors...

Golden Chrysanthemums - Orin - 09-03-2008

I say just fly the civvy bomber for now. Then when 4.85 rolls along buy the perty one.:P

I seriously am considering making a GC when that ship comes out...

EDIT: I can't blame you for being picky though, Yuna deserves a nice ship.:DHeh.

Golden Chrysanthemums - Unholy1 - 09-03-2008

The Thor bomber *hessian one* is a nice ship I have one myself it turns alright and has great power and good armor .... also for the perty part it has a way different look then other type ships in my opinion. But I am not sure if GC's can fly it ... Might try PMing a GC player while on the game.

Golden Chrysanthemums - Enko - 09-03-2008

Im suprised nobody has replied inside the GC to this yet.

Anyhow, here is the faction status, that should tell you alot about us as the player faction.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry185575

I don't know anyone that actually uses the Civvie bomber, however we all use Red Cats for bombers, Personally I don't see any problems with it. Flying one myself I've never gone and died saying it was the ships fault.

Also in short:

Available Ships

Eagle (VHF) - A few people use this
Falcon (HF) - Seen it once, maybe.
Hawk (LF) - Unseen
Griffin (LF) - Nope, only for roleplay reasons.
Red Catamaran (Dragon Bomber) - Most common bomber
Blood Dragon (VHF) - Kuraine? Isn't this a HF?
Blood Dragon Gunboat - We don't want any more of these
Talarca Cruiser - Nobody has one of these as far as I know
Outcast ships may or may not be available at a later date (dependent on agreements with Outcasts) - In short no

Golden Chrysanthemums - MB52 - 09-03-2008

The GC use Civy line of ships... they otherwise have no other choice.

Golden Chrysanthemums - Enko - 09-03-2008

Did you read what I posted?

There's a link to the PC Faction status there if you don't trust it.